Random thought for the day

The happening place to be. Unless you go somewhere else that's more stimulating.
Redcrow
Regular Poster

Re: Random thought for the day

Post by Redcrow »

Hungrywolf wrote:Well, at least it's better than the tired and true fierce angry black man, or the other not so refreshing African American "character types" portrayed in usual modern media(TV, Movies, Commercials, etc.).
Absolutely.

Unfornately, black tv characters often are still clowns, and in the movies hoodlums.
Pravus wrote:Aw, and I thought they were trying to attract white rappers :p.
Unforseen benefit.

PortableNuke
Regular Poster

Post by PortableNuke »

Redcrow wrote:So now that Obama is elected, a lot of video and printed ads seem to be using a slender middle-aged man of African descent. I think what this all means is that the Advertising Industry is banking on there being a positive association in the average consurmer's mind with this character type.
I'm sure ad agencies will probably cash in on Oboma winning the election, but commercials were trending that way before Oboma. And yes, it seems to be centered around Dennis Haysbert.

TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value

Post by TheSuburbanLetdown »

If you skip ahead to about 5:48 seconds, you will see Dr. Weird and hear a snare drum. At about 6:00, you will see a gray dog playing the snare.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGqFMWhegNc

You can see more of this here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhiCzyzH6ew

Hungrywolf
Regular Poster
Location: Living the sweet life out in Southern California's beautiful San Fernando Valley!

Post by Hungrywolf »

Well I said it once, but I'll say it again, you really are a show off drummer boy.

TheSuburbanLetdown

Oh yeah, go see Bolt. It's really good.
Hungrywolf wrote:Well I said it once, but I'll say it again, you really are a show off drummer boy.
It seems so. Playing drums in a fursuit makes it funny.

ShannC
Regular Poster

Post by ShannC »

TheSuburbanLetdown wrote: You can see more of this here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhiCzyzH6ew
Awright awright awright, check this out. Give it up for B-Rabbit and M-Dogg! This is the battle you've all been waiting for.
Dog you're up next so DJ, kick that shit.

Awesome drums!

PortableNuke
Regular Poster

Post by PortableNuke »

TheSuburbanLetdown wrote:Playing drums in a fursuit makes it funny.
I've wanted to wear a rabbit suit and play drums in a music video. :) I think the flaming lips have already done that though. I know they've had Justin Timberlake in a dolphin suit playing bass, and nothing I've done has gotten big enough to warrant a video.

TheSuburbanLetdown

PortableNuke wrote:
TheSuburbanLetdown wrote:Playing drums in a fursuit makes it funny.
I've wanted to wear a rabbit suit and play drums in a music video. :) I think the flaming lips have already done that though. I know they've had Justin Timberlake in a dolphin suit playing bass, and nothing I've done has gotten big enough to warrant a video.
Ha ha, that's be awesome! I know a guy that plays the keyboard in his tiger suit.

I may have said it before, I dunno, but I know John Mayer has a bear suit and plays in it sometimes.

Bloodied Fox
Regular Poster

Post by Bloodied Fox »

Bizarre, yet strangely awesome
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...

Hungrywolf
Regular Poster
Location: Living the sweet life out in Southern California's beautiful San Fernando Valley!

Post by Hungrywolf »

TheSuburbanLetdown wrote:I may have said it before, I dunno, but I know John Mayer has a bear suit and plays in it sometimes.
Yes he does, yes he does.

Redcrow
Regular Poster

Post by Redcrow »

TheSuburbanLetdown wrote:If you skip ahead to about 5:48 seconds, you will see Dr. Weird and hear a snare drum. At about 6:00, you will see a gray dog playing the snare.
I hooked up my pc speakers for the first time in a year, and it took a long time to download on my shameful dialup connection, but I did really enjoy that.