Having Friends as Comic Characters

A chibi webcomic based on a video game involving a psychotic final boss, a clueless kid from the real world, and game sprites who don't know what to do with either of them.

Having Friends as Comic Characters

Postby DarkButterfly137 on Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:14 am

Hi everyone! =^.^= If there's something that I've always thought that's great bout creating your own comics is that you can include your friends in them! Like Prime Evil, I know some of th characters such as Cassandra, Gareth, David, and Davis. If you have any comments on the characters or just want to say hello, drop a comment. See ya!
DarkButterfly137

Postby Penthesilea on Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:09 am

Hee... Good call, Audrey. I think we'll get more people posting as soon as we link it to the new layout. @_@ Whenever that will be... *hug*
<a href="http://herodoll.keenspace.com" target-="blank">Prime Evil, Inc.</a>
Penthesilea

Postby Banov on Mon Jul 04, 2005 6:14 pm

I sort of include friends in my own comic.....well, their names, at least :P
Banov
Regular Poster

I totally agree

Postby LadyMoonyTGP on Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:19 pm

I love encluding my friends in fanfiction stories and stuff like that. What better way to pay homage to those that mean so much to you, right? :P
LadyMoonyTGP

Postby Penthesilea on Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:56 pm

'xactly why we did it. :) Welcome to the forums, by the way.
<a href="http://herodoll.keenspace.com" target-="blank">Prime Evil, Inc.</a>
Penthesilea

Postby LowMan on Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:51 am

I did something similar in my comic.....but it didn't turn out quite as successiful as this one seems to be! The biggest problem with adding friends to your comics is that you don't know what will happen down the line. People fall out and stuff like that and if that person is a main character in your comic...well, problems insue!

My problems were that I added people I didn't REALLY know and they either changed or disappeared, and the simple fact that one day you find out that your only audience is the people that are in your comic!

Tho this comic doesn't seem to be going the same way as you give the impression that you guys are pretty tight....so that's cool! ^_^
LowMan

Postby Kenji on Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:52 am

Using your friends' personalities as a basis for characters seems to have worked very well in your case. Some writers who use their real life acquitances just mock some of their quirks and come out with very one dimensional characters. Your characters seem to come very much to life though. Judging by their personalities, you have some very interesting friends. :-P

Gareth rules!
Kenji

Return to Prime Evil