Severed Ties ------->The current arc

The happening place to be. Unless you go somewhere else that's more stimulating.
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value

Post by TheSuburbanLetdown »

Thanks. I especially like the second to last panel.

Yeah, but I mentioned it many many pages ago during the hacky sack scene in which Evan threw up. His name is Travis Isherwood. The other guy he was hacky-sacking with is Marcus Grady.

TheSuburbanLetdown

Oh yeah, Most of the figures were inked with PITT marker, and the others a traditional brush. Can anyone guess which was done with which?

Paul Escobar
Cartoon Hero

Post by Paul Escobar »

I'd wager the guess that a character in a close-up frame or placed in the foreground is inked with the Pitt, and conversely a character placed in the background is inked with a brush. What with the brush being better for super-fine lines.

Are there any prizes for getting this somewhat right?

TheSuburbanLetdown

Every figure was done with a Pitt marker except for the 3rd panel, and the last panel.

Hmm, I guess the only real prize is honor.

Bloodied Fox
Regular Poster

Post by Bloodied Fox »

and pie, right? There is no honour without pie, after all...
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...

JTigerclaw
Cartoon Hero

Post by JTigerclaw »

Maybe it's an Honor Pie? Those are pretty sweet.
Awesome avatar done by Nervous Spy

TheSuburbanLetdown

Oh god I want some pie. Some soft, juicy...... pie.

Damn, now that I look at it again, the lines are too thin. And I thought they were thicker.

Paul Escobar
Cartoon Hero

Post by Paul Escobar »

Ah ha ha ha at long last I have internet in my new home. In ur forums posting in ur threads.

So uh, is it OK to ask when you're going to update again?

TheSuburbanLetdown

funny you should ask. I'm working on the current page right now and it'll be up tonight or else Graveyard Greg (Carpe Diem) will kill me.

I've been away at various conventions so I've been pretty busy. But the real answer is that mentally I've been on another planet. It's a good place to be at the moment.

How was the move?

Paul Escobar
Cartoon Hero

Post by Paul Escobar »

And there the new page is! Yay! ... and Ryan says it all even though he didn't want to talk about it... Well played how he tries to calm down and then tenses all up again at the mention of Evan. (At least that's how I read it.)

Another planet, huh? I hope you'll be feeling good on this one, too, ASAP. Gotta make sure the here and now is good.

The move went fine. Took a lot of time, energy, money and paperwork, but everything went smooth and according to plan. I've been living in Berlin for four weeks now and so far I absolutely love it here. The city's great. My apartment's great. For the first time in much too long I feel great 24/7. I could go on in great detail but I'll spare you - if only because it's 5:30 AM here (got caught up in doing page layouts) and I really need to go to bed.

TheSuburbanLetdown

Yeah, I changed this page at the last minute and I like how it turned out.

I am feeling a mixture of fear and excitement. But mostly I've been pretty ecstatic. More so than I've ever been in my entire life. Subsequently, I haven't been able to concentrate. I was also working on some prints to sell that no one bought.

Glad to hear the move went well. I was wondering how things were going. One day, I will go to Germany. I'd actually like to hear details if you don't mind telling me so when you're not so sleepy.
Last edited by TheSuburbanLetdown on Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

JTigerclaw
Cartoon Hero

Post by JTigerclaw »

Wow, that's probably the most I've ever seen you write in a news post. And what happened to the crazy surprised/disgusted goat face that I took a picture of you posing for?

Regardless, I like this page alot. ^^

And I'm glad you have been happy lately. ;)

TheSuburbanLetdown

As much as I liked that disgusted goat face, I decided to take this page in a differernt direction. There'll be more goat action in the future. But believe me, I did everything I could to work dialogue in favor of the goat face. But alas, it could not be done. :(

And yeah, happiness is good. I haven't been happy on a deep fundamental level in a long time.

*looks at post time*
What the hell were you doing up so late?! Remember what I said about the embankment!?

JTigerclaw
Cartoon Hero

Post by JTigerclaw »

Mew... well I only got 4 hours of sleep, but it hasn't seemed to affect my energy today. However, I did subconsciously press Snooze until 30 minutes before work and was 5 minutes late, but it didn't matter.

And screw the embankment. Traffic cones, road work, and trucks parked in the bike lane are much more likely to kill me than that.

Paul Escobar
Cartoon Hero

Post by Paul Escobar »

theSuburbanLetdown wrote:I am feeling a mixture of fear and excitement. But mostly I've been pretty ecstatic. More so than I've ever been in my entire life. Subsequently, I haven't been able to concentrate. I was also working on some prints to sell that no one bought.
Oh man, I totally misunderstood that about being on another planet. I thought you meant that RL things were unpleasant. I'm glad to hear you're feeling happy.

... But whence fear?

Also, prints? Care to show?
theSuburbanLetdown wrote:Glad to hear the move went well. I was wondering how things were going. One day, I will go to Germany. I'd actually like to hear details if you don't mind telling me so when you're not so sleepy.
Thanks. And I'll gladly go into detail. But what details interest you? There's much I can tell, but I don't want to bore you with a treatise on Berlin's architecture if you're interested in hearing about the food. ;-)

TheSuburbanLetdown

Paul Escobar wrote:
theSuburbanLetdown wrote:I am feeling a mixture of fear and excitement. But mostly I've been pretty ecstatic. More so than I've ever been in my entire life. Subsequently, I haven't been able to concentrate. I was also working on some prints to sell that no one bought.
Oh man, I totally misunderstood that about being on another planet. I thought you meant that RL things were unpleasant. I'm glad to hear you're feeling happy.

... But whence fear?

Also, prints? Care to show?
Oh no, everything right now is pretty amazing. Perhaps fear was too strong a word.

Prints are posted in the "random drawings" thread.
theSuburbanLetdown wrote:Glad to hear the move went well. I was wondering how things were going. One day, I will go to Germany. I'd actually like to hear details if you don't mind telling me so when you're not so sleepy.
Thanks. And I'll gladly go into detail. But what details interest you? There's much I can tell, but I don't want to bore you with a treatise on Berlin's architecture if you're interested in hearing about the food. ;-)
Hmm, I dunno. I guess anything you deem interesting. I just like to hear people talk about stuff if they want.

I do have a craving for beer brats right now it seems.

Never Mayhem
Regular Poster
Location: Hell, in the vestibule, instantly regreting everything

Post by Never Mayhem »

Well hey, it's nice that we've had a new update? Make some comments niggas. *looks around*
"I cannot read the Bible in the dark."

TheSuburbanLetdown

Hmmm, I don't like that face in the third panel.

Paul Escobar
Cartoon Hero

Post by Paul Escobar »

theSuburbanLetdown wrote:
Paul Escobar wrote:
Hmm, I dunno. I guess anything you deem interesting. I just like to hear people talk about stuff if they want.

I do have a craving for beer brats right now it seems.
I've sent you a PM regarding this, as my details got long and are entirely unrelated to The End Of Things. ;-)

Beer brats, I had to google that. I imagined those Bratz dolls drinking beer...

Bloodied Fox
Regular Poster

Post by Bloodied Fox »

Best restaurant name ever :)

And Ted's bluffing. We know every guy's done that at least once...
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...