KYAAAAAAAAA!!!

A place for the lovely people who fill up my tag board with their questions and pontifications

Postby Voyd on Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:02 am

Clouuuuuuuuuud!!! ^^ like the avie!!

she goes to our school toooooo hee ^^

yay for recruiting! :D
If I told you I was innocent, would you believe me?
Voyd
Cartoon Hero

Postby Ebility II on Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:07 am

I tried to recruit at our school, but so far? NONE.
The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive... or bastardized versions thereof.

"Heartless," James mutters, "cruel, unfeeling -- the dizziness is within my soul, Moony. She's given me a -- a disease, or something."
"Can't give you a disease if she always says no to a date," Sirius points out, pragmatically.

HARDEST OF CORE
Ebility II
Regular Poster

Postby Cloud7 on Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:57 am

I'm from Malaysia ^^ but I'm a Chinese Malaysian...not a Malay Malaysian...I hope that made much sense :S....

hey voooooooyd!!! I like my avie too ^^ it's purple !!! ...oh, how I wish to make it pink :P
chocolate makes you live longer XD
Cloud7
Regular Poster

Postby Tamari on Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:17 am

I'm back! I wonder what time it now is in America and Australia ^_^
My bike will be fine, it was not as expensive as I had feared. But I did loose extra money when I went to buy enveloppes. The store also had a book sale... I'm a sucker for book sales... *sigh* now I need a new bookcase.

That guy wrote:Moss's choir teacher changed her last name from 'Jansen' to 'Dalrymple' because it was her kids' last name.

Jansen is a very common Dutch name, something like Johnson in English. It's like son of Jan, which is a very very common name, even today. For example: I have three men called Jan in my family (two uncles and a nephew).

Dalrymple is a name I don't know. If you only listen to the pronouncuatiuon it would mean valley ripple/wrinkle in Dutch. ("Rimpel" in water is ripple, "rimpel" in someone's face is wrinkle)

Hi Cloud! Welcome to the forum ^_^ heheh this is like the blind leading the blind, I just joined too.
Tamari
Regular Poster

Postby Catlegend on Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:47 pm

OK, I think I have this figured, when you posted,
it was 5:17 am my time (West Coast America)
and about 10:17 pm (Australian time) (17 hours ahead of me)

Most the time 11:00pm - 12am my time the Australians start getting on. Which is about 4- 5 pm their time.

I think that's about right.
Catlegend
Cartoon Hero

Postby Ebility II on Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:53 pm

Nuuummbeeeeeerrrsss. D:
The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive... or bastardized versions thereof.

"Heartless," James mutters, "cruel, unfeeling -- the dizziness is within my soul, Moony. She's given me a -- a disease, or something."
"Can't give you a disease if she always says no to a date," Sirius points out, pragmatically.

HARDEST OF CORE
Ebility II
Regular Poster

Postby Rychon on Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:58 pm

cloud7 wrote:I'm from Malaysia ^^ but I'm a Chinese Malaysian...not a Malay Malaysian...I hope that made much sense :S....

hey voooooooyd!!! I like my avie too ^^ it's purple !!! ...oh, how I wish to make it pink :P

I'm Malay American XD ! Well, I'm a mutt, but mostly Malay. I tell people I'm Asian and they think I'm joking. :cry:

I can make it pink for you if you want. :) [Edit: I pinkified it. You can request pinker and I can probably adjust it. Or point me to a shade of pink and I can try to match it or come close. http://usera.imagecave.com/Rychon/cloud.jpg ]

I can probably also manage to get Snowy's crayon avi back. [edit: you can probably just use the http://isolatedgamer.com/forums/images/ ... e90aab.gif link for it. If not, there's other solutions but that's fastest.]

My name is pathetically common. There's a girl in my jazz band who has the exact same name as me first AND last.
Last edited by Rychon on Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm bored.
Rychon
Cartoon Hero

Postby Cloud7 on Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:27 pm

the URL says that "file not found. we're sorry! Either the user account or the file doesn't exist." :( pink......I want it to be pink...let me try changing it pink ^^

same name first AND last? that's scary...:o what about the middle name?
Cloud7
Regular Poster

Postby Rychon on Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:32 pm

Sorry, the ] got included in the url. Should be find now.

