Page 1 of 2

well, crap... anyone got a free month?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:58 am
by Blackaby
Viger might not be able to do her comic in time (which is scheduled to start in a month). Does anyone who frequents here have the time to do a storyline (I've got a few lying around) and have it done in a month? As usual, it'll be about 8 pages including the cover page. Can be on pretty much anything if you have something special you want done.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:47 am
by LibertyCabbage
Well, considering that I've been wanting to do a Blackaby issue and I'm outta school in a week, sure, why not? =D

Hit me up with a script and I'll get started on it once I finish up my Cornstalker sampler, which I'm almost done with.

I've got a lotta shit to do for English class this week so I don't need the script right away.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:50 am
by Mr. Caravaggio
Wee, beat me.


Viger doesn't have time? There'll be quite a few more guest artists than regular artists comics here soon. :P

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:34 pm
by LibertyCabbage
Well Mr. C, if you wanna color it, it'd save me a lot of time and effort.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:56 pm
by Blackaby
Actually you two would make a freaky awesome team in a hallucinogenic way.

I want to write a story on the adventures of Habibette & Sir Blackery - something a bit like LC's ol' favourite, Happy Noodle Boy. If y'all have any ideas, do tell. I'd like to pry inside Habib's head and see exactly how wanky he is.

I have an idea for a cover page with Habibette on a pony saying, "MY PONY IS MAGICAL" with little anime eyes. Also, stars and lovehearts.

God, poor Habib. I really treat him like shit. Hehehehe.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:19 pm
by LibertyCabbage
I get it! A comic made by Habib!

What a magnificent idea!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:22 pm
by Mr. Caravaggio
Can it be colored in blood and kool-aid stains then?

Maybe, as usual, me likey to see scripty. I'm too scared to think abuot how Habib's mind works to contribute much myself. :(

Dare I ask what happy noodle boy is?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:59 pm
by LibertyCabbage
Mr. Caravaggio wrote:Dare I ask what happy noodle boy is?


Happy Noodle Boy is awesome.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:04 pm
by Mr. Caravaggio
*googles*

Huh, I still haven't read JtHM. :shucks:

edt:
So do you have a story or three like you mentioned or are you going to write the new one you mentioned? If I do agree to color can I experiment epileptic lemur like or do I have to play nice?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:35 am
by Blackaby
I don't have a script, so I'm hoping the both of you can help me think of an adventure. I'm trying to think of a fairy tale I can corrupt into a Habib-ish version.

Experiment like an epileptic lemur.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:28 am
by Mr. Caravaggio
Habib seems like such an awkward guy, maybe a little comparison / contrast to the whole anne rice / picadili image of a vampire as a romantic aristocrat.

Or as we call them here, euro-trash-vamps. XD :P

er...

Anyway. Habib could always go back home to good ole' bagdhad, find that saddam has converted his once elegant palace intoa hive of gaudy cheap pimp taste before it finally gets turned into a smoldering crater by marines looking for gold.

Maybe he can spend a few pages having to be all reserved at work and all before closing, heading up to london and then set up a soap box in serpentine park (happy noodle soap) before giving a grand oration stream of conciousness kidn of ramble. God knows about what.

Although now that I think abuot it. LC's idea of a Habib made comic could be fun since I just remembered he works in a comic book store. It could be about a bluish deamon with red hair named bluedaddy that is heroic and strong and always confidant.

Colored in blood and kool aid stains of course, with the occasional smashed bug and coffee cup stain on the page.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:29 am
by LibertyCabbage
Mr. Caravaggio wrote:Although now that I think abuot it. LC's idea of a Habib made comic


I thought that was Blackaby's main idea in the first place.

Basically, a highly self-indulgent fantasy of Habib's where his dream for Blackaby's affection comes true.


