Birthday Gifts for YOU!

The place for the discussion of all delusions, alternate or otherwise. Especially those of the webcomic variety.
Tim
Cartoon Hero

Birthday Gifts for YOU!

Post by Tim »

I'm doing something a little different this year. Like anyone else on their birthday, it's always nice to receive gifts. Unfortunately, it's been a while since I've gotten any fanart. Last year, I asked for feedback. Well, didn't get much of that, either. So, this year, I'm trying...bribery!

Here's the deal. I will draw you something. Anything you'd like - whether it's fanart for your comic, or something completely random. All you need to do is one thing - compliment my comic. C'mon, you obviously read it, surely there's something nice you can say about it. A few things to remember:
  • - The quality of your compliment is directly proportional to the amount of effort I will put into your request. Saying "it's nice, I like it" will result in a stick figure. The more you elaborate, the more I'll try to make it look nice...maybe even adding color...or shading!

- You are requesting something from me, you are not demanding something. Ask nicely.

- As a rule of thumb, your request should not be longer than your compliment.

- Keep the compliments positive. Constructive criticism is okay, but keep it to a minimum, and always with suggestions. I don't want to hear "use color" or "draw better".

- You may provide fanart instead of a compliment.

- You've seen my work; when making a request, keep in mind my artistic limitations.

- If it's fanart, you can ask for your style, or my style. Your style, will of course require a bit more effort (see point 1).

- References, when applicable, are always appreciated.

- This offer is good until...well, whenever, really. If you take the time to compliment me, I will take the time to sketch something.
Alternate Delusions - Symbiotically Enhanced for Your Pleasure
A member of Comic Ostrich
I made a game. Download now!