No, we have different middle names, since mine is at least uncommon. They had to make the program kind of obnoxious in order to differenciate. But for that I'd have to actually give my name, which I won't :P
I'm bored.
Rychon
Cartoon Hero

Postby Tamari on Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:33 pm

Rychon: That's so freaky, same first and last name :o

Moss: I posted at 15.17, so it was 5:17 your time (West Coast America)
and about 22:17 (Australian time)

Hmm, I think that's the same day, since Austalia is east of me (the sun passes them first) and your west of me (the sun passes you later)

So in Australia it is 7 hours later and in America it is 10 hours earlier? :o I'm confused, I thought I had only 6 hours difference with east coast america, is it 4 hours between east and west coast?
Last edited by Tamari on Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tamari
Regular Poster

Postby Catlegend on Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:36 pm

yes, but what day was it?
Catlegend
Cartoon Hero

Postby Rychon on Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:38 pm

Well, probably doesn't help that they're two of the most common names you could think of.
I'm bored.
Rychon
Cartoon Hero

Postby Tamari on Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:40 pm

Moss: what day? It was saterday here.

Um, oh I figured one thing out: We just entered day-light saving time, so there's one hour I didn't figure in my calculation... So one hour less sifference with America and one hour more with Australia, that brings it to 9 hours to America and 8 hours to Australia
Tamari
Regular Poster

Postby Tamari on Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:43 pm

Rychon wrote:Well, probably doesn't help that they're two of the most common names you could think of.

Jane Doe? The name they give unidentified victims of horrid crimes? (I watch too many movies :P )
Tamari
Regular Poster

Postby Catlegend on Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:08 am

I'm an enyclopedia of movie ^^ I know all sorts of stuff.
Catlegend
Cartoon Hero

Postby Tamari on Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:12 am

You even knew Pavlov ^_^ although he wasn't really a psychologist, he was a biologist :D
Tamari
Regular Poster

Postby Cloud7 on Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:18 am

Pavlov?! who's that?

thanks rychon! *hug* oo~~ the pinkness ^^ this oughta annoy some people a bit though...heh...it ain't that bad ^^

are you able to do it to a brighter pink?
Cloud7
Regular Poster

Postby Tamari on Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:40 am

Pavlov

He was a biologist who did research to the ability in animals to connect cause and effect. For instance, he had testdog in his laboratory. the dog's saliva glands were wired to measurement equipment so that they could tell when he started to produce that. At first the dog only reacted when there was food in sight or smell. Then Pavlov started ringing a bell a few minutes before the food was brought in. After some time the dog already started producing saliva when it was only the bell and no food followed. Even if it was not even dinner time.

So Pavlov concluded that the dog could be learned to associate the bell with the food. ^_^ The dog could learn to draw conclusions from experience. It probably thought that the food was the effect of the bell.

Humans also do that. When you see a fire you know it's hot, since you probably burned yourself on it when you were little. But with humans it's not just our own experience, we have language and can teach eachother things. Even sayings like "where there's smoke, there's fire" are ways to pass on information that's important and born out of experience of those before us.

Humans aren't the only ones by the way. Apes teach eachother things, even if they have never experienced it themselves. And even birds share information (for example in England, how to open milk bottles *grins*)

Anyway, I'm going way too far here! Just ignore me :P
Tamari
Regular Poster

Postby Cloud7 on Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:03 am

heh, just a bit far...but it's fine! I learn something new everyday! thanks for the fine introduction of Pavlov! ^^
Cloud7
Regular Poster

Postby Rychon on Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:35 pm

He's the dude with the dogs, right? (I'm too lazy to read all of that. Maybe later)

I might be able to make it brighter. All I really did was change the hue.
I'm bored.
Rychon
Cartoon Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Cat Legend