Severed Ties ------->The current arc

The happening place to be. Unless you go somewhere else that's more stimulating.

Postby TheSuburbanLetdown on Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:58 pm

Karl Falcon wrote:I feel the strangest urge to re-mix that last panel. That pose is just so versatile!
Heh, go for it.

yeahduff wrote:
PeppermintAfterlife wrote:I also don't like his voice all that much.

Another matter all together.
I still can't get over his wienerness. But Crumb is kind of a wiener too, so I may give it a chance if teh opportunity comes up. I do like November Rain a lot.

yeahduff wrote:Nice page. There's absolutely nothing wrong with it. Start working on the next one.
Thanks. I did fix it when I got home from work though, so you may not have seen the tiny mistakes earlier (though my wonderful teacher will let me know where I biffed again). I have the thumbnail drawn for the next page, but obligations are threatening to steal my time tomorow. And my hand still hurts because it's stupid.
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value

Postby TheSuburbanLetdown on Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:31 am

Next page is up. I've been ill lately, so this page is kinda lousy, but it gets the idea across well enough.
TheSuburbanLetdown

Postby Bloodied Fox on Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:57 am

I wouldn't say it was lousy. I really liked Ryan's expression in the third panel
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...
Bloodied Fox
Regular Poster

Postby Gildedtongue on Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:25 pm

with that claw extended like that...

Hmmm... natural keying of cars...
Gildedtongue
Regular Poster

Postby Karl Falcon on Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:58 am

Heh. Classic.
And that is one seriously dusty car.
Karl Falcon
Regular Poster

Postby TheSuburbanLetdown on Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:29 am

If there's dust, then it must be taken advantage of. I may have to do that sometime. But I've only seen someone park like that once, so I may never get to do it.
TheSuburbanLetdown

Postby Gildedtongue on Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:36 am

Feeling dizy there, eh, Evan, could be because you never eat!

I will have to commend EoT and Chris on one major thing. Usually in comics, TV, magazines, and such, they only portray women with anorexia nervosa, but here we see a very clear case that, guess what, guys aren't immune to such psychological illnesses.

*tosses Evan a Scooby Snack*
Gildedtongue
Regular Poster

Postby TheSuburbanLetdown on Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:54 pm

Mmmm, food. I spent much of my vacation in Thailand light-headed. Ended up losing 20 lbs somehow in a few weeks.

That one panel where Evan looks up kinda bugs, me, but I was never good at drawing a dog face in that position.
TheSuburbanLetdown

Postby Yeahduff on Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:15 pm

Nah, it looks fine.
I won't be the stars in your dark night.
Yeahduff
Resident Stoic (Moderator)

Postby TheSuburbanLetdown on Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:30 am

I guess I'll move on.
TheSuburbanLetdown

Postby Col on Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:55 am

Nice page today. Even though it's not finished, I'm already impressed. Good job.
Col
Cartoon Villain

Postby Gildedtongue on Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:38 am

Final episode of Evangelion, or Serial Experiment Lain? I dunno, May, brain fuck much?

Looks good, though. Definately starting the whole moody atmosphere of the arc.
Gildedtongue
Regular Poster

Postby TheSuburbanLetdown on Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:41 am

Yeah, this one will be a little darker, but hopefully will still be funny at times. Too much gloom is annoying.

The line quality in that second panel doesn't look too hot. I knew I should've used a new nib.
Last edited by TheSuburbanLetdown on Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheSuburbanLetdown

Postby Paul Escobar on Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:20 am

I think the inking looks perfectly fine. :)

The sole little detail I'm not too fond of is how the arrow of the speech bubble in the first frame is outside the frame border. It looks... misplaced, somehow. Sorry.

BTW, it was interesting to see the pencilled version of the page first. I find those sorts of little insights into people's work methods fascinating.
Paul Escobar
Cartoon Hero

Postby TheSuburbanLetdown on Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:28 am

Thanks. I still wish I could've defined the edges better though.

Yeah, that speech bubble gave me trouble when I remembered that they live in the back of the house. I had already drawn it and said, "damn." Maybe I could just get rid of the arrow itself and just have the bubble. It's not like you can see him anyway in that panel.

I like seeing the pencils too. I was against it at first, but I figured in the interst of getting the plot moving, I should. The fact that it's neat to see is a bonus of sorts.
TheSuburbanLetdown

Postby Alaskawolf on Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:48 am

PeppermintAfterlife wrote:Mmmm, food. I spent much of my vacation in Thailand light-headed. Ended up losing 20 lbs somehow in a few weeks.

you lucky bastard, im jealous of you :P im the only one in my Family who hasnt been to Thailand :( so many relatives i have yet to meet
straight roads are for fast cars but turns and curves are for fast drivers
Alaskawolf
Regular Poster

Postby Paul Escobar on Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:22 pm

PeppermintAfterlife wrote:Yeah, that speech bubble gave me trouble when I remembered that they live in the back of the house. I had already drawn it and said, "damn." Maybe I could just get rid of the arrow itself and just have the bubble. It's not like you can see him anyway in that panel.

That's a good idea. That panel would actually work better without the arrow.
Paul Escobar
Cartoon Hero

After seeing the latest strip...

Postby Never Mayhem on Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:02 pm

Is it just me, or is Fig never, ever going to get laid... forever. *laughs* And, for some reason, this makes him even hotter. Go figure.
"I cannot read the Bible in the dark."
Never Mayhem
Regular Poster

Location: Hell, in the vestibule, instantly regreting everything

Re: After seeing the latest strip...

Postby TheSuburbanLetdown on Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:09 pm

I beefed up some of the lines and fixed a few things so it should look better now. I just got a new brush and it really needs some breaking in still; too stiff.

alaskawolf wrote:you lucky bastard, im jealous of you :P im the only one in my Family who hasnt been to Thailand :( so many relatives i have yet to meet
I've been there 4 times. It's pretty cool having relatives there because they can take you to "real" places and not just the touristy parts. Like the random eatery under a bridge somewhere that has awesome noodles.

My cousins don't speak English well, so talking to them was really, really really difficult.

Never Mayhem wrote:Is it just me, or is Fig never, ever going to get laid... forever. *laughs* And, for some reason, this makes him even hotter. Go figure.
Hee hee... he's a strange one he is.
TheSuburbanLetdown

Re: After seeing the latest strip...

Postby Paul Escobar on Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:20 pm

PeppermintAfterlife wrote:I beefed up some of the lines and fixed a few things so it should look better now. I just got a new brush and it really needs some breaking in still; too stiff.

Hey cool. I thought it looked perfectly fine as it was, but now you've worked it over, it does look better - the characters and other visual elements are better defined. It's funny actually - it's easy to find little weaknesses that need work in one's own art, while everyone else is all "don't worry, it's fine!"

And yeah, new brushes need breaking in, the naughty little bitches. I usually fill a few sheets of paper with random brush lines and doodles to loosen up a new brush.
Paul Escobar
Cartoon Hero

PreviousNext

Return to End of Things, The