How Skinny is Evan?

The happening place to be. Unless you go somewhere else that's more stimulating.
User avatar
ShannC
Regular Poster
Posts: 308
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:03 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: How Skinny is Evan?

Post by ShannC »

yeahduff wrote:Well, Ryan is pretty damn skinny, too. His problem is neglect, not a warped self-image, though the results are similar. Evan without a doubt has a problem, one more dangerous than Ryan's, and while he may not be a Giacometti just yet, I think he's in the relative beginning of his problem.
Yeah, what about Ryan? I don't know, but we talk alot about Evan and his neurotic quirks while Ryan is definately a questionable guy too. All that procastination, not studying and playing video games instead. He even forgets to eat because he's just a lazy ass. He's pretty flawed aswell, but I wonder whether he lashes on Evan out of worry or because of his own shortcomings.

Maynard and Ted are pretty cool guys though.

User avatar
Pravus
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1341
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:47 pm
Location: This important thing is not to be where I am

Re: How Skinny is Evan?

Post by Pravus »

Paul Escobar wrote:
Pravus wrote:I'm not saying that one or two major characters could not be lost, but they can not all be lost. I don't know about you, but I'd rather not have a comic of just monologues by Evan....
What you'd like to read and what can potentially be done are two very different things. I can think of quite a few comics where everyone dies and the comic ends. What yeahduff said. At any rate, the comic is called The End of Things, and the current story is called Severed Ties. That's a fairly big hint that something will come to an end.
I'll address both you and yeahduff: I really was not calculating the possibility of the comic actually ending. I was saying that for the comic to go on,one cannot eliminate all the characters. Also, what's the use of making a whole bio about them if they're going to be offed anyway (I have seen this once, maybe twice at most, but it looks VERY awkward, so I would not recommend it). So, one can reasonable say there's a good probability that Ted will be the one offed from the comic. Now, let's go back to laughing at a drunk Evan.
Image

User avatar
Paul Escobar
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1024
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:11 pm
Location: State of Flux

Re: How Skinny is Evan?

Post by Paul Escobar »

ShannC wrote:Yeah, what about Ryan? I don't know, but we talk alot about Evan and his neurotic quirks while Ryan is definately a questionable guy too. All that procastination, not studying and playing video games instead. He even forgets to eat because he's just a lazy ass. He's pretty flawed aswell, but I wonder whether he lashes on Evan out of worry or because of his own shortcomings.
Hard to say, but it's not uncommon for people with with personal problems to react when they see other people with similar problems. Not that Ryan's issues are the same as Evan's, but there's an overlap - they both lack the desire to deal with their own problems. Ryan in particular seems to have a case of recognizing Evan's issues while not wanting to deal with, or even acknowledge, his own.
Pravus wrote:I really was not calculating the possibility of the comic actually ending. I was saying that for the comic to go on,one cannot eliminate all the characters. Also, what's the use of making a whole bio about them if they're going to be offed anyway (I have seen this once, maybe twice at most, but it looks VERY awkward, so I would not recommend it).
Well, the characters don't need to die; the story may simply come to a natural end. All I'm saying is: There's no reason to assume the comic will go on indefinitely.

User avatar
Pravus
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1341
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:47 pm
Location: This important thing is not to be where I am

Re: How Skinny is Evan?

Post by Pravus »

I know, I just wasn't factoring that in when I said that
Image

User avatar
ShannC
Regular Poster
Posts: 308
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:03 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: How Skinny is Evan?

Post by ShannC »

Paul Escobar wrote:
ShannC wrote:Yeah, what about Ryan? I don't know, but we talk alot about Evan and his neurotic quirks while Ryan is definately a questionable guy too. All that procastination, not studying and playing video games instead. He even forgets to eat because he's just a lazy ass. He's pretty flawed aswell, but I wonder whether he lashes on Evan out of worry or because of his own shortcomings.
Hard to say, but it's not uncommon for people with with personal problems to react when they see other people with similar problems. Not that Ryan's issues are the same as Evan's, but there's an overlap - they both lack the desire to deal with their own problems. Ryan in particular seems to have a case of recognizing Evan's issues while not wanting to deal with, or even acknowledge, his own.
So you see it too eh? Point is, I have really hard to decide whether Ryan's actually just carries a too big heart to handle, and cares more about his friends than they even know. In that case it's kinda heartwarming in spite of strangle-paintings aso, but the other possibility is that, yeah.. what we said, in which case he's more of an iressponsible baby.

Maybe he's a bit of both? Who said people where rational anyway..

Post Reply