June 1 2005

If you were exiled to the armpit of America, wouldn't you want to be somewhere else as well?

June 1 2005

Postby Anywherebuthere on Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:19 am

Looks like there's a slight hiccup with the server this morning. There's a slight backlog of comics...well more then a "slight".

I'm hoping that the strip will be updated sometime today.
Anywherebuthere
Cartoon Hero

Postby Tangent on Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:12 am

It's updated. *snicker*

I have to admit, if I had a girl after me, even if I were interested, I'd not be in the mood after she yelled at me like that. :D

Doesn't help that our hero is either clueless, too honorable for his own good (ie, doesn't want to "take advantage of her"), or is being idiotic because of his personal moral code (ie, doesn't want to sleep with her because she's trying to affirm who and what she is by sleeping with him).

*shiftyeyes* Oh oh... looks like I just found another comic I can speculate massively about... *wry grin*
Robert A. Howard

Tangents

Save Clan of the Cats! This fantastic web-comic needs your help to stay alive! Even "just" reading the comic helps. Go to the web-site to learn more. :)
Tangent
Regular Poster

Postby Tears on Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:46 am

I'm going with a combination of cluelessness and morals.
I've met a couple of guys in my life who were pro women's rights and prided themselves on keeping control of their emotions because it's wrong to take advantage etc etc, but they were very confused when I pointed out that that isn't always what women want, they were working on the assumption that all women would always feel degraded by a man being sexually interested in them. Sweet but wrong.
Anyway I get the impression that our hero is approximately in that mold.
Warning: this poster is addicted to ellipses...

I have a web comic called Tears of Eternity if you don't look you'll never know if you would have liked it.
Tears
Regular Poster

Postby Anywherebuthere on Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:31 am

Or maybe, just maybe he....

...nah, why ruin it, just keep reading.
Anywherebuthere
Cartoon Hero

Postby Dotty on Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:33 am

Heh. He's taking it rather well. If some girl yelled at me like that, I'd yell back twice as loud =D
Caught in the headlamp glare of your own blinding vanity/Mesmerised by the stare of your shallow personality
Gorging the junk food of flattery you drag your fat ego around/Everyone floored by the battering you give to whoever's around
Oh Narcissus you petulant child admiring yourself in the curve of my eyes/Oh Narcissus you angel beguiled unsated by self you do nothing but die
Dotty
Cartoon Hero

Postby Anywherebuthere on Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:56 am

Well...all I can say is "keep reading".

Fridays is quite a strip. In fact Friday's strip is about a WEEKS worth of strips crammed together, because if I drew this out ya'll would kill me.
Anywherebuthere
Cartoon Hero

Return to Anywhere But Here