Trade Centers

Postby Prison on Wed Sep 12, 2001 4:09 am

I feel that there should be a topic for this, and I'm sure CDC wont mind me starting one. This has been the most terrible tradegy I have seen in my life and in history books.
I dont see how any pilot, or even terrorist can drive himself to kill themselves like they did. it's absolute maddness. I feel this may be the start of what will be a short WWIII. although if this is a terrorist attack and not an attack from a country then it would e hard to have a war with a band of terrorists... I still cant seem to belive that the 2 tallest buildings in the world have collapsed. I bet it was the ppl from the CN tower in Toronto just wanting to be the tallest building ^_^ j/k. I really dont know what to think of all this. my heart goes out to all the deceased, families and to the deceased firemen and thier families. I also thank all the ppl helping in the cause to find the burried and giving blood. I myself plan to give blood.<P>Please send out your feelings and comments about this atrosity here.<P>Ryan Doyle,
Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
Prison
Regular Poster

Postby Prison on Wed Sep 12, 2001 4:19 am

I would also like to say that it feels so strange that there r no sounds or sight of air flight anywhere. I live in Thunder Bay Canada and the flight path to the airport here flys right over my house... its nice to have the peaceful silence, but I am not comforted at the thought of why all the planes are stopped flying. I also find it amazing that all flights in USA and Canada have been grounded and checked. EVERY plane that has landed has been checked...man thats a lot of planes...
Prison
Regular Poster

Postby Stinkywigfiddle on Thu Sep 13, 2001 3:11 am

I've never been to New York, so I've never seen the real twin towers.<P>------------------
Daniel Willingham
<A HREF="http://spacelosers.keenspace.com" TARGET=_blank>Space Losers</A>
Stinkywigfiddle
Cartoon Hero

Postby Prison on Thu Sep 13, 2001 5:37 am

You got to see them? Awe your so lucky. I would have loved to have seen them.
Prison
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 487 on Thu Sep 13, 2001 7:29 am

It gets more interesting. Some people with fraudulant pilots licenses were arrested. Supposedly, some pilots' uniforms had turned up missing, and were found being worn by the suspects. But I couldn't find a reference to that anywhere.<P>Here's the link: <A HREF="http://www.msnbc.com/news/628563_asp.htm" TARGET=_blank>http://www.msnbc.com/news/628563_asp.htm</A>
ZOMBIE USER 487
Regular Poster

Postby Prison on Fri Sep 14, 2001 7:05 am

Whats kinda upsetting is when I watch movies or play video games and u see the trade center in shots of New York....
Prison
Regular Poster

Postby Yakuza on Sat Sep 15, 2001 1:20 am

Indeed. Play a little Max Payne, the towers are there in the graphic artwork, incredibly huge and taller than anything else. Its going to be very strange to look at the NYC skyline and not see those buildings.<P>Some people might think me morbid, but at this point the only thing going through my mind is revenge for this attack. We have been taking TOO MUCH SHIT from these terrorist cells, and I think some just, bloody retribution is what the doctor ordered. Eye for an eye, blood for blood. In a recent radio brodcast, the "Supreme Leader" of the Taliban government of Afghanistan said <P>"Now, the third empire of the world wants to impose an attack on us," he said. "As you know better, it is not because of Osama bin Laden. This is the demonization of Islam."<P>He goes on further to defend bin Laden as an honest man. This kind of political manipulation makes me sick to my stomach. Some people shy away at the thought of taking the lives of more people in the defense of freedom, but this is war. People die in the fight against evil. I think we should have dropped a nuke on the last known location of Osama bin Laden the INSTANT those towers collapsed.<P>But, thats just me. When we finally start to carpet bomb Kabul, I'll be watching CNN with a beer and popcorn.<P>-Yak<P>excuse the smiley face. This is NOT a laughing matter. <P>
<p>[This message has been edited by Yakuza (edited 09-15-2001).]
Yakuza

Postby Great Monkey God on Sat Sep 15, 2001 6:34 am

I think they're gona rebuild it. Better than ever! With some kind of monument for everyone who died, or something like that. They always have monuments or statues for stuff like that. <P>------------------
What are YOU looking at?
Great Monkey God
Regular Poster

Postby Yakuza on Mon Sep 17, 2001 1:02 am

Most likely they'll leave the area flattened and build a monument or shrine to those who died. Do you have any idea how BIG those towers were?! 50,000 people worked in those damn things! Over 100 stories tall! They've been there since the late 60's I think, its gonna take maybe 10 years to rebuild them, IF that. <P>If anyone is an architect and can correct me, please do. But from the construction projects that have been goin on in Los Angeles over the past 10 years or so, its taken an enormously long time to complete relatively small projects..<P>Anyway, a rebuild of the WTC is not likely at all, I'm afraid.<P>-Yak
Yakuza

Postby Michelle on Mon Sep 17, 2001 3:53 am

I wanna see the trade centers now. Nobody ever told me they were that cool before.
Michelle
Regular Poster

Postby Prison on Mon Sep 17, 2001 6:07 am

I kinda think they they will rebuild them, mabey not in the same place, but some where, and where the trade center was, a list of the names of all the people, citizens and rescue workers, that were killed by the falling towers and destroyed planes.<P>but who knows if they will build them or not.<P>I rented parasite eve, the movie at the intro of the game starts out looking at the head of the statue of liberty and pans down to see the trade centers....
Prison
Regular Poster

Postby Yakuza on Tue Sep 18, 2001 1:35 am

Bah. Nobody CARED about the towers before. people only start to care about something after its gone and can never be attained. The towers were impressive, true, but not something to make you go "ooooooh" and "ahhhhhh" over, like the Parthenon. After you had seen them, you would have said "Oh, wow. That's cool." And then would have turned your attention elsewhere. Thats what everyone else I've ever met did, including a group of 100 students from UCLA, no less. Want to see something truly amazing, go to Rome and see the Parthenon, now THATS something to ooh and ahh over. <P>-Yak
Yakuza

Return to Life on Forbez