Idea: The opening sequence could be a host of uber-wealthy princes and kings offering Habibette ridiculously lavish gifts in exchange for her hand in marriage, but she replies, "I'm sorry, but my heart is for only one man ... Sir Blackery!"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:55 am
by Blackaby
hehe. Caravaggio - reference'd

http://blackaby.comicgenesis.com/d/20060128.html

I'm down with the princes lining up for Habibette's hand in marriage and the like... I'm trying to think of subtle gay jokes that will get past my parents but be quite comprehensible toe veryone else.

Habib seems like such an awkward guy, maybe a little comparison / contrast to the whole anne rice / picadili image of a vampire as a romantic aristocrat.


Hehe. That's the opening to Viger's newish one.

Also, I'm totally down with that baghdad pimpthing. I've got to fit that in somewhere. Aahhahah.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:35 am
by LibertyCabbage
I just thought of this ... going for a more pre-teen girl kinda thing rather than homosexual overtones. Although it'd be fun to work those in, too.

Page 1 cover: "MY PONY IS MAGICAL" thing

Page 2: " The opening sequence could be a host of uber-wealthy princes and kings offering Habibette ridiculously lavish gifts in exchange for her hand in marriage, but she replies, "I'm sorry, but my heart is for only one man ... Sir Blackery!" "

Page 3: [caption: "Later that day...] Habibette is trapped in a cave guarded by a cutesy dragon. Habibette: "Oh, no! This evil dragon has taken me as its prisoner!" "Somebody, rescue me! Please!" Then Sir Blackery shows up (he should probably be riding a horse but I don't really wanna draw horses >_> ) all valiantly and he's all like, "Fear not, my Habibette! I will save you from this villainous creature!" and Habibette says all happy-like "Sir Blackery!!"

Page 4: The cutesy dragon looks all tough and it breathes fire on Sir Blackery which doesn't do anything. "Your fiery powers are nothing compared to my unmatched strength and courage!" and then he stabs the dragon w/ his sword (or maybe just clubs it with a mace or somethign) and it flies away. Habibette: "My hero!"

Page 5: They're walking/riding (on a rainbow?)/something and Habibette's like, "Thank you so much for freeing me from that terrible beast!" and Blackery would say, "Alas! I am not a man to back down when the fairest maiden in the land is in harm's way!" Habibette blushes, "*giggle* Oh, Sir Blackery, you flatter me so!" They stare at each other all pre-kiss like and then off-panel is a cry "Somebody, help us!"

Page 6: There's an ugly ogre/giant attacking some children who are in the middle of some field for some reason. Habibette: "Look! The children are being attacked by a giant! What will we do?" Blackery (to the giant): "Cease your foul ways, Giant, or face the wrath of Sir Blackery!" Blackery swipes his weapon at it, but nothing happens. The Giant knocks him to the ground. Blackery: "The Giant is too powerful!"

Page 7: Habibette: "Magical Rainbow Sparkle Transformation!" all shiny and dramatic like. Then she suddenly turns into some magical girl warrior. "I'm Sailor Beautiful, and I'm gonna teach that nasty Giant some manners!" Sailor Beautiful shoots some sparkly stuff from her palm and says, "Ultra Heart Universe Attack!" and it hits the Giant and the Giant's like, "Argh! Me run away!" and then some random kid is like, "Wow, Sailor Beautiful! You are awesome!"

Page 8: [caption: Habibette and Sir Blackery went on many adventures and became very famous. Then they got married and built a lovely cottage in the countryside. They had many children and lived happily ever after.]
(picture of ridiculously cutesy sparkly pink cottage)
[caption: The End!]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:21 am
by Mr. Caravaggio
LibertyCabbage wrote:Page 1 cover: "MY PONY IS MAGICAL" thing

Can it be a unicorn? With a really long horn?

LibertyCabbage wrote:"I'm sorry, but my heart is for only one man ... Sir Blackery!"

I'm sorry but this has porn music written all over it... :p

LibertyCabbage wrote:Then Sir Blackery shows up (he should probably be riding a horse but I don't really wanna draw horses >_> )


Could it be Wolf? Maybe a lizard.

