There was a lot to lol at. Half the time we were saying, "What the hell are we doing here?"ShannC wrote:I think I'm just going to say what's on my mind and leave it at that.
LOL furries.
My trip to Ann Arbor
- TheSuburbanLetdown
- Destroyer of Property Value
- Posts: 12714
- Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
- Location: explod
Re: My trip to Ann Arbor
Re: My trip to Ann Arbor
Indeed.
And that just may be the reason I'll never set foot in one. It's extra weird for me because I don't even live in a "convention culture". Sweden just recently got a sci-fi con, and NO, I don't want to go there either. Maybe I DO think that Star-Wars and space ships are cool and stuff. Maybe I just don't want to think so with other people?
Especially not with people who love it 10 times more. Is that snobby?
And that just may be the reason I'll never set foot in one. It's extra weird for me because I don't even live in a "convention culture". Sweden just recently got a sci-fi con, and NO, I don't want to go there either. Maybe I DO think that Star-Wars and space ships are cool and stuff. Maybe I just don't want to think so with other people?
Especially not with people who love it 10 times more. Is that snobby?
- TheSuburbanLetdown
- Destroyer of Property Value
- Posts: 12714
- Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
- Location: explod
Re: My trip to Ann Arbor
Cons are pretty weird in general. It takes a certain type of person to go to one. General Comic conventions aren't so bad. Except for the geeks and the smells.
I've been to 9 fur cons and still don't have a tail, by the way.
I've been to 9 fur cons and still don't have a tail, by the way.
- Yeahduff
- Resident Stoic (Moderator)
- Posts: 9158
- Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:16 pm
- Location: I jumped into your grave and died.
- Contact:
Re: My trip to Ann Arbor
I know, right?ShannC wrote: LOL furries.
Re: My trip to Ann Arbor
I think I'm definately not the guy then. I feel uneasy just going to a football game or a church, well anywhere where people have a really strong sub-interest augmented by the numbers.
What the heck is that avatar. Hobbes kissing hobbes? Blasphemy!
What the heck is that avatar. Hobbes kissing hobbes? Blasphemy!
- TheSuburbanLetdown
- Destroyer of Property Value
- Posts: 12714
- Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
- Location: explod
Re: My trip to Ann Arbor
Calvin & Hobbes is in my opinion the best strip ever made. But god damn, that pic is funny to me.
This is a list of the cons I've been to:
Midwest Furfest '04
Conifur '05
Midwest Furfest '05
Anthrocon '06
Midwest Furfest '06
Anthrocon '07
Furfright '07
Midwest Furfest '07
Furry Connection North '08
This is a list of the cons I've been to:
Midwest Furfest '04
Conifur '05
Midwest Furfest '05
Anthrocon '06
Midwest Furfest '06
Anthrocon '07
Furfright '07
Midwest Furfest '07
Furry Connection North '08
-
Hungrywolf
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 816
- Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:35 am
- Location: Living the sweet life out in Southern California's beautiful San Fernando Valley!
Re: My trip to Ann Arbor
Wow, thats a really long list. Kinda makes me a little jealous.
Heh, that icon just made my day.
Heh, that icon just made my day.
- TheSuburbanLetdown
- Destroyer of Property Value
- Posts: 12714
- Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
- Location: explod
Re: My trip to Ann Arbor
Heh yeah. I love my new icon.
The only reason that list is so long is because Midwest Furfest is 20 minute drive for me. I'd stupid not to go.
The only reason that list is so long is because Midwest Furfest is 20 minute drive for me. I'd stupid not to go.
-
Hungrywolf
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 816
- Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:35 am
- Location: Living the sweet life out in Southern California's beautiful San Fernando Valley!
Re: My trip to Ann Arbor
Everything for me would be half a day trip. It sucks.
- TheSuburbanLetdown
- Destroyer of Property Value
- Posts: 12714
- Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
- Location: explod
Re: My trip to Ann Arbor
Speaking of which, I'm thinking about starting a Euro meeting for people who like "End of things".
I know 4 people who'd join probably. Two of them don't yet know they like this comic but that could be remedied.
(This is an internal joke not everyone will get; although it's definately an idea)
I know 4 people who'd join probably. Two of them don't yet know they like this comic but that could be remedied.
(This is an internal joke not everyone will get; although it's definately an idea)
-
Hungrywolf
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 816
- Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:35 am
- Location: Living the sweet life out in Southern California's beautiful San Fernando Valley!
