Severed Ties ------->The current arc

The happening place to be. Unless you go somewhere else that's more stimulating.
Gildedtongue
Regular Poster
Posts: 384
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:26 pm
Location: Cave Creek, AZ
Contact:

Post by Gildedtongue »

theSuburbanLetdown wrote:I dunno, it sounds pretty funny. It'd be much better than Alien 3.

The first two were fantastic. 3 sucked. Resurrection was entertaining, but didn't need to be made. It's funny how it was directed by the same guy that did "Le Fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain."
What's funnier is the head writer for Resurrection was none other than...

Joss Whedon!

Now... take that, and watch the movie with a checklist of the Buffy-verse.

Strong woman using dark powers to fight evil.

Can 'sense' the enemy's presence.

Wacky sidekicks who are cooler than the heroine (sorry Weaver)

Psuedo homoerotic relationship between the heroine and creepy loner chick.

I can probably think of others later.

User avatar
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value
Posts: 12714
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: explod

Post by TheSuburbanLetdown »

Ha! That's awesome.

Oh yeah, the original topic. I finished the page, but I biffed the hatching on the wall. The lines are too far apart so it's not dark enough. DAMN!
Last edited by TheSuburbanLetdown on Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

Gildedtongue
Regular Poster
Posts: 384
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:26 pm
Location: Cave Creek, AZ
Contact:

Post by Gildedtongue »

That's because... ummm. Yeah, Maynard left on a nightlight so when Ryan and Evan come back they don't have to stumble in the dark or turn on all the lights to get to bed.

Yeah, that's the ticket!

User avatar
Bloodied Fox
Regular Poster
Posts: 705
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:24 am
Location: Jolly Old England

Post by Bloodied Fox »

Alien 3 was really good :P
Image
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...

Gildedtongue
Regular Poster
Posts: 384
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:26 pm
Location: Cave Creek, AZ
Contact:

Post by Gildedtongue »

Well, the page does show one thing.

May's pubic hair doesn't reach as high up as Evan's. ;)

I'm sure this is really important.

User avatar
Bloodied Fox
Regular Poster
Posts: 705
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:24 am
Location: Jolly Old England

Post by Bloodied Fox »

Obviously he's a man who goes with the smooth downstairs look :wink:
Image
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...

User avatar
Bloodied Fox
Regular Poster
Posts: 705
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:24 am
Location: Jolly Old England

Post by Bloodied Fox »

~sees today's strip~

Erm, ow... :o
Image
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...

Gildedtongue
Regular Poster
Posts: 384
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:26 pm
Location: Cave Creek, AZ
Contact:

Post by Gildedtongue »

Well, that is something in his hand alright...

User avatar
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value
Posts: 12714
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: explod

Post by TheSuburbanLetdown »

There was an upload error, so the page is up now.
Image

User avatar
Whatupwidat
Regular Poster
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:53 am
Location: On The Road To Nowhere
Contact:

Post by Whatupwidat »

Cripes alive mate, that's hard core.
Image

User avatar
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value
Posts: 12714
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: explod

Post by TheSuburbanLetdown »

Heh, yeah. The painting looks bettter in person. I shoulda made the splashes red.
Image

User avatar
Whatupwidat
Regular Poster
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:53 am
Location: On The Road To Nowhere
Contact:

Post by Whatupwidat »

Aye, in a strip where even the site itself is black and white, the colour would have been shocking and really cool. Ah well, save that trick for another time :D
Image

User avatar
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value
Posts: 12714
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: explod

Post by TheSuburbanLetdown »

Seems I biffed. Oh well, I can whip that out again at some point like you say. I have a pretty good idea.
Image

User avatar
Yeahduff
Resident Stoic (Moderator)
Posts: 9158
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:16 pm
Location: I jumped into your grave and died.
Contact:

Post by Yeahduff »

That twisted fuck.

Looks great. I do think you could've put in the greyscale version in there without realy being "cheating," and it might've made it stand out as a drawing a little more. But yeah, you're a purist.
Image
I won't be the stars in your dark night.

User avatar
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value
Posts: 12714
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: explod

Post by TheSuburbanLetdown »

Did anyone else notice the drawing of the flaming house?
Image

User avatar
Yeahduff
Resident Stoic (Moderator)
Posts: 9158
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:16 pm
Location: I jumped into your grave and died.
Contact:

Post by Yeahduff »

Yeah, figured I ask in person. But since you brought it up, does that drawing involve a margarita and a missile by any chance?
Image
I won't be the stars in your dark night.

User avatar
Paul Escobar
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1024
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:11 pm
Location: State of Flux

Post by Paul Escobar »

theSuburbanLetdown wrote:Did anyone else notice the drawing of the flaming house?
I noticed it - it was there a few pages back, too - but didn't really think about it. Did I miss some symbolic significance?

Speaking of significance, I don't know what reaction you intended to get (if any), but upon seing Ryan's painting of him strangling Evan... I laughed. Does that make me a bad person?

User avatar
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value
Posts: 12714
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: explod

Post by TheSuburbanLetdown »

I wanted to show that he's rather unhappy with Evan right now. I laughed too when I drew it if that means anything. But it is kind of sick to paint a picture of yourself strangling one of your friends, so I guess it's an awkward scene. We called those "therapy drawings" back in school.
yeahduff wrote:Yeah, figured I ask in person. But since you brought it up, does that drawing involve a margarita and a missile by any chance?
Kinda. It was blend of that legendary therapy drawing I made for the senior show (oddly enough, it is titled "Severed Ties") and that weird picture you drew of your old house with the airplane flying into "perilous skies." Though I guess my drawing wasn't as legendary as my potato chip installation.

I guess the only real siginificance of the flaming house is that Ryan seems unhappy. But it was mostly there because I thought it was funny.
Image

User avatar
Paul Escobar
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1024
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:11 pm
Location: State of Flux

Post by Paul Escobar »

It's only going to be awkward if Evan sees the painting. :wink:
theSuburbanLetdown wrote:my potato chip installation
Pics, please!

I once made an installation out of pill jars with distressed-looking faces painted on them. I was young and foolish.

User avatar
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value
Posts: 12714
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: explod

Post by TheSuburbanLetdown »

It sounds fun though.

I'll try to find pics of the chips. One of the younger art majors procalimed it the "greatest piece of art in the gallery" and other said it wasn't art.

I really liked the piece "severed ties" because it made me laugh like hell. There used to be a pic of it on teh web, but it's gone. I have to figure out how to take a digital photo of it and make it not suck.
Image

Post Reply