Alter Egos 11: The Way I Are.
- Jesusabdullah
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 1993
- Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:11 pm
- Location: The Frigid Northern Wastes.
- Contact:
Re: Alter Egos 11: The Way I Are.
I agree with Robby, to a point. I mean, it's somewhat comparable to any other mild-to-medium grade drug. It might feel like, "yeah, that's living," but that doesn't really mean that standing outside breathing in smoke is objectively a good way to spend ones time. Similarly with getting drunk, stoned, or whatever.
- Dreamaniaccomic
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 1096
- Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:17 am
- Location: In my head.
- Contact:
Re: Alter Egos 11: The Way I Are.
[headdesk] O.K. I get it. I shouldn't have gone all bitchy about ciggarettes. I'm sorry. Really. I've been sticking my foot in my mouth lately, and this is just me breaking down a bit. Sorry to bother all of you
[/headdesk]
Still waiting to see whether any of this will actually help, but I have a good feeling about it.
Sending my thoughts to your parents and friends, Lego and Nanda.
Can I still talk about cancer, though? My mom is going through chemo again since a resurgence in her cancer, and we've also started this new diet which supposedly helps prevent cancer. It's alot of Asian cuisine, rice and boiled meats, boiled veggies and fruits, some new spices, as well as the complete removal of almost all non-organic foods from the house. Mom is also starting a series of acupuncture treatments. Go, alternative methods of cancer prevention/elimination!Dr Legostar wrote:She's doing okay, and luckily my mom-in-law didn't have anything in her lymph nodes so it looks like she won't have to deal with chemo.Nanda wrote: I can only imagine what you're going through. Moms are a whole different thing...
Still waiting to see whether any of this will actually help, but I have a good feeling about it.
Sending my thoughts to your parents and friends, Lego and Nanda.
Dreamaniac
Has a thing for bandannas...
Has a thing for bandannas...
- Joel Fagin
- nothos adrisor (GTC)
- Posts: 6014
- Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:15 am
- Location: City of Lights
- Contact:
Re: Alter Egos 11: The Way I Are.
I've never heard anyone say it was fun. Calms your nerves, yes. Addictive, absolutly. Something for your hands to do, sure. Cool looking? Maybe. Not fun, though.Killbert-Robby wrote:Yeah, and to smokers, it is enjoyable.
I'm not arguing about smoking here, mind. I just thought the "it's living" point was weak.
- Joel Fagin
Re: Alter Egos 11: The Way I Are.
I think Cancer falls into the livejournal thread's territory, or even its own thread, but not really so much in the post a picture of yourself thread. But what do I know, I am a Cancer.
I get really peeved by the whole "who cares about your mid 90s anyway" crap, though. Srsly. If you aren't one of the lucky "invincible" smokers, pieces start falling off of you at 30, if not before. And if you die from smoking at 89, odds are your sixties - eighties weren't anywhere near as livable as they would have been. Sex with gold-diggers? No, eating through a tube.</unfounded diatribe>
I get really peeved by the whole "who cares about your mid 90s anyway" crap, though. Srsly. If you aren't one of the lucky "invincible" smokers, pieces start falling off of you at 30, if not before. And if you die from smoking at 89, odds are your sixties - eighties weren't anywhere near as livable as they would have been. Sex with gold-diggers? No, eating through a tube.</unfounded diatribe>
- McDuffies
- Bob was here (Moderator)

- Posts: 29957
- Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
- Location: Serbia
- Contact:
Re: Alter Egos 11: The Way I Are.
Not being a smoker I didn't care, but it did bother me a lot when earlier you did the same thing when I was talking about coffee. Dude, I'm twelve years older than you and made my life choices long ago. I know what's bad for me, and if I'm still doing it, that's my business and noone else's.Dreamaniaccomic wrote: O.K. I get it. I shouldn't have gone all bitchy about ciggarettes. I'm sorry. Really. I've been sticking my foot in my mouth lately, and this is just me breaking down a bit. Sorry to bother all of you![]()
I don't know, to me it's an extremely weak point to base your arguements on the fact that noone to your knowledge described smoking as "fun". I've heard it being described as "enjoyable", "tasty", "making me feel good..." I'm not a smoker, but I sometimes tend to do things that are enjoyable, tasty and making me feel good even though they're not exactly good for me and even though they're not exactly a prime time entertainment.Joel Fagin wrote:I've never heard anyone say it was fun. Calms your nerves, yes. Addictive, absolutly. Something for your hands to do, sure. Cool looking? Maybe. Not fun, though.Killbert-Robby wrote:Yeah, and to smokers, it is enjoyable.
I'm not arguing about smoking here, mind. I just thought the "it's living" point was weak.
Human experience is subjective. No non-smoker can understand what smokers are finding in it. Well duh! If they did, they wouldn't be freaking non-smokers!
- Killbert-Robby
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 6876
- Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:28 am
- Location: in the butt
- Prettysenshi
- Bork Bork Bork
- Posts: 2269
- Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:23 am
- Location: Anywhere else but here....
- Contact:
Re: Alter Egos 11: The Way I Are.
I think this thread needs more pictures, you?Killbert-Robby wrote:Never posting a picture with a cigarette in my mouth ever again

My friend took me by surprise and tried to take my picture! Awkward smiles time!
- Phact0rri
- The Establishment (Moderator)

