Official Info: The Second Annual St. Louis Comic Cookout!

This is where past, great threads in the history of our forum go.

Postby Kris X on Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:35 pm

I'd like to reserve a spot in advance for next year. Expect me there.
PK Comics meets Gaming genre.
Kris X
Forum Pocket Kitten

Postby Rkolter on Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:32 pm

Kris X wrote:I'd like to reserve a spot in advance for next year. Expect me there.

Expect? You're required. Who else will pet my three kitties?

And THANK YOU VERY MUCH for having Faub steal lightbulbs from my home, you mercilless feline. *grumble*
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)

Postby Kris X on Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:46 pm

rkolter wrote:
Kris X wrote:I'd like to reserve a spot in advance for next year. Expect me there.

Expect? You're required. Who else will pet my three kitties?

And THANK YOU VERY MUCH for having Faub steal lightbulbs from my home, you mercilless feline. *grumble*

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He actually did it.

:evil: Eeexcellent.
PK Comics meets Gaming genre.
Kris X
Forum Pocket Kitten

Postby [AlmightyPyro] on Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:28 pm

I wanna go next year so bad!!!
I'm glad 90's style forum signatures don't exist anymore.
[AlmightyPyro]
Cartoon Hero

Postby Jim North on Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:30 pm

rkolter wrote:The following day we burned CDs of the video and images for all

Hey! My CD didn't have the pictures that Faub took! I want my money back!

*shakes fist*

played a very cool game of Shadowrun.

Next time, especially if there's going to be even more people there (deity-of-choice willing), I would suggest that those who want to play RPGs split up into different groups to do so. While the game went well, I wasn't able to include everyone in the game as much as I (and probably they) wanted to. What with nine people and all, there were some folks who were pretty much just going sit around with nothing for their characters to do.

So, when it starts rolling up towards this time next year, what say we start doing temporary sign-ups for gaming sessions shortly before the cookout itself?
Existence is a series of catastrophes through which everything barely but continually survives.
Jim North
Cartoon Hero

Postby Spriteville, USA on Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:02 pm

Zombies in Space RPG right here baby! =]
Spriteville, USA
Cartoon Hero

Postby AsterAzul on Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:31 pm

RPGs, baby, oh yeah. 8)

It'd be nice to be a player for once instead of DM, DM, DM. I'm assuming since we're all comickers and storytellers, this is more of a roleplaying-themed thing, in general?

Ooh, I want to write a campaign!
Goddammit, this is why I always end up DMing.
Let's see, the challenge would be writing a story that completes itself in three sessions or less. The first session would be played online before the event, in order to draw players into character and skip the character-design/rules explanation in RL, and the second session AT the party would have to climax the short storyline... It'd be best to write a campaign where the players have characters that are archetypal for the personalities, and forge subdynamics in the first session. Perhaps two small parties, one of 2 and one of three (five players is always optimal for my DMing.) Hmmm... I'd run a typical fantasy world, except that I'll be running the second RithGaia this Summer and I may be tired of it by then. Perhaps I could design a more modern/punk world. Hmm... comics. Comic artists... comic artists... I suppose I could create some sort of homebrew steampunk setting. Adventurers would be special in what way? That's always important. I always prefer the extraordinary luck aspect in adventurers. Sort of a thing where, because they believe in their own skills and abilities they succeed where others fail. Hmm... yeah, I like that. I could allow one player reroll per session as a sort of cookie to the theme. This would be relatively low magic world. [size=75]Hmmm... magic. Magic is always important to think about. I've done legendary magic and I've done innate magic. I've never run good druid magic. Hmmm... druid magic. I could run a world with a sort of living earth. Typical theme, but it's always interesting if done right. That would be a minor subplot. So the only "mages" would be druids, and their magic would be a plea to the earth rather than an expression of personal power. This would make it rather difficult for most adventurers to cast; we're usually very self-motivated and get pissed when we don't control our own fate. Hmmm... calling magic and luck. That pretty much eliminates the subcatagory of pissed
AsterAzul
Regular Poster

Postby Caduceus on Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:49 pm

If I can make it next year I will definitely be able to run a game.
Caduceus
Marianne
Caduceus
Regular Poster

Postby Jim North on Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:09 pm

You made it this year, so you're automatically and irrevocably set to come next year! :P
Existence is a series of catastrophes through which everything barely but continually survives.
Jim North
Cartoon Hero

Postby Orion on Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:59 pm

rkolter wrote:
Everyone was a lot of fun, and Orion was an especially good sport, because I teased him mercillessly with the taser, pointy sticks, and other various painful things.

Help meee. He wants my death! :(
NJ is also Orion's fiance of sexy passion with the love of a thousand sea monkeys

Orion
Cartoon Hero

Postby Jim North on Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:47 pm

No, no . . . that's not true at all.

If you were dead, he wouldn't be able to keep inflicting delicious pain upon your person.
Jim North
Cartoon Hero

Previous

Return to Archives