Fun with Google Maps

The place for the discussion of all delusions, alternate or otherwise. Especially those of the webcomic variety.

Fun with Google Maps

Postby Tim on Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:58 pm

Playing around with the system, and here are some interesting sites I've found:

Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort, Orlando, FL
Here you can see some of the behind-the-scenes stuff, such as the employee-only access roads and the buildings which house the rides.

Disneyland Resort, Anaheim, CA
...and its counterpart.

Edison International Field, Anaheim, CA
nearby home of the MLB's Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. Interesting to note that it must be the off-season, since it looks set up for some kind of moto-cross event.

Six Flags New England, Agawam, MA
Just how old are these satellite photos, anyway? My first clue was at nearby Six Flags. The photos are new enough to show it as Six Flags (it was previously called Riverside), but the Batman: The Dark Knight ride is missing from the southern end of the park, indicating it's at least a couple years old.

Gillette Stadium, Foxboro, MA
My next major clue is the home of the NFL's New England Patriots. As you can see, it's under construction next to Foxboro Stadium. Which dates the photos to about 2002.

Capitol Building, Washington, DC
It's funny...the White House shows up fine, the Pentagon shows up fine, but the Capitol happens to be blurred out.

Got any more interesting sites? Share!
Alternate Delusions - Symbiotically Enhanced for Your Pleasure
A member of Comic Ostrich
Tim
Cartoon Hero

Location: Bay State, ol' Bay State, I lift my heart to you (bum bum bum)

Postby Mr.Bob on Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:23 am

I, on the otherhand, decided to look once and for all for those danged Iraqui WMDs.

I'll let you know.
Mr.Bob
:(
:(

Return to Alternate Delusions