Re: My trip to Ann Arbor
theSuburbanLetdown wrote:We need to hang out at a con sometime.
Both sound like really cool ideas.ShannC wrote:Speaking of which, I'm thinking about starting a Euro meeting for people who like "End of things".
I know 4 people who'd join probably. Two of them don't yet know they like this comic but that could be remedied.
(This is an internal joke not everyone will get; although it's definately an idea)
- PortableNuke
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 989
- Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:29 am
- Location: Under Control!
- Contact:
Re: My trip to Ann Arbor
Is that a communist/Stalin joke?ShannC wrote:I know 4 people who'd join probably. Two of them don't yet know they like this comic but that could be remedied.
(This is an internal joke not everyone will get; although it's definately an idea)
- Paul Escobar
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 1024
- Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:11 pm
- Location: State of Flux
Re: My trip to Ann Arbor
Seriously. What the fucking fuck. Where is that from? And will I regret asking?ShannC wrote:What the heck is that avatar. Hobbes kissing hobbes? Blasphemy!
- TheSuburbanLetdown
- Destroyer of Property Value
- Posts: 12714
- Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
- Location: explod
Re: My trip to Ann Arbor
I yoinked it from someone on furaffinity. I have no idea whether it's from something or if someone made it just to be an avatar, but I thought it was amusing. Especially since I was reading one of my old Calvin & Hobbes books in which they went time traveling in order to avoid doing a project. There were multiple Hobbeses and Calvins.Paul Escobar wrote:Seriously. What the fucking fuck. Where is that from? And will I regret asking?ShannC wrote:What the heck is that avatar. Hobbes kissing hobbes? Blasphemy!
- Bloodied Fox
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 705
- Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:24 am
- Location: Jolly Old England
Re: My trip to Ann Arbor
This would rather nicely fill the Euro Jack Con sized hole in my summer scheduleShannC wrote:I know 4 people who'd join probably. Two of them don't yet know they like this comic but that could be remedied.
(This is an internal joke not everyone will get; although it's definately an idea)
I might well go to a furry convention one day, but I'd want to be sure there'd be people there I knew first

Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...
- TheSuburbanLetdown
- Destroyer of Property Value
- Posts: 12714
- Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
- Location: explod
Re: My trip to Ann Arbor
Yeah, cons are really about the people you spend time with. I've been bored at a few of the midwest ones since I didn't know anyone and didn't stay the night either.
Re: My trip to Ann Arbor
Remember rule 34 of the internet kids. If it exists...theSuburbanLetdown wrote:I yoinked it from someone on furaffinity. I have no idea whether it's from something or if someone made it just to be an avatar, but I thought it was amusing. Especially since I was reading one of my old Calvin & Hobbes books in which they went time traveling in order to avoid doing a project. There were multiple Hobbeses and Calvins.Paul Escobar wrote:Seriously. What the fucking fuck. Where is that from? And will I regret asking?ShannC wrote:What the heck is that avatar. Hobbes kissing hobbes? Blasphemy!
*sings* Some kinds of love, uh, the possibilities are endless. *sings*
It would now, would it?Bloodied fox wrote:This would rather nicely fill the Euro Jack Con sized hole in my summer schedule
Nah, it was from the time we all sat on the Jack webcomic. It resulted in group tourism of a european capital each summer. Now none of us goes to that forum anymore so... Since the faithful organiser (Paul) of this trip has done so well before in getting everyone together, I thought he might want a time out. I was about to suggest we get the gang together and go up to Copenhagen. The gang in this case consists of me, bloodied fox and one other dude from Poland.portablenuke wrote:Is that a communist/Stalin joke?
If it flies off, it'd be cool for other "End of things" fans to join up aswell.
Re: My trip to Ann Arbor
MOD EDIT: DON'T CLICK ON THIS AT WORKPaul Escobar wrote:Seriously. What the fucking fuck. Where is that from? And will I regret asking?ShannC wrote:What the heck is that avatar. Hobbes kissing hobbes? Blasphemy!
Fucking hell. I found the source! Don't watch if you're not already completely dead inside.
http://rule34.paheal.net/post/view/89712?search=hobbes
Oh, fuck you internet!
Even if that's pretty bad, the site is shock full of things that's a whole lot worse. Enter at your own peril.


