The comic discussion thread

A discussion area for readers, fans and haters of Plugged Nickel, chiefly comic and character-related.

Postby Mogman1 on Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:09 pm

I LOVE those alien guys from Sesame Street! They were my favorite!
Mogman1
Regular Poster

Postby Shadowthunder on Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:00 pm

Nice. Get away while blaming Choclate. Covers himself and Vanilla.
Shadowthunder
Regular Poster

Postby Sage25 on Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:48 am

psst! Shes missing her stripes on her arms and legs! :P
Naw man i love it-- thanks a lot-- oh and i check your comic daily-- even when its not suposed to be updated-- maybe i am that bored or maybe you're just a cool guy and i like to see if you've done anything ^_^ maybe a bit of both ^___^

Anywho now i feel like i owe you again... dang this cycle will never end...
Sage25

Postby Ronald_MacK on Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:15 pm

Sage, you totally don't owe me. You've done like 5 things for me, and this is the first I've done for just you. And I forgot her arm and leg stripes, so it's half of one. The only reason I didn't make you a comic was I couldn't think of anything funny.
Ronald_MacK
Regular Poster

Postby Sage25 on Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:01 pm

Pfft-- saying i dont owe you means i totally do-- its like the webcomic code man-- anyways-- drawing Vanillia in sexy poses is fun...
Sage25

Postby Ronald_MacK on Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:06 pm

Then endulge yourself all you want. :lol:
Ronald_MacK
Regular Poster

Postby Shadowthunder on Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:12 pm

Ouch....the cover page hurt my eyes....oh and what does it say in the bottom right corner?
Shadowthunder
Regular Poster

Postby KChasm on Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:31 pm

Awesome, a new story! I thought it would be filler forever. Miles and miles of filler. An endless stream of filler, rushing from sea to shining sea, under Arizona sky and St. Louis Arch. Interestingly, the dome is the three-dimensional application of an arch. The early Inuit...

Wait, wait, wait... *reshuffles notes* Okay, where was I?

Right, filler bad, story good, yadda-yadda-yadda. I must say, though, that while I love the pixel effect you've got, the colors kill me. Twice. I'm talking death of a ghost, here. I'm no color expert, but still.

Also: the font. While I love which...what was the word? Typeface...you used, it's really, really hard to read. Not the title, I can read the title just fine. Just the middle and bottom subtitles, which are...really, really bad on the eyes. I love how it looks, sort of, but it hurts my eyes. That light grey really fades into the colors and the dots, see.

Ouch, I must seem like a jerk. Sorry, I didn't mean to. See, I swore that once the new story started, I'd be up here in forumville, shouting yippee-skippy to the news of the toonage. Because, see, I love your comic. And the way you draw. I also like changing my cell phone's camera to negative and staring at people, though, so nobody really takes my opinion without a grai^H^H^H^Hmountain of salt. Well, que sera sera and all that. Or is it "que será será"? Or does the line go in the "que"? Hnnn...never mind.

And I think it says "sooner or later there". And then, below it, "must be another kiss".

Wait! Oh, yebat, I've taken up so much time yodelling, I totally forgot to make with the who's-there/what's-that. So. Big, yellow...dog. Girl dog, I'm pretty sure. I don't think that's a new character, though it's a bit hard to tell...wait, I know who that is, she's the nice smitten lady Batcroft saved! Am I right? Do I get a biscuit? She doesn't look the same as a profile, yus, that's why I didn't see it at first.

P.S. While I'm here, could one of you gents tell me what's with the updating thingy? I'd go to the comicgenesis forums and search for an hour, but I actually can't find them. Yeah, honest. I'm a bit of a...missing things...with my eyes.

Yes.
KChasm

Postby Ronald_MacK on Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:49 pm

Yeah, some folks don't seem to like the colours. But the grey fonts are supposed to be hard to read. You could call it sublety... or sadism.

I have no idea what that updatey thing you're talking about is.
Ronald_MacK
Regular Poster

Postby Shadowthunder on Mon May 01, 2006 2:46 pm

hehe.....banana boat....
Shadowthunder
Regular Poster

Postby Pinkard on Mon May 15, 2006 3:06 am

lol so liek i havent read em all but i read teh mostreccent oens and teh first ones. :P do i really gotta read the middle? XD well i liek what i see its teh funneh XD
Pinkard

Postby Ronald_MacK on Mon May 15, 2006 8:48 am

Well, I'd recommend starting from the beginning of Chapter one myself, frankly I'm glad you're reading it at all so do so however you wish! Thanks a lot for taking the time to read 'em and tell me that you liked them, it means a lot.
Ronald_MacK
Regular Poster

Postby Pinkard on Mon May 15, 2006 9:35 am

np! i read the first chapter a while back but then i got lost in the internets lawlz and now ive read teh reccent XD now i gotta fill in teh gaps :P

and no prob. its spiffily written :D
Pinkard

Ungh?

Postby Mogman1 on Mon May 22, 2006 7:30 pm

I swear it's like he's trying to communicate, but it's a language unlike any other!

I'm way excited about the new story arc, and time spent with Grandmother is never time wasted. Out of curiousity, which of the jobs is finished? Is that the court witness thing?
Mogman1
Regular Poster

Postby Ronald_MacK on Mon May 22, 2006 7:45 pm

Well, the witness at court wasn't so much a job as a civic obligation which could have seen me facing serious fines had I not shown up. I finished my work for Statistics Canada, and now I'm just working at a grocery store.
Ronald_MacK
Regular Poster

Postby Mogman1 on Fri May 26, 2006 4:18 pm

Ahh. Well, I wasn't sure how you were defining the word "job". I think I'd also classify judicial work like that under "civic responsibility" as well, but ya' never know.
Mogman1
Regular Poster

Postby Mogman1 on Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:00 pm

I'm trying to remember, was Harley also the girl who was running the coat check-in booth at the bar way back when? Or was she just the tux-rental girl?

Also, the accusation "You guys are butts!" cracks me up for some reason. I think I might start using it! :)
Mogman1
Regular Poster

Postby Ronald_MacK on Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:14 am

mogman1 wrote:I'm trying to remember, was Harley also the girl who was running the coat check-in booth at the bar way back when? Or was she just the tux-rental girl?

Also, the accusation "You guys are butts!" cracks me up for some reason. I think I might start using it! :)
Indeed she is the same gal. She was used mainly in the coat check just because she was a new deisgn for me, but I liked it so much I had to use here again for this part of the story. So I figured that a coat check girl probably only did it part-time on busy nights, and gave her a more regular job.

And I'm glad you liked the butts thing. I wanted her to say something that was emant as an insult, but was too cute to be really insulting, but not too cute to be immature. Poops and ass were considered.
Ronald_MacK
Regular Poster

Postby Shadowthunder on Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:44 am

NO! DONT BE A HERO MYCROFT!!!! D:
Shadowthunder
Regular Poster

Postby Genecatlow on Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:38 am

Hey, waitaminnit... what's with "Highlights for Children" being read in your comic? O_O
Genecatlow
Cartoon Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Plugged Nickel