Revenge of the unhappy thread.

This is where past, great threads in the history of our forum go.
Dave Against The Machine
Cartoon Hero

Post by Dave Against The Machine »

Dr Neo Lao wrote:I don't have anything to complain about, yet I'm still miserable...

Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)

Post by Rkolter »

So, I call Lego. He's in the middle of a birthday party for his girlfriend.

So, I call Cortland. He's in the middle of dinner. With his girlfriend.

So, I call Fading Aura, knowing she doesn't have a girlfriend. But she's out.

:(

Nobody wants to talk to me!

I did call FAUB and get proof that his wife is a real person, or at least, that there was a woman in his home claiming to be his wife. ;)
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"

MixedMyth
Cartoon Villain

Post by MixedMyth »

rkolter wrote: I did call FAUB and get proof that his wife is a real person, or at least, that there was a woman in his home claiming to be his wife. ;)
Ooooo, I haven't heard from FAUB in ages! :o Did they get the Canada-US problems worked out, then? That would be marvelous.
ImageImage Mixed Myth
Etsy Shop- for masks and gamer greeting cards

Mon Ami
Cartoon Hero

Post by Mon Ami »

My stylized glass and gold piece from my bestest best broke because my Mother was too impatient. Usually I do not get upset over such things but it was one of my two favourite items in my whole room, and it was one of two things that my friend has ever gotten me.

-Cries.-

McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Post by McDuffies »

Day has only 24 hours.

Fading Aura
Regular Poster

Work work work . . .

Post by Fading Aura »

rkolter wrote:So, I call Fading Aura, knowing she doesn't have a girlfriend. But she's out.
That's what I get for working 11+ hours today. :P I should be home after 10 if you still feel like picking up the phone and chatting.
Here we stand, here we fall; history don't care at all. Make the bed, light the light; Lady Mercy won't be home tonight.

Sput
Needs an Oil Checkup

Post by Sput »

grabmygoblin wrote:
sput wrote:For the past two months something has been wrong.

I'm sick at least once a week and constantly lethargic, irritable, and all i want to do is sleep and it's the last thing i can do.

i am failing classes, which was tolerable till the parents found out. now it's painful and they think i'm a liar, a slacker, a terrible student and all i want to do is go home and sleep. it got to the point where yesterday i pretty much sobbed all night while studying. tears all over my text book. only thing that kept me together was bean.

my art has stagnated and looks horrible. simplistic and there's 0 improvement.

i have constant headaches which is a new development. they're horrible mostly cus i've never HAD any before now. it feels like vices around my head.
emotionally you feel ok? depression can sneak up on you real fast, and it could either make you very very sleepy or give you insomnia. don't be shy about talking to a doctor about it.
:v yea i've been hardcore depressed a bit, though i've had awesome help through it, i get hopelessly stressed over dumb things. i'll be asking for a check on that, definitely.

today i bombed my math test and a lab.
lazy sput is lazy.

Garneta
Holding Out for a Hero

Post by Garneta »

demonuncle wrote:
Kat North wrote:If anyone thinks that a toothache isn't a legitimate reason for complaint, then they've never had one...toothaches can be pretty fucking horrible.
I always have toothaches and, yes, they are horrible. I still don't see how a toothache is worse than having no car though, probably because my toothaches are so constant, they're not as big a problem for me.
I wasn't trying to say that your problems weren't worse than a toothache, if that's what you're getting at, and I'm sorry if you misunderstood. I was just saying that "Damn, toothaches suck ass."
demonuncle wrote:Besides, just because you have worse problems, doesn't mean mine are easy for me to deal with.
And I never said otherwise. In fact, I completely agree with that. Yes, some problems are worse than others. But everyones problems are important, and everyones problems matter to them, and are usually not easy to deal with. Hell, if they were easy to deal with, then they wouldn't be[/i] problems in the first place. And anyway, it actually sounds like you were thinking differently in a previous post...
demonuncle wrote:No offense, but others here are "complaining" over far sillier crap. Eye twitch? Toothache? C'mon.

