Dangerball...?

The happening place to be. Unless you go somewhere else that's more stimulating.
User avatar
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Posts: 16399
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:34 am
Location: It's equally probable that I'm everywhere.
Contact:

Dangerball...?

Post by Rkolter »

PAL, they're playing Dangerball! *flashback to cookout* :D
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"

User avatar
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value
Posts: 12714
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: explod

Post by TheSuburbanLetdown »

HA HA! Oh yeah, I see that now!

They're actually playing a more dangerous version called "Super Bastard Ball." You stand in a room with several people, whip a super ball, and try not to get hit. If you get hit you loose.

Actually, we only played it once because someone had a super ball they got from Kroger. And the game didn't have a name, I just called it that because it sounds funny. It's too painful to play on a regular basis.
Image

User avatar
Bloodied Fox
Regular Poster
Posts: 705
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:24 am
Location: Jolly Old England

Post by Bloodied Fox »

I'm having Australian Rules Indoor Quidditch flashbacks with this one...
Image
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...

User avatar
Karl Falcon
Regular Poster
Posts: 105
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:57 am
Location: The cold, white- er.. sunny, green Northeast PA

Post by Karl Falcon »

Ah, but for it to be a proper A.R.I.Q. match they'd have to shut off the lights.

User avatar
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Posts: 16399
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:34 am
Location: It's equally probable that I'm everywhere.
Contact:

Post by Rkolter »

Dangerball uses a 5 pound superball six inches in diameter...
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"

User avatar
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value
Posts: 12714
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: explod

Post by TheSuburbanLetdown »

Where the hell did you get a ball that huge anyway?

I play real Quidditch by the way. Let me get my broom.
Image

User avatar
JTigerclaw
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1844
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:33 am
Location: Continuing the hearty tradition of pwnage.
Contact:

Post by JTigerclaw »

I necroed this thread to say...

Dangerball is unhealthy for my sternum, as well as other bones. (and I didn't even think about the resemblance of this game and Dangerball, but come to think of it, they are pretty similar... sorta)

Still, I can't wait to do it again. I'll be practicing my footwork for the next game. ;)
Image
Awesome avatar done by Nervous Spy

User avatar
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value
Posts: 12714
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: explod

Post by TheSuburbanLetdown »

You got hit in the sternum? I missed that somehow. It probably happend when you all were attacking THE ICE CREAM MAN! I DIDN'T GET ANY ICE CREAM BECAUSE I DIDN'T NOTICE! YOU BASTARDS AND YOUR FUCKING POPSICLES!
Image

User avatar
JTigerclaw
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1844
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:33 am
Location: Continuing the hearty tradition of pwnage.
Contact:

Post by JTigerclaw »

Nah, it didn't happen during that time because I was one of the ones who attacked the ice cream truck. But how did you miss it? It was right after the group picture on the playground was taken.

I think I got either a Ninja Turtle popsicle or a Spongebob one.

And yeah, I made a comic on Cortland's Cookout Jam Comic thingy about Kolter hitting me in the sternum with the dangerball, but nobody was really safe from Kolter's wrath. I just got the worst of it because I make funny noises when I am bodily damaged.
Image
Awesome avatar done by Nervous Spy

User avatar
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value
Posts: 12714
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: explod

Post by TheSuburbanLetdown »

Damn, I went back inside because it was hot.

Heh, you make funny noise.....

*poke*
Image

User avatar
JTigerclaw
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1844
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:33 am
Location: Continuing the hearty tradition of pwnage.
Contact:

Post by JTigerclaw »

FLOOO!!!


Hey, stop that! :x
Image
Awesome avatar done by Nervous Spy

User avatar
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value
Posts: 12714
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: explod

Post by TheSuburbanLetdown »

....flooo? Have you been reading Usagi Yojimbo?
Image

User avatar
JTigerclaw
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1844
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:33 am
Location: Continuing the hearty tradition of pwnage.
Contact:

Post by JTigerclaw »

I don't even know what that is, actually...
Image
Awesome avatar done by Nervous Spy

User avatar
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value
Posts: 12714
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: explod

Post by TheSuburbanLetdown »

It's an awesome comic series. Several people make the sound "floo" when they get killed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usagi_Yojimbo
Image

User avatar
JTigerclaw
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1844
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:33 am
Location: Continuing the hearty tradition of pwnage.
Contact:

Post by JTigerclaw »

Oooh, now this looks like something I should check out. :D
Image
Awesome avatar done by Nervous Spy

User avatar
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value
Posts: 12714
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: explod

Post by TheSuburbanLetdown »

Do it. It rocks.
Image

User avatar
Col
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 5089
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:40 am
Location: Uncertainty
Contact:

Post by Col »

I can't believe you've never heard of Usagi Yojimbo.

User avatar
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value
Posts: 12714
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: explod

Post by TheSuburbanLetdown »

I'm kinda surprised too.

I got Stan Sakai to sign my Art of Usagi book, and he drew a pic in it.
Image

User avatar
Col
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 5089
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:40 am
Location: Uncertainty
Contact:

Post by Col »

Wow, nice! :o Scan that sucker sometime!

User avatar
JTigerclaw
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1844
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:33 am
Location: Continuing the hearty tradition of pwnage.
Contact:

Post by JTigerclaw »

Ooooh, was that the book you showed me at AC? The one that you got signed? (I recognize the name Stan Sakai)

Yeah I'm weird like that. Something about Japanese sounding names makes me not remember them at all.
Image
Awesome avatar done by Nervous Spy

Post Reply