Wii demand satisfaction
-
Hungrywolf
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 816
- Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:35 am
- Location: Living the sweet life out in Southern California's beautiful San Fernando Valley!
-
Hungrywolf
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 816
- Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:35 am
- Location: Living the sweet life out in Southern California's beautiful San Fernando Valley!
Re: Wii demand satisfaction
Silly Wolf. Nintendo DS's are for kids.
Quietly sneaks off to play Fire Emblem on the GBA.
Quietly sneaks off to play Fire Emblem on the GBA.
- Pravus
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 1341
- Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:47 pm
- Location: This important thing is not to be where I am
Re: Wii demand satisfaction
So to be innovative...they take most of the ideas from the PSP that they said were "stupid" and put it on their own console, which I will include the camera with because I believe it is in Japan, AND take away the GBA slot? Isn't that was Microsoft is supposed to do? 

-
Hungrywolf
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 816
- Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:35 am
- Location: Living the sweet life out in Southern California's beautiful San Fernando Valley!
Re: Wii demand satisfaction
Well to be fair to Nintendo, they never said those things were "stupid". It was just a position, well until now, that they didn't want to go the DS, mostly over pirating concerns. Also the sales of PSPs' in Japan have cut into their own DS sales, so it was only about time till they came out with something. Plus I don't see anything wrong bringing the both of two worlds. The robust media features and processing power of the PSP, with the inventive fun game play of the DS. It might be a backwards stance from Nintendo to copy Sony, but every company does it.
Taking the GBA slot is a mixed issued. On one hand it will come with a hard drive built in to support downloaded games. Such as GBA games, etc. On the other hand is that you'll have to buy those games again. Which is bullocks if you have a large collection of quality games. Sad as that might be, it's the way everyone is going with backwards compatibility. Welcome to the digital distribution age.
In the end if you're not into the upgrades, you don't need to buy one. At least for a while.
Taking the GBA slot is a mixed issued. On one hand it will come with a hard drive built in to support downloaded games. Such as GBA games, etc. On the other hand is that you'll have to buy those games again. Which is bullocks if you have a large collection of quality games. Sad as that might be, it's the way everyone is going with backwards compatibility. Welcome to the digital distribution age.
In the end if you're not into the upgrades, you don't need to buy one. At least for a while.
- Pravus
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 1341
- Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:47 pm
- Location: This important thing is not to be where I am
Re: Wii demand satisfaction
I would buy it if the graphics improved, but it sounds like they did not. What really annoys me about Nintendo is how they're really turning into Sony, which Nintendo is not. Nintendo is a gaming company first and foremost, not a company for the mass public. If there were cooler games, I would buy it, and I may even take out my dusty DS original to play GTA CTW, but that seems to be the only one to be worth it. To me, it really seems like the hype is taking over, same as the Wii, and has not lived up to it's potential...

-
Hungrywolf
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 816
- Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:35 am
- Location: Living the sweet life out in Southern California's beautiful San Fernando Valley!
Re: Wii demand satisfaction
No the graphics processor is the same as the current DS. But again as I said, if you don't like the upgrades you don't have to buy. But if you want to play new DSi games you'll have to though.
-
Hungrywolf
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 816
- Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:35 am
- Location: Living the sweet life out in Southern California's beautiful San Fernando Valley!
Re: Wii demand satisfaction
Well I should of said DSi software. Which you'll most likely download. Games that probably will make use of the camera and audio support functions. Which sounds pretty cool. But there will be still DS games made using the standard DS Card format. That I'm sure of, I hope.
- Pravus
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 1341
- Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:47 pm
- Location: This important thing is not to be where I am
Re: Wii demand satisfaction
So, basically, if you like the DS, and you want to play DS games still, you have to get the new DS? That's just....geez...

-
Hungrywolf
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 816
- Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:35 am
- Location: Living the sweet life out in Southern California's beautiful San Fernando Valley!
Re: Wii demand satisfaction
Or you could just use your already owned DS and not buy anything.
As much as it looks cool to have those functions that are going to be added on, it's not a necessary buy. It's just branching out to another segment of the market. Nintendo is a business first. Right now the saturation rate of the Nintendo DS in Japan are at a high level, so high, that they can't possibly sell any more DS's to keep up with Sony. So the solution, a new DS. This is mostly a Japanese economic move if you think about it. Which is even more evident in why they're waiting till late 2009 to release it here. Sales of the DS lite in the US are very strong and the saturation rate much lower, all the more reason to put it on hold.
So again, if you want a DS with a camera, media functions, downloadable games, then sure get it. But if not, you're regular DS lite will just be fine.
I think one of the coolest game announcement of the conferences would be "Punch Out." Not a Virtual Console release, but an actual remake of the classic game.
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/40745.html
As much as it looks cool to have those functions that are going to be added on, it's not a necessary buy. It's just branching out to another segment of the market. Nintendo is a business first. Right now the saturation rate of the Nintendo DS in Japan are at a high level, so high, that they can't possibly sell any more DS's to keep up with Sony. So the solution, a new DS. This is mostly a Japanese economic move if you think about it. Which is even more evident in why they're waiting till late 2009 to release it here. Sales of the DS lite in the US are very strong and the saturation rate much lower, all the more reason to put it on hold.
So again, if you want a DS with a camera, media functions, downloadable games, then sure get it. But if not, you're regular DS lite will just be fine.
I think one of the coolest game announcement of the conferences would be "Punch Out." Not a Virtual Console release, but an actual remake of the classic game.
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/40745.html
-
Hungrywolf
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 816
- Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:35 am
- Location: Living the sweet life out in Southern California's beautiful San Fernando Valley!
Re: Wii demand satisfaction
I think the one game I would srs think about buying a console for would be Little Big Planet.
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/40991.html
I don't think I can explain it really or even myself believe how I game like that could exist. But it does, and it's awesome.
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/40991.html
I don't think I can explain it really or even myself believe how I game like that could exist. But it does, and it's awesome.
- TheSuburbanLetdown
- Destroyer of Property Value
- Posts: 12714
- Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
- Location: explod
Re: Wii demand satisfaction
I am currently playing the remake of Final Fantasy IV on the DS. It's quite fun.
When things get convoluted and ridiculous, you must start from the beginning. Awesome. And the box art is so old-school.
-
Hungrywolf
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 816
- Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:35 am
- Location: Living the sweet life out in Southern California's beautiful San Fernando Valley!
Re: Wii demand satisfaction
And hard. Very very hard. Probably not Mega Man 2 hard, but what is.
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/41434.html
I'd hurry with that you night owl, Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia is out the 21st. Hopefully I'll be able to get a copy myself.TheSuburbanLetdown wrote:I am currently playing the remake of Final Fantasy IV on the DS. It's quite fun.
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/41434.html