They don't think those things are silly. They may not be as bad as yours, no; and they may not be "OMG EMO END OF THE WORLD" type problems...but they're still irritating enough for people to have mentioned them in the first place.

Besides, Kolter was only joking in his post anyway; trying to put some humor in a somewhat depressing thread. He didn't say "Hey, you're actually complaining when we're not, just stop it right now! Rawr!" so don't take his post so seriously...your problems matter. It sucks. We know. And for that matter, you didn't have to take my previous post so seriously either...once again, I was only saying that toothaches suck, I wasn't taking a shot at you!

*Hands out m&ms and free sodas to everyone to lighten the mood a little*
Image Image Image

Vorticus
Backrub Fiend

Post by Vorticus »

You people make the 45 hour work week I had look like a cakewalk.

Demonuncle

okay...

Post by Demonuncle »

Alright, I'm going to clean this up... Even though I don't think anyone cares...

The reason why I got into an accident while driving while not having my license was because I was practicing with my mom. She was introducing me to the area around the DMV a few weeks before my test and I got into an accident at an intersection and almost killed her. We had to go to the hospital and she couldn't walk right for a while. My dad bought me a nice car a while back I've never driven before and was aiming toward driving it. Now, my mom is using it and wants to trade it in for a vehicle she wants and doesn't care that I have no car and can't afford to even rent. Even if I do ever obtain my license, I can't afford insurance either.

Also, I'm sorry I made fun of people for their "silly complaints", I over-reacted and got nervous. Despite having been a member for about a half a year now, I've rarely ever posted, being really nervous about screwing up my first impression and whoop-dee-do, I did.

I hope I'm forgiven... I offer you all popcorn. I would have made it in a pan on the stove, but I have no stove, so it's microwaved, hope you don't mind...
Last edited by Demonuncle on Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tellurider
Cartoon Hero

Post by Tellurider »

sput wrote:
grabmygoblin wrote:
sput wrote:For the past two months something has been wrong.

I'm sick at least once a week and constantly lethargic, irritable, and all i want to do is sleep and it's the last thing i can do.

i am failing classes, which was tolerable till the parents found out. now it's painful and they think i'm a liar, a slacker, a terrible student and all i want to do is go home and sleep. it got to the point where yesterday i pretty much sobbed all night while studying. tears all over my text book. only thing that kept me together was bean.

my art has stagnated and looks horrible. simplistic and there's 0 improvement.

i have constant headaches which is a new development. they're horrible mostly cus i've never HAD any before now. it feels like vices around my head.
emotionally you feel ok? depression can sneak up on you real fast, and it could either make you very very sleepy or give you insomnia. don't be shy about talking to a doctor about it.
:v yea i've been hardcore depressed a bit, though i've had awesome help through it, i get hopelessly stressed over dumb things. i'll be asking for a check on that, definitely.

today i bombed my math test and a lab.
I'd suggest also getting a blood test for TSH. You may have thyroid problems.

I do. Symptoms I get are: constant fatigue, sleeping extremely deeply and not feeling rested, depression, mood swings, inability to motivate myself to do anything, feeling cold, feeling overall crappy, and very low pulse. (yeah, the last one sounds weird, but your pulse shouldn't be around 45 bpm unless you're a hardcore athlete, which I'm not)

There are more symptoms, but low metabolism is another biggie, if you've gained weight recently for pretty much no reason that's another sign.

Just a thought.
updates Thursdays

Rock_dash
NOTHING

Re: okay...

Post by Rock_dash »

demonuncle wrote:Alright, I'm going to clean this up... Even though I don't think anyone cares...

The reason why I got into an accident while driving while not having my license was because I was practicing with my mom. She was introducing me to the area around the DMV a few weeks before my test and I got into an accident at an intersection and almost killed her. We had to go to the hospital and she couldn't walk right for a while. My dad bought me a nice car a while back I've never driven before and was aiming toward driving it. Now, my mom is using it and wants to trade it in for a vehicle she wants and doesn't care that I have no car and can't afford to even rent. Even if I do ever obtain my license, I can't afford insurance either.

