Official Info: The Second Annual St. Louis Comic Cookout!

This is where past, great threads in the history of our forum go.

Postby Caduceus on Sat May 21, 2005 10:43 pm

I will be bringing a vegetable tray and myself. Sadly, it's looking like my wife will be unable to attend.
Caduceus
Marianne
Caduceus
Regular Poster

Postby Caduceus on Sat May 21, 2005 10:44 pm

Oh, do you still have space for someone to crash on Saturday night? I can sleep just about anywhere.
Caduceus
Marianne
Caduceus
Regular Poster

Postby Rkolter on Sun May 22, 2005 5:59 am

In order:

Damn. That's too bad.
Great! Sounds Delicious.
Sure I do.

Wait... I just said your wife was delicious... hm.

Sure I do!
Damn. That's too bad.
Great! Sounds delicious!

er... no.

AH!

Great! Sounds delicious!
Damn. That's too bad.
Sure I do!

Yeah, that's the right one. :)

... I'll update the cookout page on monday with the new info. Thanks!
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)

Postby Nyke on Sun May 22, 2005 3:17 pm

rkolter wrote:[EXPLETIVE DELETED]mother[EXPLETIVE DELETED][EXPLETIVE DELETED][EXPLETIVE DELETED][EXPLETIVE DELETED]god[EXPLETIVE DELETED][EXPLETIVE DELETED][EXPLETIVE DELETED][EXPLETIVE DELETED][EXPLETIVE DELETED]holy[EXPLETIVE DELETED][EXPLETIVE DELETED][EXPLETIVE DELETED][EXPLETIVE DELETED][EXPLETIVE DELETED][EXPLETIVE DELETED][EXPLETIVE DELETED]sonofa[EXPLETIVE DELETED][EXPLETIVE DELETED]lousy[EXPLETIVE DELETED][EXPLETIVE DELETED][EXPLETIVE DELETED]!!!!!

*Sigh*
Please, we've got children here! Do you mind watching your mouth!
My LJ | ComicGen CoH/V | Vampire/Amazon looking for Betas. Want to sign up? PM me. | Figure out my Avatar's joke, and win bragging rights.
Nyke
Cartoon Villain

Postby Nyke on Sun May 22, 2005 3:19 pm

We're bringing a few liters of pop, fruit with dip, and some cookies.
My LJ | ComicGen CoH/V | Vampire/Amazon looking for Betas. Want to sign up? PM me. | Figure out my Avatar's joke, and win bragging rights.
Nyke
Cartoon Villain

Postby Jim North on Mon May 23, 2005 4:29 pm

Paychecks came in today (can't actually pick it up and cash it until Thursday, but oh well), and it turns out that 1) I finally got the raise that had been trapped in red tape for the past month and 2) one of my managers tacked on a few extra hours (nice of him). The result is that I have about 40 bucks more than I thought I was gonna have! Also, Kat's going on unemployment isn't going to affect us as badly as I'd previously thought. Also also, I'm working a ton of extra hours now, so I might could pull a little extra money from our savings than I otherwise would because my check after this one will be pretty big, allowing me to pay it all back in later.

The point? You may now shift me and Kat back over into the "yes" column if you would be so kind, Sir Kolter. :D
Existence is a series of catastrophes through which everything barely but continually survives.
Jim North
Cartoon Hero

Postby Caduceus on Mon May 23, 2005 9:37 pm

WOOHOO!
Caduceus
Marianne
Caduceus
Regular Poster

Postby Rkolter on Tue May 24, 2005 5:04 am

Jim North wrote:The point? You may now shift me and Kat back over into the "yes" column if you would be so kind, Sir Kolter. :D

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
:D :D ...HUZZAH! :D :D
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
Rkolter

Postby Orion on Tue May 24, 2005 9:52 am

*dances the forbidden dance with DarkMagician in celebration*

Awesome.
NJ is also Orion's fiance of sexy passion with the love of a thousand sea monkeys

Orion
Cartoon Hero

Postby Rkolter on Wed May 25, 2005 8:27 am

orion wrote:*dances the forbidden dance with DarkMagician in celebration*

Awesome.

... I... I didn't need to see that... :o

The Cookout Website has been Updated!

Changes and additions:

Nanda and Corgan are out. Stephen H-G's wife is out. Jim North and his wife are in! Also updated food people are bringing and the possibility of a webcamera for the event.

Total guests now: 12 + 3 spouses/mothers/etcetra.
That's 15. 16 with Beth, and possibly 17 with a friend who rents out our basement - he reads a lot of the keenspace comics. :)

<B>what I still need</b>

DocBrown03 - Are you going to make it?
AlmightyPyro (and your mom) - Are you going to make it?

