My trip to Ann Arbor

The happening place to be. Unless you go somewhere else that's more stimulating.

Re: My trip to Ann Arbor

Postby Bloodied Fox on Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:22 pm

Dear lord, I am both disturbed and aroused. I need professional help D:
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...
Bloodied Fox
Regular Poster

Postby Hungrywolf on Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:26 pm

*facepalm*

I'm speechless.
Hungrywolf
Regular Poster

Location: Living the sweet life out in Southern California's beautiful San Fernando Valley!

Postby Pravus on Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:29 pm

Just.......a devil gained it's wings...
Pravus
Cartoon Hero

Postby Hungrywolf on Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:54 pm

Okay I may of overreacted...

Cause somewhere out there, there has to be something 10 times worse... not that I'm saying that was awful in any way...

NO COMMENT.
Hungrywolf
Regular Poster

Location: Living the sweet life out in Southern California's beautiful San Fernando Valley!

Postby TheSuburbanLetdown on Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:29 pm

ShannC wrote:
Paul Escobar wrote:
ShannC wrote:What the heck is that avatar. Hobbes kissing hobbes? Blasphemy!

Seriously. What the fucking fuck. Where is that from? And will I regret asking?

Fucking hell. I found the source! Don't watch if you're not already completely dead inside.
http://rule34.paheal.net/post/view/89712?search=hobbes

Oh, fuck you internet!

Even if that's pretty bad, the site is shock full of things that's a whole lot worse. Enter at your own peril. :shifty:

OH MY GOD THAT'S WHAT IT'S FROM!? WHAT I'M I DOING USING THIS AVATAR!?
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value

Postby Pravus on Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:29 pm

You're fucked :P
Pravus
Cartoon Hero

Postby TheSuburbanLetdown on Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:34 pm

Yeah, I yoinked it from someone and thought it was a standalone image made for fun. I'll think of something new and use that instead.
TheSuburbanLetdown

Postby Pravus on Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:48 pm

This should be good....
Pravus
Cartoon Hero

Postby Hungrywolf on Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:53 pm

Pravus wrote:This should be good....

You mean this should get better.

I still like that avatar though. But if you feel uncomfortable by it, then yeah change it.
Hungrywolf
Regular Poster

Postby Paul Escobar on Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:05 am

ShannC wrote:Speaking of which, I'm thinking about starting a Euro meeting for people who like "End of things".

I know 4 people who'd join probably. Two of them don't yet know they like this comic but that could be remedied.
(This is an internal joke not everyone will get; although it's definately an idea)

I'm game, that's a cool idea. We should try to get Xander and MrTosser to attend as well. It'd be (almost) all the old gang then.

ShannC wrote:Fucking hell. I found the source! Don't watch if you're not already completely dead inside.
http://rule34.paheal.net/post/view/89712?search=hobbes

Oh, fuck you internet!

Even if that's pretty bad, the site is shock full of things that's a whole lot worse. Enter at your own peril. :shifty:

You were so horrified you made it into an avatar?

I'm vaguely disturbed because it's Calvin & Hobbes, but yeah, that's mild compared to what's on the index page of that site... atrocity tourism at its finest. Where's the "barf" smiley when you need it?
Paul Escobar
Cartoon Hero

Postby ShannC on Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:03 am

Paul Escobar wrote:I'm game, that's a cool idea. We should try to get Xander and MrTosser to attend as well. It'd be (almost) all the old gang then.

Yeah, the reason I'd suggest Copenhagen and not Amsterdam is because it' pretty late already, and you and Tosser are already in place. Maybe not the most interesting place to go for you obviously but, it's convenient and we're bound to cross some places that some already know anyway. It's also a pretty easy trip for me, and not that far for Xander I guess. For BF it's not much of an improvement though.

Paul Escobar wrote:You were so horrified you made it into an avatar?

I'm vaguely disturbed because it's Calvin & Hobbes, but yeah, that's mild compared to what's on the index page of that site... atrocity tourism at its finest. Where's the "barf" smiley when you need it?