Also, I'm sorry I made fun of people for their "silly complaints", I over-reacted and got nervous. Despite having been a member for about a half a year now, I've rarely ever posted, being really nervous about screwing up my first impression and whoop-dee-do, I did.
DRAMA

Nanda
Cartoon Hero

Post by Nanda »

My mother's dog ate my son's security toy. It is beyond repair.
Image Image

Ekolter
Cartoon Hero

Post by Ekolter »

Credit card is max or damn close to it. And we need to go shopping for things...like groceries.

Think went overdrawn with tonight's stress releif purchase aka ice cream, chocolate and soda. Good thing is Ryan's extra funds for working out-of-town all this week should hit next week's paycheck.

Rkolter

Post by Rkolter »

demonuncle wrote:
rkolter wrote:
demonuncle wrote:I recently totalled my mom's car.
Failed my license test for the second time.
Mom stole my car and I'll probably never be able to afford another.
If these happened in this order, you have nothing to complain about.
Complaining? I was just mentioning unhappy things that have happened to me. :-? Thought that was the point here. No offense, but others here are "complaining" over far sillier crap. Eye twitch? Toothache? C'mon.
Let me explain.

If it was in this order, then -

You totalled your mom's car (which is bad).
While you did not have a license (which is worse),
and then bitched that she took your car in return (which seems only fair).

I mean, come on. It's dark humor, but you have to admit, there is some humor to be had here. Everyone needs to laugh at themselves a bit.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.

Demonuncle

Post by Demonuncle »

rkolter wrote:
demonuncle wrote:
rkolter wrote: If these happened in this order, you have nothing to complain about.
Complaining? I was just mentioning unhappy things that have happened to me. :-? Thought that was the point here. No offense, but others here are "complaining" over far sillier crap. Eye twitch? Toothache? C'mon.
Let me explain.

If it was in this order, then -

You totalled your mom's car (which is bad).
While you did not have a license (which is worse),
and then bitched that she took your car in return (which seems only fair).

I mean, come on. It's dark humor, but you have to admit, there is some humor to be had here. Everyone needs to laugh at themselves a bit.
I don't find it at all humorous, especially not after explaining it and then having to apologize to everyone for being a jerk due to misinterpreting you... ._.;

Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Post by Dr Legostar »

rkolter wrote:So, I call Lego. He's in the middle of a birthday party for his girlfriend.
well seeing as last time you called me it was in an attempt to mess with people it's kinda hard to sit on the phone with you. see what happens when you cry wolf.
-D. M. Jeftinija Pharm.D., Ph.D. -- Yes, I've got two doctorates and I'm arrogant about it, what have *you* done with *your* life?
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff

RobertBlake
Regular Poster

Post by RobertBlake »

I was going to play with my mice tonight and found one of them dead. That's all I got to say about that.

Rkolter

Post by Rkolter »

legostargalactica wrote:
rkolter wrote:So, I call Lego. He's in the middle of a birthday party for his girlfriend.
well seeing as last time you called me it was in an attempt to mess with people it's kinda hard to sit on the phone with you. see what happens when you cry wolf.
Crying wolf is when you get someone to work with you under the false pretense that there is an immediate need for their assistance. I am pretty sure I would recall doing that. The last time I called you I did so on accident but turned it into a joke and a conversation. This time I immediately said something akin to "Wow, wish her a happy birthday, let me get off the phone with you right now, I was just calling to chat."

So, did you pick a poor choice of words, is one of us being emo, or do we have some kind of issue to resolve?
Last edited by Rkolter on Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image ImageImage

K-Dawg
I wanna LIVE

Post by K-Dawg »

Everything is mostly blah right now, i'm out.

Shocking news Angry D. Monkey