Hey YOU!!! I'm expecting a LOT!!!!

If you were exiled to the armpit of America, wouldn't you want to be somewhere else as well?

Hey YOU!!! I'm expecting a LOT!!!!

Postby Catgirldo on Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:15 pm

Jason,
This is CAT... I'm expecting a lot out of you... You said you have a big annoucement and I started a thread on the general discussion Forum on Comic Genesis...
Hey I don't know what it is but With your ability and Talent I'm hoping this is when you FINALLY get noticed...
(I mean... if the syndicates noticed ME... you're IN!)
Still I know it might be something of a personal nature... like you're having Lasik or something ... and honestly... if that's it... I'll be happy for you... Really.... <grumble>
Oh well... I have to slave away at my crummy strip now trying to remember to include TWO arm and TWO legs on my characters... (You'd be surprised how often I forget to... aw skip it...)
Already congradulating you...

CAT
Catgirldo
Regular Poster

Postby Anywherebuthere on Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:24 pm

Well, as I've said before...ABH is not intended for syndicates. It's just too...raw for them.

And it's DULL, I mean DULL....and if THIS is too raw, that should tell you something about the syndicates.

But it's far bigger then Lasic.

The news goes live at midnight tonight

And thanks.

-Jason
Anywherebuthere
Cartoon Hero

Postby Salad Hayes on Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:18 am

Well, let me be the first to congratulate you, Jason on your successes. I have to wonder, though, how the paper will accomodate your mega-strips. Perhaps entire issues will be devoted to nothing but Guardian Devil or The Tempest?

Anyway, more luck to you.
Salad Hayes
Regular Poster

Postby Egarwaen on Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:50 am

Awesome! Both the print collections and the MTF move!
Egarwaen

Postby Alschroeder on Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:28 am

Congrats, and well deserved! (on BOTH counts.) ---Al
http://mindmistress.comicgenesis.com--MINDMISTRESS
---Think the superhero genre is mined out? Think all the superhero ideas have been done?
Think again.
Also check out http://www.webcomicsnation.com/alschroeder/flickerflame/series.php--Flickerflame</a>
Alschroeder
Regular Poster

Postby Anywherebuthere on Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:28 am

I'm "moving" the news here. I figure 2 days is enough to bask in the warm glow that is extrodinarly limited sucess.

Well, I promised you big news, and here it is:

Anywhere But Here is seeing print. Starting the Week of January 23rd, Anywhere But Here will be appearing in the High Plains Reader. An Alternative paper with a reach of about 50,000 people. So, I'm hoping that the readership will see a nice little boost. They'll be recieving "Lost Years" strips, or the first TWO YEARS of backstory that I have yet to actually write....which is good for you, because that means I'll be doing 10 strips a week, as opposed to my normal...er...yeah. Well there will be five more strips on my plate.

Secondly....

The BIG big news...I have been seduced by the dark side, and more importantly, by tasty Peach Cobbler. I HOPE I can come out with this now, and if I wound up jumping the gun, well I hope the powers that be can forgive me.

Anywhere But Here is joining Modern Tales. That's right, Eric Burns swooned me with sweet words and even sweeter cobbler. Starting in Feburary, I'll be a full member of the brand-spankin-new Modern Tales Free website.
Anywherebuthere
Cartoon Hero

Postby Casualnotice on Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:34 am

Hmm...thought I said gratz...can't find the message...must not have. Gratz Jason and good luck!
Casualnotice
Regular Poster

Return to Anywhere But Here