New Character

A cool place to be totally lame.

New Character

Postby Nanda on Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:09 am

I started ranting in the shoutbox, and I thought maybe I should post it here, as well:

I was very hesitant about adding yet another new character - I don't want to go all "Dawson's Creek" here, but it occured to me that life is full of new meetings - especially highschool -and after Spaz's incredibly warm reception, it seemed do-able. Note: This is a character I've been wanting to somehow add to the comic for a long time now, since before Spaz was even conceived. I just never had a way to introduce her to the comic before this - and while it seemed a bit questionable to add two new characters so closely together, it also seemed like an opportune time to go ahead with it - afterall, when we make new friends, we usually meet their other friends. The reason she was never added before this was because I feared that a Fat Girl character might be redundant - we already have a Fat Boy, and her problems might be too similar to UG's. But ultimately, I figured that Fat boys and Fat girls have a completely different highschool experience, and while Fatty and UG may share some issues, their personalities are night and day.

If anyone would like to discuss this further, I'm sure I could come up with a few more things to say on the subject. :wink:
Image Image
Nanda
Cartoon Hero

Postby Yeahduff on Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:24 pm

Nah, that was sufficient. I have enough room in my life for another on of your creations.
I won't be the stars in your dark night.
Yeahduff
Resident Stoic (Moderator)

Postby Peaches on Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:33 pm

Fatty is my new favorite character.
Peaches
Regular Poster

Postby Ahhelga on Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:49 pm

Hoo boy, I know exactly what you mean. My, ah, comic Posers, which is about high school life, is always tempting me to add new characters, and I eventually draw up ideas for them, and eventually will add them in. You're absolutely right that you'll meet more and more people (especially in high school). So I'm actually glad you added more characters. It makes it more believeable, I'd say.
Ahhelga

Return to Ugly Girl