- Posts: 5772
- Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:04 pm
- Location: ????
- Contact:
Re: Alter Egos 11: The Way I Are.
People 'enjoy' smoking. most every smoker you talk to will say yes they enjoy it. So maybe its not like dancing in a 'club' fun. or whatever, but its enjoyable for many reasons. I personally like to take a break from drawing or writing sime music or what ever, and have a cigarette. Ponder on where things are going, and just think about things. I've tried to do it without a cigarette and it doesn't really give off the same satisfaction.Joel Fagin wrote:I've never heard anyone say it was fun. Calms your nerves, yes. Addictive, absolutly. Something for your hands to do, sure. Cool looking? Maybe. Not fun, though.Killbert-Robby wrote:Yeah, and to smokers, it is enjoyable.
I'm not arguing about smoking here, mind. I just thought the "it's living" point was weak.
- Joel Fagin
Like wise being out with some friends and stepping outside the pub smoking and talking to one another... thats nice to. Sure it might not be everyone's idea of fun... just like drinking a pint is not everyones idea of fun. But its is an enjoyment... and most smokers will agree.
Re: Alter Egos 11: The Way I Are.
Seriously. Holy shit soapbox. :/Killbert-Robby wrote:Never posting a picture with a cigarette in my mouth ever again
Caught in the headlamp glare of your own blinding vanity/Mesmerised by the stare of your shallow personality
Gorging the junk food of flattery you drag your fat ego around/Everyone floored by the battering you give to whoever's around
Oh Narcissus you petulant child admiring yourself in the curve of my eyes/Oh Narcissus you angel beguiled unsated by self you do nothing but die
Gorging the junk food of flattery you drag your fat ego around/Everyone floored by the battering you give to whoever's around
Oh Narcissus you petulant child admiring yourself in the curve of my eyes/Oh Narcissus you angel beguiled unsated by self you do nothing but die
- McDuffies
- Bob was here (Moderator)

- Posts: 29957
- Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
- Location: Serbia
- Contact:
Re: Alter Egos 11: The Way I Are.
If someone doesn't post a picture of himself sticking a needle in his vein now, that will be a big letdown.
- Phact0rri
- The Establishment (Moderator)

- Posts: 5772
- Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:04 pm
- Location: ????
- Contact:
Re: Alter Egos 11: The Way I Are.
McDuffies wrote:If someone doesn't post a picture of himself sticking a needle in his vein now, that will be a big letdown.

- [AlmightyPyro]
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 5339
- Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:12 pm
- Location: noitacoL
Re: Alter Egos 11: The Way I Are.
Yeah, totally depressing topic.Dotty wrote:Seriously. Holy shit soapbox. :/Killbert-Robby wrote:Never posting a picture with a cigarette in my mouth ever again
I'm glad 90's style forum signatures don't exist anymore.
Re: Alter Egos 11: The Way I Are.
Scorpions exist?Phact0rri wrote:McDuffies wrote:If someone doesn't post a picture of himself sticking a needle in his vein now, that will be a big letdown.
- CaptainClaude
- Witty British President
- Posts: 5647
- Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:50 am
- Location: SITTING ON A BOMB IN A GREENHOUSE.
- Contact:
- BrownEyedCat
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 1848
- Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2002 11:24 pm
- Location: Lurking in the Corners
- Contact:
Re: Alter Egos 11: The Way I Are.
Is it weird that I am more disturbed that someone would choose to get a scorpion tattooed on his pec than I am that he'd be injecting a needle into his arm? Even if that needle contained heroin?
- LibertyCabbage
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 4667
- Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:08 pm
- Location: bat country
- Contact:
Re: Alter Egos 11: The Way I Are.
Maybe he gets off on shooting up scorpion venom.BrownEyedCat wrote:Is it weird that I am more disturbed that someone would choose to get a scorpion tattooed on his pec than I am that he'd be injecting a needle into his arm? Even if that needle contained heroin?
- Dreamaniaccomic
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 1096
- Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:17 am
- Location: In my head.
- Contact:
Re: Alter Egos 11: The Way I Are.
I think you have a very natural and good-looking smile.Prettysenshi wrote:I think this thread needs more pictures, you?Killbert-Robby wrote:Never posting a picture with a cigarette in my mouth ever again
My friend took me by surprise and tried to take my picture! Awkward smiles time!
But that might just be me.
Dreamaniac
Has a thing for bandannas...
Has a thing for bandannas...
- Prettysenshi
- Bork Bork Bork
- Posts: 2269
- Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:23 am
- Location: Anywhere else but here....
- Contact:
Re: Alter Egos 11: The Way I Are.
Why thank yous! I try.
Well, not really. Believe it or not, it took me years to be comfortable enough with myself to express my happiness. I think my smiles are a testament to that.
Well, not really. Believe it or not, it took me years to be comfortable enough with myself to express my happiness. I think my smiles are a testament to that.
- McDuffies
- Bob was here (Moderator)

- Posts: 29957
- Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
- Location: Serbia
- Contact:
Re: Alter Egos 11: The Way I Are.
Nipples are too sensitive to be tatooed over.BrownEyedCat wrote:Is it weird that I am more disturbed that someone would choose to get a scorpion tattooed on his pec than I am that he'd be injecting a needle into his arm? Even if that needle contained heroin?
Re: Alter Egos 11: The Way I Are.
A friend had a costume birthday party. I dressed up like a little kid at bed time(I had a stuffed toy and painted on freckles and such). We played SingStar all night, twas awesome! This is from me singing "I want to know what love is"

intense

intense













