Mama needs her punchline

A college comic that really IS about college. Nothing Special chronicles the adventures of Rob, everyman student, as he attempts to navigate the insane world of college life, filled with demented dormmates, crazy co-eds, pushy professors, and all sorts of other alliterative adversaries.

Which punchline did you prefer?

Poll ended at Wed May 11, 2005 7:20 am

Well, duh! I can sell it on ebay. Mama needs her text books.
100%
Well, duh! I can sell it on ebay. I'm indignant, not stupid.
No votes

Total votes : 1

Mama needs her punchline

Postby Nothingspecial on Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:20 am

Monday's comic actually had it's punchline switched.

When I originally prepared the strip to send to Fred, Melissa's text ran: "Well, duh. I can sell it on ebay! Mama needs her text books." When I posted it in B&W, that was the punchline that showed. However, when I was coloring the strip, though, I switched the line to "Well, duh. I can sell it on ebay! I'm indignant, not stupid."

I think both lines are funny and work. I personally prefer the latter because it's more universal to multiple situations. I mean, how many times do we let our convictions get in the way of what benefits us? On the other hand, Sarah preferred the original line because she felt it was more unexpected, and thus funnier, coming from Melissa.

So, which do you guys like better?
I am Matt Oliver and I have approved this message.

Rock is dead. Long live paper and scissors!

When I'm not here, I'm doing <a target='blank' href="http://nothingspecial.keenspace.com">Nothing Special</a>.
Nothingspecial
Regular Poster

Re: Mama needs her punchline

Postby Ricky-Ticky-Tavy on Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:25 am

nothingspecial wrote:On the other hand, Sarah preferred the original line because she felt it was more unexpected, and thus funnier, coming from Melissa.

So, which do you guys like better?

Well, I can see how the latter could be funnier than the former, but I don't think Melissa has had enough "In comic time" for a joke about her intellect to be really funny.
Ricky-Ticky-Tavy

Postby FXMan on Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:54 am

so far ... as the only voter, I WIN.
FXMan

Return to Nothing Special