Brockway, Christwriter, Zhan_Dvega - what food are you bringing / do you need the kitchen / etcetera?

*rereading*

Hey, in all this time I never noticed, but Phactorri isn't showing? What the hell's up with that? C'mon Phactorri, show! You're pretty cool, in person. :P

Th..thh.thhats all, folks.
Image Image ImageImage

Rkolter

Postby Nyke on Wed May 25, 2005 5:41 pm

orion wrote:*dances the forbidden dance with DarkMagician in celebration*

Awesome.
*takes cold shower afterwards*
Nyke
Cartoon Villain

Postby The Chill Clan on Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:59 am

Last call for hitchhikers and the like. I'm finalizing a driving schedule now so please hurry the slag up if you want a last minute driver. Send me an E-mail at, thechillclan@yahoo.com by tomorrow afternoon with any details (state, city, address, and a phone # if you don't mind.) I don't think I'm going to be able to bring food though since it's already looking to be at least a 15hour drive and most junk won't keep that long except for the 3-4 cases of Faygo that I'm bringing. But that's all for me, I need it's sweet sugary goodness in my veins or I'll die, or fall a sleep. I don't know which is worse. :cry: And just a side note, I usually sleep sitting up so I'll probably be only using like 1/8 of the couch. With that in mind I here by open the bidding for the rest of the couch at the amazingly low low price of one measly soul, do I have any takers? Come on you know a good deal when you read one.:evil:

"Less talk, more Violence!"
The Chill Clan
Regular Poster

Location: You know that feeling when someone is watch you? Yeah that's me..

Postby Faub on Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:07 am

I remember. That was freaky. The only time I've seen people sleeping sitting up is at Visioncon. :D
Faub
The Establishment (Moderator)

Postby The Chill Clan on Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:40 am

It's actually kinda comfortable once you get the hang of not falling out of the chair and such.

"Less talk, more Violence!"
The Chill Clan
Regular Poster

Location: You know that feeling when someone is watch you? Yeah that's me..

Postby Jim North on Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:51 am

Let's see . . . I've sorted and packed all my RPG stuff (making this the first time it's all been in one spot in about two years), got the car's tire patched and oil changed, and ensured that I was actually scheduled the days off that I requested a couple months ago. There were a few scary moments over the past couple of days, but fortunately they were resolved . . . one was monetary (yes, again, but I got it fucking well and sorted out), and the other was biological (Kat got sick yesterday, but she's much better now). Tomorrow will be spent cleaning out the car's back seat, cleaning up a few things here in the apartment, packing, and preparing.

I r teh excited. Naturally, this means that every hour 'til we leave on Friday is draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaging ooooooooooooon foreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeever. :(
Existence is a series of catastrophes through which everything barely but continually survives.
Jim North
Cartoon Hero

Postby Vorticus on Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:43 pm

Jim North wrote:I r teh excited. Naturally, this means that every hour 'til we leave on Friday is draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaging ooooooooooooon foreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeever. :(

Ditto.
Vorticus
Backrub Fiend

Postby Faub on Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:36 pm

If we show up on friday what would be the best time? I (probably) have people I can stay with if necessary but I probably won't be leaving until after 6p.

How many people do you have staying with you and what are the odds that I could be one of them? Last time we stayed up late playing CoC and everyone I know goes to bed before midnight.
Faub

Postby Rkolter on Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:26 pm

faub wrote:If we show up on friday what would be the best time? I (probably) have people I can stay with if necessary but I probably won't be leaving until after 6p.

How many people do you have staying with you and what are the odds that I could be one of them? Last time we stayed up late playing CoC and everyone I know goes to bed before midnight.

We have room for many, and you can be one of them. If you plan to come and stay over Friday night, the rules:

1) Let us know either in this thread, or over the phone, as soon as you're sure that's what you're doing.

2) I'm not cooking out for you Friday. Bring food, or come eat out with us, or pitch in for pizzas and such. :)

Probably best to come BEFORE 11am, or AFTER 5pm. 'Cause between then, we may be at the Zoo.

::EDIT:: and After 9am... I mean jeez. I'm paying for this by taking vacation time. I wanna sleep in a little! :P
Image Image ImageImage

Rkolter

Postby Jim North on Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:49 pm

Kat isn't going to want pizza (it's possibly the thing that made her sick), but we're definitely up for pitching in for food.
Jim North
Cartoon Hero

Postby Faub on Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:43 pm

By the time I arrive I'll probably have eaten anyway so no problems there. I may be bringing fading aura as well depending.
Faub

PreviousNext

Return to Archives