Daily Strip Discussion

PatchworkEveryone's a hero in their own forums. And in their favorite forums. Alright, fine, maybe just in this forum. Shush.
Juron Pilo
Regular Poster

Post by Juron Pilo »

HAH! :wink:

Tinkerbell
Regular Poster

Post by Tinkerbell »

*pokes Juron* Damn you and your right-ness. (I'd actually forgotten/not realised Lockdown was killed x_x Damn, do I ever read too many webcomics).

So now we have an alternate time-line where Lucky goes over the edge (which seems distinctly improbable to me...) and joins Lockdown... wonder what the good doctor did to bring that about...

Tink

Siress Commander Tinkerbell Nickmaker, the Pokingfu Knight, of the Order of Tinkinators!

... much ph34¬

Juron Pilo
Regular Poster

Post by Juron Pilo »

Hehe, few years of webcomic experience and some logic classes have given me some uncanny plot precognition powers. I shoulda have commented on the fact that the reality manipulation was to the past though. Oh well, I would have gotten that if I had bothered with recursive edits. Better not draw from the well of talent anymore for a bit, I'm expecting a drought(school sucks... must finish final projectX.x). XD

edit: Heh, looks like you poked out my eyes. Ooh... I like that last one though. :eyebrow:

Tinkerbell
Regular Poster

Post by Tinkerbell »

But I have a few years' experience of webcomics and I'm one of the highest scorers in my logic classes (despite repeatedly falling asleep in my lectures - what sort of stupid philosophy department runs lectures at 10 on a Monday morning?! >_<).

But I *like* today's page. It amuses me greatly...

Shall we have a sweepstake on the time period of that time-shot? I'm guessing the next in-comic spring (yellow flowers on the dresser in the corner - daffodils? In the present, they're red, which suggests a later time of year).

Tink

Siress Commander Tinkerbell Nickmaker, the Pokingfu Knight, of the Order of Tinkinators!

... much ph34¬

Artificer-urza
Regular Poster

Post by Artificer-urza »

But we aren't looking into the past or future, just into an alternate reality. That means we're looking into the 'present' of another world. It is possible that certain realities advance at different rates of time, so I could be wrong.
Check out my wbecomic, Starlight Chronicles: http://starlight-chronicles.smackjeeves.com/

ArkKMS
Regular Poster

Post by ArkKMS »

Want I see the current comic is as a shot into the future, with this event being the catalyst that Lucky and Nadia need to get together. They would make a cute couple.
I don't know why people trust me. I don't think they should.

Kasaii
Regular Poster

Post by Kasaii »

Alright, I'm going to pop in with speculation-fodder, which is for forumites only! Yay!

All of the 'alternate realities' that are, have been, or will be displayed are 'what ifs'. They are going to be What Ifs of varying degrees of likelihood (at least one upcoming one is way the hell out the other side of probability), but each are based on one or more events in the past having resolved differently. If you can spot what the change is, you can usually figure out what caused everything to be different.

For a freebie, I will give you a hint, and it will be referenced in future comics - before the reality bubble, Lucky and Mayfly are suited up and heading out. In the reality bubble, only Lucky is suited up, and Nadia is wishing him luck.

(I am a terrible speculation-feeder. ;) )
"Consistancy is the hobgoblin of little minds."
Patchwork Champions. Note to self: You cannot read by laserlight.

Tinkerbell
Regular Poster

Post by Tinkerbell »

*pokes Kasai* Damn you and your hinting! Come read my comic so I can hint mysteriously at you! >_< ^_--

Aannnyway, now we have alien invaders as well....

and hang on, could it possibly be that at some point Mayfly's suit will become unusable/detached from her, hence yesterday's reality?

Tink

... much ph34¬

ArkKMS
Regular Poster

Post by ArkKMS »

I still think that these looks into the other realities will effect our heroes. I guess i'm just a big 'NadiaLucky' shipper, but still. Hey Yetiman, maybe you should let some fancomics be the 'other realities. You chould have made a cool contest for that.

Juron Pilo
Regular Poster

Post by Juron Pilo »

Your using the "alternate realities" as aspects of "alternate timeline" approach? Problem is, if we consider time as part of reality, then that theory is pretty meaningless. Of course, a true alternate reality shouldn't have alternate events or objects, but entirely alternate physics and variables. So again, being in an alternate timeline makes more sense for these reality bubbles.

In other words, an alternate reality wouldn't have x=3 instead of x=5, it'd have y=11. The underlying formulas of the universe would also be different(so even my use of equality there would be questionable).

Artificer-urza
Regular Poster

Post by Artificer-urza »

Not quite as confusing as time-travel, but it certainly ranks up there
Check out my wbecomic, Starlight Chronicles: http://starlight-chronicles.smackjeeves.com/

Juron Pilo
Regular Poster

Post by Juron Pilo »

At least theres no paradoxes possible, well unless something screws up.

Artificer-urza
Regular Poster

Post by Artificer-urza »

This could be like Crisis on Infinite Earths, if alternate realities start mixing and multiple instances of the same person exist in the same timeline...

Tinkerbell
Regular Poster

Post by Tinkerbell »

Okay, I may be being terminally stupid here, but who's the fifth guy (the one in white and red at the back) with the Patchwork Champions in today's page? Is it Lucky's dad - I thought he wasn't coming? He's not there in the first panel, so I'm guessing he's not Malefico staff...

EDIT: Okay, I suck, it's the pizza guy. Forgot about him...

What're the current odds on a surprise twist where he's a hero too?

Tink

... much ph34¬

Juron Pilo
Regular Poster

Post by Juron Pilo »

Thats hilarious.

ArkKMS
Regular Poster

Post by ArkKMS »

Thats interesting, how the characters can move while the bubbles are happening, but the zombies could not attack. I wonder if there was alot of bumping into each other or somehting.

Juron Pilo
Regular Poster

Post by Juron Pilo »

Heh, I gotta say, Patchwork champions had a rocky start to be honest, but your recent strips have been great. That was funny, good job :D.

Tinkerbell
Regular Poster

Post by Tinkerbell »

To today's page, I can only say: Guh?! Buh?! WHA?! Damn Lucky and his getting lucky.... ^_--

Guest comic on its way as soon as I find time...

Tink

... much ph34¬

ArkKMS
Regular Poster

Post by ArkKMS »

I guess my comic could be a guest comic. As for lucky, now we know what his 'other' lucky power is. Heh heh

Artificer-urza
Regular Poster

Post by Artificer-urza »

There does not appear to be a strip today, even though you say there is.