Official Info: The Second Annual St. Louis Comic Cookout!

This is where past, great threads in the history of our forum go.

Postby Orion on Sat May 14, 2005 9:02 am

*dares to hope*
NJ is also Orion's fiance of sexy passion with the love of a thousand sea monkeys

Orion
Cartoon Hero

Postby Rkolter on Sat May 14, 2005 3:35 pm

Orion, you're welcome to be tasered. :wink:
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)

Postby Orion on Sun May 15, 2005 3:22 am

Yeah, I noticed the final line in your signature, very appropraite.

Just to sort the RPG stuff out (assuming everyone is still interested) the current volunteers are me, Spriteville, and (ideally) Jim. Any particular way we wanna narrow down the list?
NJ is also Orion's fiance of sexy passion with the love of a thousand sea monkeys

Orion
Cartoon Hero

Postby Jim North on Sun May 15, 2005 7:57 am

Gladiator-style duels.
Existence is a series of catastrophes through which everything barely but continually survives.
Jim North
Cartoon Hero

Postby Rkolter on Sun May 15, 2005 9:58 am

...with tasers.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
Rkolter

Postby Rkolter on Sun May 15, 2005 10:51 am

... or, we could just see what everyone wants to play when they arrive. :P
Image Image ImageImage

Rkolter

Postby Vorticus on Sun May 15, 2005 6:31 pm

Quick question, is there still floor space available for the Saturday night of the cookout? I don't absolutely need to crash at your house rkolter, but if I could it makes things a little easier for me. I'll bring my own pillows and stuff.
Vorticus
Backrub Fiend

Sleepy Time

Postby Fading Aura on Sun May 15, 2005 6:39 pm

Vorticus wrote:Quick question, is there still floor space available for the Saturday night of the cookout? I don't absolutely need to crash at your house rkolter, but if I could it makes things a little easier for me. I'll bring my own pillows and stuff.

I probably should ask the same question for myself and faub. I have the sleeping bag and pillows - just need to know if there's floorspace. :D
When I was a child, I caught a fleeting glimpse out of the corner of my eye. I turned to look, but it was gone. I cannot put my finger on it now. The child is grown; the dream is gone. And I have become comfortably numb.
Fading Aura
Regular Poster

Postby Rkolter on Sun May 15, 2005 6:53 pm

The only officially taken space we have is:

1) One half of a couch that will sleep two (it's one of those "L" shaped couches - very comfortable). Chill is driving folks up. He requested one half.

2) Possibly the smaller of the two offices upstairs - Jim and Kat.

We still have half a couch, and floor space both upstairs and down for another seven or eight. So we should be good, given some of those showing are getting hotel rooms.
Image Image ImageImage

Rkolter

Postby Spriteville, USA on Tue May 17, 2005 6:05 pm

Bad News.

I can't make it. I was going to buy the tickets right now with my mom, but then despite the fact I had talked to her about this dozens of times, and that I told her the dates, the time, the people... she just now decides to remember that that is the ONE WEEKEND I CAN'T do anything.

To be fair it is for my brother's graduation that weekend. It's just I had this planned for months with my parents consent only to be told 3 weeks from it that i can't go so I'm rather upset actually.

So I'm sorry, I really really really looked forward to this and meeting everyone. So I'll have to be removed from the list and the Zombies in Space RPG can't happen either. Sorry.
Spriteville, USA
Cartoon Hero

Postby Rkolter on Wed May 18, 2005 3:59 am

[EXPLETIVE DELETED]mother[EXPLETIVE DELETED][EXPLETIVE DELETED][EXPLETIVE DELETED][EXPLETIVE DELETED]god[EXPLETIVE DELETED][EXPLETIVE DELETED][EXPLETIVE DELETED][EXPLETIVE DELETED][EXPLETIVE DELETED]holy[EXPLETIVE DELETED][EXPLETIVE DELETED][EXPLETIVE DELETED][EXPLETIVE DELETED][EXPLETIVE DELETED][EXPLETIVE DELETED][EXPLETIVE DELETED]sonofa[EXPLETIVE DELETED][EXPLETIVE DELETED]lousy[EXPLETIVE DELETED][EXPLETIVE DELETED][EXPLETIVE DELETED]!!!!!

