Daily Strip Discussion

PatchworkEveryone's a hero in their own forums. And in their favorite forums. Alright, fine, maybe just in this forum. Shush.
Kasaii
Regular Poster

Daily Strip Discussion

Post by Kasaii »

A bunch got wiped out when Buzzcomix went offline, so here's the new thread for your general discussions. :)
"Consistancy is the hobgoblin of little minds."
Patchwork Champions. Note to self: You cannot read by laserlight.

Sian
Regular Poster

Post by Sian »

Wondered what Kasaii was doing over there in the corner. Very climactic, I must say. Nothing like suddenly realizing the enemy's full hand when encountering them, although I have confidance that Delemonte will have some backup plan. Can't wait to see how this one plays out. Hope Friv & Co. arn't too damaged- probably arn't, as Kasaii and Dana don't seem overly concerned.

Juron Pilo
Regular Poster

Post by Juron Pilo »

Thats a nice shot of all the old furies. I'd like to see a clearer image of all the furies sometime though.

Kasaii
Regular Poster

Post by Kasaii »

You know, that is an excellent idea, Juron.

*grins* I think I've found my next bonus voting image.

Brainiac

Post by Brainiac »

I'm interested as to where this story line is going to go. I've loved every comic to date and I'm sure the ending won't disappoint.

Oh and showing all of the old furies is kinda creepy with some of the things they are saying.

RockNRoll.Sturm

Post by RockNRoll.Sturm »

haha, in more ways than one, it seems that the emperor got owned.

Brainiac

Post by Brainiac »

Well there goes his plans. This seems to be the first time he's been surprised that something happened. Hmmmmm. Maybe even he is mortal.

Kasaii
Regular Poster

Post by Kasaii »

*grins* There was one time, before, when he got caught off-guard.

http://yeti.keenspace.com/d/20040616.html

Admittedly, that turned into something less than his finest hour. ;) Who knows what this turnaround will portend...

Brainiac

Post by Brainiac »

*grins* There was one time, before, when he got caught off-guard.

http://yeti.keenspace.com/d/20040616.html

Admittedly, that turned into something less than his finest hour. Who knows what this turnaround will portend...
True, that is one other mess up and there might be at least one more in the mix somewhere.

Regardless, I'm really liking how this ending is going and I'm pretty sure I have a good read on what's going to happen. Well at least a loose idea. Then again knowing this comic, something is going to come out of left field and cause one (or two, or three) plot twists. I guess there are reasons I read this comic everyday.

Sian
Regular Poster

Aye.

Post by Sian »

Hear hear!

The Emperor puts on a nice face for it, certainly...

...but he wouldn't dismiss those two so offhandishly.

Must say, I share Jeremar's last expession there...

Brainiac

Post by Brainiac »

Oh great the emperor is going to make new incarna!!!!! Don't people learn from others' mistakes? I guess not...

GO DANA! GO DANA!

Juron Pilo
Regular Poster

Post by Juron Pilo »

Hah, I thought I'd missed something too obvious when I found out his plan to become incarna but. COME ON, he knows their weakness, I'd always thought his plan was to become something much more powerfull than them.

Sian
Regular Poster

"Evil"

Post by Sian »

I was thinking about various stories, and it sprung to mind how you have, really, two types of villians in stories. There are those who are clearly evil, and obviously so (Sepiroth, Kuja, Jack of Blades, Ganon, Illidan, Arthas, Aribeth), but then you have those who are ambiguously evil- are they evil, or are they good, and just agressively acting out thier point of view (such as Delemonte)?

Delemonte is especially questionable as an evil character because he does not want to hurt anyone- he asks permission of Jeremar, and he only knocks out the others who oppose him.

So while I rant on the topic, I might as well say it: "Delemonte rules!"

I've got to figure out a villian who is neither of those and trademark him/her...

Juron Pilo
Regular Poster

Post by Juron Pilo »

You forgot the villian who isn't really evil, just destructively chaotic. But yeah, theres only 2 other choices: Good and Neutral. Perhaps if you found a deeper and unneccessary connection to modify? Hey, theres a reason those AD&D alignments exist...

Sian
Regular Poster

Oh that's gonna be fun.

Post by Sian »

I suppose there is a reson they are called "furies". Great thing about this comic. Even villians deserve a little love.

AD&D alignments, while they cover a good spectrum of moods, aren't totally conclusive. What do you classify Delemonte as? Perhaps lawful, but he's skilled at subterfuge at occasionally kills his own men. Not chaotic, due to his systematic approach to things. He likes the system but sees himself as not subject to it. Good? No, he's willing to kill to achieve his goal, and though he avoids it, if necessary, he doesn't shirk from it. Not evil, because he does seem to value life. The only thing left is true neutral, and that doesn't fit him either because he does not exibit real balance or moderation (which is itself a lawful trait).

I find that the chaotically destructive person usually isn't (the/a) villian... they're a tool. Chaos is just as easily bent to serve as law is- the trick to using someone is to know thier motivations.

But again with the dying lines. That is greatness.

Juron Pilo
Regular Poster

Post by Juron Pilo »

Technically, the reason they don't cover everything is because none of them exist in the first place. Good, evil, law, chaos are all subjective. Neutral is even worse for its impossibility(its like saying your ambidextrous).

Edit: Sorry for the late response, I went on vacation for a week.

Sian
Regular Poster

SFX!

Post by Sian »

Poor guy. He forgot to let them out of the dungeon, first, though... Oh well. Dungeons were constructed for adventurers to escape from them.
Nice effects, too.

(Just lettin' ya know that we're still here!)

Keep up the good work.

Juron Pilo
Regular Poster

Post by Juron Pilo »

Delmonte is dead? Ok, got me with that one...

Squallcloud

Post by Squallcloud »

Don't tell me it's the end :(

Kasaii
Regular Poster

Post by Kasaii »

Not entirely. There's still five epilogue strips coming, just to wrap some stuff up. Then there's a whole sequel comic - new characters to love and hate. (*giggles like a schoolgirl; I can't wait to see reactions to two characters in particular*)