Severed Ties ------->The current arc

The happening place to be. Unless you go somewhere else that's more stimulating.
Hungrywolf
Regular Poster
Location: Living the sweet life out in Southern California's beautiful San Fernando Valley!

Post by Hungrywolf »

theSuburbanLetdown wrote:Ryan is playing Symphony of the Night, and soon they're gonna play Goldeneye.
Can't beat the classics dude. Oh and I'm 23 so, cant be that old. I guess.

Pravus
Cartoon Hero

Post by Pravus »

i remember playing Golden Eye at a friends house when I was....must've been 6-8 years old....never played Symphony of the night....I heard it was a good game though

TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value

Post by TheSuburbanLetdown »

hungrywolf wrote:
theSuburbanLetdown wrote:Ryan is playing Symphony of the Night, and soon they're gonna play Goldeneye.
Can't beat the classics dude. Oh and I'm 23 so, cant be that old. I guess.
Sweet, I'm not that much older then.
Pravus wrote:i remember playing Golden Eye at a friends house when I was....must've been 6-8 years old....never played Symphony of the night....I heard it was a good game though
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is one of the best games ever made. It's one of the last 2D games on a console and regularly ranks near the top on those "greatest games ever" lists. I suggest playing it if you can. It's on the PS1 and PSP. It stars this badass:

ShannC
Regular Poster

Post by ShannC »

Heh. Just realised that my internet through the university here costs per recieved megabyte. I might have to retirate back into the world of snes roms when I want to waste time.

Shame I can't play Symphony. I really liked that game.

JTigerclaw
Cartoon Hero

Post by JTigerclaw »

Goldeneye was one of my favorite games when I was but a wee lad. One of the only first person shooters that I was actually good at.

And I can't say I've played the old Castlevania, but my roommate played through it over the course of a few nights and it looked like it would be fun to play. My attention has definitely been held by worse looking games.
Awesome avatar done by Nervous Spy

Pravus
Cartoon Hero

Post by Pravus »

Anyone have a 360?

Bloodied Fox
Regular Poster

Post by Bloodied Fox »

~puts his hand up~ Though oddly I don't use it all that much. At the moment my gaming time seems to be focused exclusively on replaying Baldur's Gate II
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...

Pravus
Cartoon Hero

Post by Pravus »

Yeah, same. I'm just playing my PSP right now; love that little piece of machinery. Anyone know if you can play Driv3r on it?

TheSuburbanLetdown

I've never touched an xbox, surprisingly.

You have a PSP? You should definitely get the Castelevania: Dracula X Chronicles if you want to try old-school gaming. Symphony of the Night and the original Rondo of Blood are unlockable features.

I don't know anything about Driv3r, unfortunately.

ShannC
Regular Poster

Post by ShannC »

Don't miss Aria of sorrow to the Gameboy Advance.

It was surprisingly good since most other GBA Castlevania games sucked.
In fact, I think that's the first good one on any handheld altogether

TheSuburbanLetdown

As for GBA, Circle of the Moon was alright. Skip Harmony of Dissonance though.

The sequel to Aria of Sorrow is on the DS, and I recommend it highly. It's called Dawn of Sorrow. You can actually get Alucard in an alternate mode.

Never Mayhem
Regular Poster
Location: Hell, in the vestibule, instantly regreting everything

Post by Never Mayhem »

Is that Alucard with a tail...!? So cute... you made him a timber wolf, right?

That infamous N64 game consumed a lot of my time, yeah... finished all the levels on 007, unlocked all the cheats, was graceful in the Circle of Death (when two players are constantly turning in a circle at close proximity while trying to kill each other) ... it'd be safe to say it was a defining title in the first person shooter genre.

And I'm sorry, but what the fuck... anyone who hasn't heard of Symphony of the Night needs to get hit really hard with a pillow, in a mean-spirited sort of way. I don't care if you're 14 or 34. Anyone I know in person who has played Castlevania has cited SofN as the essential installment, the first and last battle against the oncoming night (though Bloodlines and especially Curse of Darkness are damn near just as good).
"I cannot read the Bible in the dark."

TheSuburbanLetdown

Heh yeah. He turns into a wolf anyway, so it was a logical jump. It's kinda hard to see, but he's in the "Long Library."

I was never good at Goldeneye. I suck at FPSs.

You should definitely seek out Dracula X: Rondo of Blood. It stars Richter and Maria 4 years before Symphony of the Night. The opening scene from Symphony of the Night is actually the final battle of Rondo of Blood. Like mentioned in the page, Symphony of the Night is actually called, "Dracula X: Nocturne in the Moonlight."

DamnMyEyes

Post by DamnMyEyes »

Pravus wrote:Anyone have a 360?
yup

Pravus
Cartoon Hero

Post by Pravus »

I just went to the perfect school for those guys...I liked it, though the people were happy to the point of creepy, but these guys in this comic would have fit in well, even i they are angst (sure there are angsty people there though)

Jackson
Regular Poster

Post by Jackson »

Pravus wrote:Anyone have a 360?
Sort of. It's shared as a collective around here. If I had money I'd get one myself.

And heck yes to Goldeneye! I loved that game, even though I was probably the one on the floor most of the time. I got really good at the follow up that had multiplayer bots. I think it was The World is Not Enough. Bah, my memory is fading with age.

TheSuburbanLetdown

Hell yeah dude. I'm trying to kill Death in Dawn of Sorrow right now on the hard mode. They weren't kidding when they called it hard. I'm at the end of Portrait of Ruin too. Man, once you get the Vampire Killer to full strength, it gets way easier. Until you get to the part where you have to fight Death and Dracula at the same time.

Oh yeah, full page is now posted.
Last edited by TheSuburbanLetdown on Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hungrywolf
Regular Poster
Location: Living the sweet life out in Southern California's beautiful San Fernando Valley!

Post by Hungrywolf »

theSuburbanLetdown wrote:Hell yeah dude. I'm trying to kill Death in Dawn of Sorrow right now on the hard mode. They weren't kidding when they called it hard. I'm at the end of Portrait of Ruin too. Man, once you get the Vampire Killer to full strength, it gets way easier. Until you get to the part where you have to fight Death and Dracula at the same time.

Oh yeah, full page is now posted.
Death.... is a f-ing bastard on hard mode. Good luck dude with that.

Oh and sweet full page up!

TheSuburbanLetdown

Man, Death can do like 160 damage in a single hit! That's so cheap!

Hungrywolf
Regular Poster

Post by Hungrywolf »

theSuburbanLetdown wrote:Man, Death can do like 160 damage in a single hit! That's so cheap!
Damn. I hate that move of his. Just makes you want to beat his ass even more.

Also, good job on the page. ^^