*Sigh*
Image Image ImageImage

Rkolter

Postby Spriteville, USA on Wed May 18, 2005 5:37 am

rkolter wrote:[EXPLETIVE DELETED]mother[EXPLETIVE DELETED][EXPLETIVE DELETED][EXPLETIVE DELETED][EXPLETIVE DELETED]god[EXPLETIVE DELETED][EXPLETIVE DELETED][EXPLETIVE DELETED][EXPLETIVE DELETED][EXPLETIVE DELETED]holy[EXPLETIVE DELETED][EXPLETIVE DELETED][EXPLETIVE DELETED][EXPLETIVE DELETED][EXPLETIVE DELETED][EXPLETIVE DELETED][EXPLETIVE DELETED]sonofa[EXPLETIVE DELETED][EXPLETIVE DELETED]lousy[EXPLETIVE DELETED][EXPLETIVE DELETED][EXPLETIVE DELETED]!!!!!

*Sigh*

I took a lot of self control to keep myself from saying that to my Mom's face actually. =[

Course I was also trying to not burst into tears too. (I'm a sensitive boy).
Spriteville, USA
Cartoon Hero

Postby Rkolter on Wed May 18, 2005 9:56 am

Well...

I won't say bad things about your mother.

But damn, I am going to have to eat a lot of hamburgers.

Make she she knows that. Tell her... tell her that little baby hamburgers will never get eaten because we now lack two additional mouths to feed. That she is denying baby hamburgers the right to grow up like their fathers' did, and be eaten.

Tell her that.

Five extra points if you do it with a straight face.
Image Image ImageImage

Rkolter

Postby Orion on Wed May 18, 2005 1:08 pm

:cry:

[Charlie Brown] AAAAARRRGH!! [/Charlie Brown]

Orion
Cartoon Hero

Postby Orion on Wed May 18, 2005 1:16 pm

http://forums.keenspace.com/viewtopic.php?t=65435

This gave me an idea, we should set up a webcamera for the cookout if that's at all possible.

Orion
Cartoon Hero

Postby Vorticus on Wed May 18, 2005 4:08 pm

orion wrote:http://forums.keenspace.com/viewtopic.php?t=65435

This gave me an idea, we should set up a webcamera for the cookout if that's at all possible.

I'm sure they'll just love it if we sit around and watch movies the whole time.
Vorticus
Backrub Fiend

Postby Rkolter on Wed May 18, 2005 7:19 pm

orion wrote:http://forums.keenspace.com/viewtopic.php?t=65435

Well, I've got a webcamera. Anyone want to donate their laptop and set up the thing? I'm not hauling my desktop downstairs and I don't know how to feed images to the internet via camera.
Image Image ImageImage

Rkolter

Postby Rkolter on Fri May 20, 2005 11:31 am

*bump*

I'm seasoning my grill this weekend. Beth and I are moving stuff around to make room for the guests, and their stuff. The plushies stand ready for battle. The DVD player is warm, and I rerouted the cables for the Dolby 5.1 sound.

The party is coming up in just two weeks!
Image Image ImageImage

Rkolter

Postby Faub on Fri May 20, 2005 3:27 pm

I'll be bringing my laptop but I don't have a decent webcam or software for it. I'll see what I can do, though. It would be easier with Linux. I had a program called videodog that would take a picture from the webcam and save it to disk and another that would combine all the gifs in a directory into a single animated gif. Unfortunately, I had to wipe my hard drive and install this crappy windows software.
Faub
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)

Postby Rkolter on Fri May 20, 2005 5:11 pm

faub wrote:I'll be bringing my laptop but I don't have a decent webcam or software for it. I'll see what I can do, though. It would be easier with Linux. I had a program called videodog that would take a picture from the webcam and save it to disk and another that would combine all the gifs in a directory into a single animated gif. Unfortunately, I had to wipe my hard drive and install this crappy windows software.

I've got a webcam you can borrow. Come early so you can set up.
Image Image ImageImage

Rkolter

PreviousNext

Return to Archives