LibertyCabbage wrote:Page 4: The cutesy dragon looks all tough and it breathes fire on Sir Blackery which doesn't do anything. "Your fiery powers are nothing compared to my unmatched strength and courage!" and then he stabs the dragon w/ his sword (or maybe just clubs it with a mace or somethign) and it flies away. Habibette: "My hero!"


Sprays mace in it's face while yelling "NO!", as taught in his self defence class?

LibertyCabbage wrote:Page 5: They're walking/riding (on a rainbow?)/something and Habibette's like, "Thank you so much for freeing me from that terrible beast!" and Blackery would say, "Alas! I am not a man to back down when the fairest maiden in the land is in harm's way!" Habibette blushes, "*giggle* Oh, Sir Blackery, you flatter me so!" They stare at each other all pre-kiss like and then off-panel is a cry "Somebody, help us!"


Waka-ch-waka-ch-waka-ch

LibertyCabbage wrote:Page 6: There's an ugly ogre/giant attacking some children who are in the middle of some field for some reason. Habibette: "Look! The children are being attacked by a giant! What will we do?" Blackery (to the giant): "Cease your foul ways, Giant, or face the wrath of Sir Blackery!" Blackery swipes his weapon at it, but nothing happens. The Giant knocks him to the ground. Blackery: "The Giant is too powerful!"


The Orgre/Giant of course has a scottish accent and a lisp, so it sounds more like "Ah, bahggary! I shell ate ya!"

LibertyCabbage wrote:Page 7: Habibette: "Magical Rainbow Sparkle Transformation!" all shiny and dramatic like. Then she suddenly turns into some magical girl warrior. "I'm Sailor Beautiful, and I'm gonna teach that nasty Giant some manners!" Sailor Beautiful shoots some sparkly stuff from her palm and says, "Ultra Heart Universe Attack!" and it hits the Giant and the Giant's like, "Argh! Me run away!" and then some random kid is like, "Wow, Sailor Beautiful! You are awesome!"


I wouldn't color this if you paid me...

LibertyCabbage wrote:Page 8: [caption: Habibette and Sir Blackery went on many adventures and became very famous. Then they got married and built a lovely cottage in the countryside. They had many children and lived happily ever after.]
(picture of ridiculously cutesy sparkly pink cottage)
[caption: The End!]


I take it they'll have name signs hanging off various cats and potted plants?



Hmmm. That's a weird one. It's good, but I stil want to fly over there and force Rachel to sit and write something before it gets to the point where LC and I might as well start our own gay vampire comic.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:32 am
by LibertyCabbage
It's really more of just a suggestion for Blackaby to work off of =/

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 9:13 pm
by Mr. Caravaggio
edt: also, I didn't mean to criticize, I just have a thing against most things sailer moon. I mean, most people do, but I'm almost incapable of even laughing of parodies of it...

So how are the juices flowing? Viger still indisposed?
There's one more week of finals for us, but I thought I'd ask anyway just to know if I should check back often.

Not like I don't anyway.

You can get early peeks here...


And I don't have much of anything else to do. :cry:

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 2:48 am
by Blackaby
Okay, no sailormoon, lol. Still, give me my pretty horsey. :D

Working on the juices. Will try to have something by the end of today. I'm kind of adapting myself around the style Viger set up with that page of comic I linked before. I have this kind of idea in my head that LC should handwrite the text - if that's okay.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 9:29 am
by LibertyCabbage
I could do it if you want, but note that I have really bad handwriting =x (as I'm sure is evident from the stuff I've done before I got into digital lettering.) I can draw horses/ponies too although it'd be tricky (but hey, no pain, no gain, eh?)

Also, the Sailor Moon gag was more of a joke on Habib's short attention span, since he goes from Damsel-In-Distress mode to Super-Magical-Warrior-Hero mode in an instant =x Although I don't care if it's in or not, and like I said I'm not really interesting in writing this.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 11:48 am
by Blackaby
Okay, maybe not the end of today. Gimmie another two days. Writing this is FUCKING HARD, Iv'e called in Cissy to assist.