The Infamous Babble Thread.

A place for the lovely people who fill up my tag board with their questions and pontifications

The Infamous Babble Thread.

Postby Catlegend on Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:18 pm

Talk about anything and everything here. Please follow the rules of the board, however. Have at! :D
Last edited by Catlegend on Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Catlegend
Cartoon Hero

Postby TehHarper on Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:46 pm

Yay for useless spamming

This board is good. I shall make an avatar. Glee!

My tounge is bleeding, because I ate sour skittles. Not even half a tiny pouch of them either. Just a few. It is rather hurts.

Also, I found a dead vole! I'm going to somehow get the bones after it decomposes. Yayness.

And tommarow is tuesday, yay!
TehHarper
Regular Poster

Location: Upper USA, where it snows and burns at various times in the week

Postby Fundevogel on Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:52 pm

Good luck with that. Sometime last year I found a dead bat but it was so tiny and fragile that it decomposed into a ball of fur. Not to sound callous, that's just what happened.
Fundevogel

Postby Catlegend on Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:22 am

prally just easier to get an owl pellet.
Catlegend
Cartoon Hero

Postby Ebility Deranged on Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:11 am

I already told you about the dead hare, didn't I? THAT WAS SO COOL :D :D
I owe Moss a boon.

The Matrix caught an STD. D:
Ebility Deranged
Cartoon Hero

Postby Catlegend on Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:11 am

I remember :)
Catlegend
Cartoon Hero

Postby Ebility Deranged on Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:12 am

Cute little thing's tounge turned from brigh pink to grey each day we drove past it :D
I owe Moss a boon.

Ebility Deranged
Cartoon Hero

Postby Voyd on Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:53 am

soooooooooooo i take it we're talking about dead things, eh?

well then - when we were doing the drama performance in term one (heh, if you've read my enormous rant on the tag about it - sorry bout that Moss - then you know the one im talking about. if not.... spare yourself and dont ask, as i will tell you of it, at great length, if you do ask. you have been warned) we found these two massive mice (and no they werent rats, i know the difference. these were mice, damnit) right outside the building and the teacher made us go and clean it up :roll: what a wuss :wink:
If I told you I was innocent, would you believe me?
Voyd
Cartoon Hero

Postby Marggarg on Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:47 am

Oooooo, dead things. For the life of me (heh), I find them interesting. In part it's because of the whole love of osteology. One of the best classes I took in college was human osteology. At one point, I could tell you what quadrent of a mouth a tooth came from. At the very least, I know the great majoring of the names of the bones in the body. The tarpals and carpals are still a smidge confussing -.-' And my prof didn't want us to try and identify most of the ribs. It's really a size thing with most of them anyway. And I love the bones in the skull. Mmmm, skulls...

Ok, I have talked far too much about this :oops:
<a href="http://fellowfreaks.keenspace.com/">Fellow Freaks</a>
Marggarg
Regular Poster

Postby Catlegend on Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:52 am

We actually got to poke a cadavar ( I love the way that saying rolls off the tongue) in my bio class. I thought all was well in good, but when they poppes open the top of his head I had to sit for a spell. :oops:
Catlegend
Cartoon Hero

Postby Sharontherose on Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:27 am

When we moved back to the house we'd been renting out for several years, we opened the chimney flue and two long-dead squirrels fell out. And when I was a kid, we had gerbils at my daycare, and one of their babies jumped off the table and died. We had a funeral for it.
Sharontherose
Regular Poster

Postby Sharontherose on Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:34 am

I'm off to get my hair colored for FREE!!! WOOT!

Laterz.
Sharontherose
Regular Poster

Postby Voyd on Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:33 pm

Have you ever had a cut (like on your hand or something) and when it bled, you licked/sucked it and had everyone around you going 'groooooss!'?

it's really strange, even though that's probably the best thing you can do for a cut until you can put a band-aid on it or something, everyone thinks its gross.
i personally like the taste of blood.. its quite unlike anything else really - but not to the extent that id bite other people/maim myself to get it. when the opportunity arises ^^ (and no im not one of those people who think they're a vampire >_< schwaaaa)
Voyd
Cartoon Hero

Postby Ryuko on Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:17 pm

I do that. It's easier to keep it clean and it doesn't waste precious iron. I don't much like the taste, but I can deal with it.
Ryuko
Cartoon Hero

Postby Fundevogel on Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:19 pm

Voyd wrote:Have you ever had a cut (like on your hand or something) and when it bled, you licked/sucked it and had everyone around you going 'groooooss!'?

maybe that's something you just have to do in private, like clipping your toenails.
Fundevogel

Postby Marggarg on Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:26 pm

The saliva will actually help clean the cut and help it heal better. That's why cuts in the mouth heal so quickly (provided that you stop yourself from playing with it). It really is natural instinct to suck on wounds a little bit. So those other people who think it's gross are just denying their instincts! I also enjoy the taste of blood but that's probably just an instinct thing too.

All this biology talk makes me happy ^^
<a href="http://fellowfreaks.keenspace.com/">Fellow Freaks</a>
Marggarg
Regular Poster

Postby Catlegend on Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:31 pm

oh, go suck on a penny :P
:)
Catlegend
Cartoon Hero

Postby TehHarper on Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:56 pm

I hate metal taste and therefore blood taste. Biting a cut and licking is good, because it cleans the wound, gives me another sensation to distract me (the feeling of teeth) and keeps me from swearing and hissing.
TehHarper
Regular Poster

Location: Upper USA, where it snows and burns at various times in the week

Postby Ebility Deranged on Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:42 pm

Yeah, I agree with Voyd. I'd lick a cut, but not to the extent of biting someone.
I owe Moss a boon.

Ebility Deranged
Cartoon Hero

Postby Voyd on Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:41 pm

I like a sort of metallic taste, but not all of them... i have two keys on a keychain (no duh :roll: ) and they're both the same age etc, but i like the taste of one and hate the taste of the other... strange... O.o

anyway, if you get cut, you're not exactly going to wait until there's no-one else around you until you do something about it...

heh, i dont mind the sight of blood at all, mostly because i get blood noses quite often, and everyone else is like 'OMG, go to the sickroom' and i just say 'uuuuuuuhh... right.' and go to the bathroom to wait for it to finish. the sickroom cant do anything anyway and i hate the way they treat you like a little kid. IM OLD ENOUGH TO CLEAN THE BLOOD OFF MY OWN FACE PEOPLE!!!! geez......
so many teachers get freaked out when i suddenly get up and walk to their desk with all this blood on my hands and say (quite calmly) 'can i please go to the bathroom?' ^^ and then its usually over within a few minutes, so its all good ^^
yes, i love grossing people out with blood and such. who doesn't?
Voyd
Cartoon Hero

Next

Return to Cat Legend