5/5/10 - Cinco de Mayo!

A cool place to be totally lame.

5/5/10 - Cinco de Mayo!

Postby Carl-E on Wed May 05, 2010 12:38 pm

Let's celebrate the return of the comic (I know, it was back last week, but hey...)

I discovered the comic and read the archive about 2 days after the hiatus started... I was going to show it to my high school aged daughter, but I was waiting for it to start back up before I did. Now I can!

On a different note, I'm wondering how many of you guys were labeled in HS, and how you were labeled. I know I was labelled all through school, usually as the new kid (we moved a lot). I was also labeled a lot by appearance (tall and overweight with thick glasses is not a good combination. And by high school I was short again).

So, the table thing. Loners unite!

Althogh some of us like to eat alone...
Carl-E

Re: 5/5/10 - Cinco de Mayo!

Postby Nanda on Thu May 06, 2010 12:39 pm

That's how I ended up finding all of my friends in HS eventually - I looked for the kid sitting alone at lunch. It usually worked - by my senior year, we were all crammed together. As for labels, I was the New, Ugly, Fat, Poor Girl. Looking back now, only two of those fit. Yes, I was New, yes, we were Poor (but so were a lot of people, so I don't know why that should have mattered) but I can definitely say I wasn't Fat or Ugly. I was a curvy size 14 in those days, and actually quite pretty. Part of the reason I started this comic is because the rules of beauty seem so arbitrary. I've seen so many "Ugly Girls" who weren't ugly in the slightest.
Image Image
Nanda
Cartoon Hero

Return to Ugly Girl