Wii demand satisfaction

The happening place to be. Unless you go somewhere else that's more stimulating.

Re: Wii demand satisfaction

Postby Hungrywolf on Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:26 pm

Hungrywolf
Regular Poster

Location: Living the sweet life out in Southern California's beautiful San Fernando Valley!

Postby Hungrywolf on Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:09 am

Hungrywolf
Regular Poster

Location: Living the sweet life out in Southern California's beautiful San Fernando Valley!

Postby ShannC on Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:27 am

Silly Wolf. Nintendo DS's are for kids.

Quietly sneaks off to play Fire Emblem on the GBA.
ShannC
Regular Poster

Postby Pravus on Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:57 pm

So to be innovative...they take most of the ideas from the PSP that they said were "stupid" and put it on their own console, which I will include the camera with because I believe it is in Japan, AND take away the GBA slot? Isn't that was Microsoft is supposed to do? :P
Pravus
Cartoon Hero

Postby Hungrywolf on Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:14 pm

Well to be fair to Nintendo, they never said those things were "stupid". It was just a position, well until now, that they didn't want to go the DS, mostly over pirating concerns. Also the sales of PSPs' in Japan have cut into their own DS sales, so it was only about time till they came out with something. Plus I don't see anything wrong bringing the both of two worlds. The robust media features and processing power of the PSP, with the inventive fun game play of the DS. It might be a backwards stance from Nintendo to copy Sony, but every company does it.

Taking the GBA slot is a mixed issued. On one hand it will come with a hard drive built in to support downloaded games. Such as GBA games, etc. On the other hand is that you'll have to buy those games again. Which is bullocks if you have a large collection of quality games. Sad as that might be, it's the way everyone is going with backwards compatibility. Welcome to the digital distribution age.

In the end if you're not into the upgrades, you don't need to buy one. At least for a while.
Hungrywolf
Regular Poster

Postby Pravus on Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:19 pm

I would buy it if the graphics improved, but it sounds like they did not. What really annoys me about Nintendo is how they're really turning into Sony, which Nintendo is not. Nintendo is a gaming company first and foremost, not a company for the mass public. If there were cooler games, I would buy it, and I may even take out my dusty DS original to play GTA CTW, but that seems to be the only one to be worth it. To me, it really seems like the hype is taking over, same as the Wii, and has not lived up to it's potential...
Pravus
Cartoon Hero

Postby Hungrywolf on Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:42 pm

No the graphics processor is the same as the current DS. But again as I said, if you don't like the upgrades you don't have to buy. But if you want to play new DSi games you'll have to though.
Hungrywolf
Regular Poster

Postby Pravus on Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:13 pm

Wait, are you saying that DSi games are different? How cheap is that...
Pravus
Cartoon Hero

Postby Hungrywolf on Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:02 pm

Well I should of said DSi software. Which you'll most likely download. Games that probably will make use of the camera and audio support functions. Which sounds pretty cool. But there will be still DS games made using the standard DS Card format. That I'm sure of, I hope.
Hungrywolf
Regular Poster

Postby Pravus on Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:10 pm

So, basically, if you like the DS, and you want to play DS games still, you have to get the new DS? That's just....geez...
Pravus
Cartoon Hero

Postby Hungrywolf on Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:16 pm

Or you could just use your already owned DS and not buy anything.

As much as it looks cool to have those functions that are going to be added on, it's not a necessary buy. It's just branching out to another segment of the market. Nintendo is a business first. Right now the saturation rate of the Nintendo DS in Japan are at a high level, so high, that they can't possibly sell any more DS's to keep up with Sony. So the solution, a new DS. This is mostly a Japanese economic move if you think about it. Which is even more evident in why they're waiting till late 2009 to release it here. Sales of the DS lite in the US are very strong and the saturation rate much lower, all the more reason to put it on hold.

So again, if you want a DS with a camera, media functions, downloadable games, then sure get it. But if not, you're regular DS lite will just be fine.

I think one of the coolest game announcement of the conferences would be "Punch Out." Not a Virtual Console release, but an actual remake of the classic game.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/40745.html
Hungrywolf
Regular Poster

Postby Pravus on Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:18 am

Still doesn't make up for Nintendo selling their fans out, I think...
Pravus
Cartoon Hero

Postby Hungrywolf on Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:36 pm

I think the one game I would srs think about buying a console for would be Little Big Planet.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/40991.html

I don't think I can explain it really or even myself believe how I game like that could exist. But it does, and it's awesome.
Hungrywolf
Regular Poster

Postby TheSuburbanLetdown on Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:26 pm

I am currently playing the remake of Final Fantasy IV on the DS. It's quite fun.

When things get convoluted and ridiculous, you must start from the beginning. Awesome. And the box art is so old-school.
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value

Postby Hungrywolf on Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:42 pm

And hard. Very very hard. Probably not Mega Man 2 hard, but what is.

TheSuburbanLetdown wrote:I am currently playing the remake of Final Fantasy IV on the DS. It's quite fun.

I'd hurry with that you night owl, Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia is out the 21st. Hopefully I'll be able to get a copy myself.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/41434.html
Hungrywolf
Regular Poster

Previous

Return to End of Things, The