Well. I was just fashionably outraged. I've been on the internet a little too long to be really surprised. Was it really neccesairy to do this to Calvin and Hobbes though? I mean, I don't care about Alvin and the chipmuncs, Rescue rangers, gummi bears and all that crap, just..
ShannC
Regular Poster

Postby Paul Escobar on Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:27 am

ShannC wrote:
Paul Escobar wrote:I'm game, that's a cool idea. We should try to get Xander and MrTosser to attend as well. It'd be (almost) all the old gang then.

Yeah, the reason I'd suggest Copenhagen and not Amsterdam is because it' pretty late already, and you and Tosser are already in place. Maybe not the most interesting place to go for you obviously but, it's convenient and we're bound to cross some places that some already know anyway. It's also a pretty easy trip for me, and not that far for Xander I guess. For BF it's not much of an improvement though.

I'm not in place anymore; I moved to Berlin a few months ago (hence the location underneath my avatar). But I plan on visiting Copenhagen once in a while as I have friends and family there, so it can be combined.

For the record, I'm willing to go pretty much anywhere. So Amsterdam's a possibility, too. Or Budapest or Lisbon or wherever.

ShannC wrote:Well. I was just fashionably outraged. I've been on the internet a little too long to be really surprised. Was it really neccesairy to do this to Calvin and Hobbes though? I mean, I don't care about Alvin and the chipmuncs, Rescue rangers, gummi bears and all that crap, just..

Yeah, that's my reaction as well. Most of this Rule 34 stuff doesn't bother me, but I've come across some seriously wrong shit out there on the internet...
Paul Escobar
Cartoon Hero

Postby ShannC on Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:49 am

Oh Berlin? I'm still thinking about our prospects of seeing Mr. Tosser though. Maybe if he'll go to Amsterdam too.. Let's think about it....
Last edited by ShannC on Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
ShannC
Regular Poster

Postby Yeahduff on Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:03 am

theSuburbanLetdown wrote:Yeah, I yoinked it from someone and thought it was a standalone image made for fun. I'll think of something new and use that instead.

You need to hit the hentai sites first?
I won't be the stars in your dark night.
Yeahduff
Resident Stoic (Moderator)

Postby ShannC on Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:16 am

yeahduff wrote:
theSuburbanLetdown wrote:Yeah, I yoinked it from someone and thought it was a standalone image made for fun. I'll think of something new and use that instead.

You need to hit the hentai sites first?

Somehow I have the feeling he based that Ted character on you. :)
ShannC
Regular Poster

Postby TheSuburbanLetdown on Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:21 am

Heh, nope. And I will no longer answer any questions about who is based on who.
TheSuburbanLetdown

Postby Pravus on Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:32 pm

Heh, i think this comic put me in my place for my writing class a little...now to start writiing
Pravus
Cartoon Hero

Postby Paul Escobar on Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:53 am

ShannC wrote:Oh Berlin? I'm still thinking about our prospects of seeing Mr. Tosser though. Maybe if he'll go to Amsterdam too.. Let's think about it....

I spoke with Mr. T yesterday - he's game for an End of Things Con in Copenhagen. So am I. What do you and BF say?
Paul Escobar
Cartoon Hero

Postby Bloodied Fox on Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:57 am

Sadly I don't think I can afford to do anything this summer. Going to New York in July with my fiancé as it has the nearest UK embassy to him that handles immigration visas and with flights and hotel still to book, I don't think I can stretch that far that soon afterwards. It sucks cause I really enjoy hanging out with you guys and it'll make it over two years since Mr T and I caught up. If you know any insanely cheap deals I'd love to hear them though :D
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...
Bloodied Fox
Regular Poster

Postby TheSuburbanLetdown on Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:08 am

I'm glad things are still going strong with you and locke. I really am.
TheSuburbanLetdown

PreviousNext

Return to End of Things, The