How's the Story?

Two 15th century Ghost Hunters track down spirits and capture ghosts in a 21st century Metropolis.

How is the story pace for TC:A?

Too Fast
No votes
Too Slow
100%
Just Fine
No votes

Total votes : 4

How's the Story?

Postby Ruxen on Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:47 am

I get the feeling that the story is moving too slow, which might be a side affect of 4 updates a month. To give you an idea of chapter length, most chapters will be at least 40 pages, chapter 1 may even be a little longer.
So, is it dragging, just fine, or going too fast?
Ruxen
Regular Poster

Postby Lewellynthedolphin on Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:44 pm

Hiya. The storyline is moving just a tad too slowly. It's a really good storyline, but it's gonna get hard to follow after a couple of months.

~Lewwy
"We danced above a world forgotten, moments cherished even now" (The Crüxshadows - Cassandra)
"Love hurts, but sometimes it's a good hurt, and it makes me feel alive." (Incubus - Love Hurts)
Lewellynthedolphin
Cartoon Hero

Postby Arsonus on Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:25 pm

It's not that it's moving too slow, more so that it's not updated very frequently--or doesn't feel like it is. Kinda like Megatokyo. The story itself should then, perhaps, be sped up to make up for the fairly slow update speed.[/url]
Arsonus

Postby Ruxen on Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:45 pm

Thanks for the feedback I really appreciate it. :D
Ruxen
Regular Poster

Postby Chaos Cricket on Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:51 pm

I think the pacing is simply a byproduct of the update schedule--it feels like things move slow because you only get to update a few times a month. Taken in one sitting, it flows pretty well, actually.
~Chuck
"If you can't annoy somebody, there's little point in writing."
~Kingsley Amis
Chaos Cricket
Regular Poster

Postby Lewellynthedolphin on Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:58 pm

Mmmm, yes, they're right. the pacingprobably isnt that bad, it's just that 4 updates a month make it seem slow.

~lewwy
"We danced above a world forgotten, moments cherished even now" (The Crüxshadows - Cassandra)
"Love hurts, but sometimes it's a good hurt, and it makes me feel alive." (Incubus - Love Hurts)
Lewellynthedolphin
Cartoon Hero

Postby Ruxen on Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:48 pm

Don't worry once May rolls around it'll update twice a week. This summer I'm going to try to get a buffer going too, so hopefully the twice a week updates will will stick around all year instead of for just three months.
You wonderful folks will visit the forum and tell me how the pacing is over the summer right? Riiight? :(
Ruxen
Regular Poster

Postby Lewellynthedolphin on Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:55 pm

Yup. ^_^ I know I will. It's always fun. It also gives me a chance to look at what else is being written around here. ^_^

~lewwy
Lewellynthedolphin
Cartoon Hero

Postby Chaos Cricket on Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:54 pm

Of course! What else will I have to do during the ridiculously hot Oklahoma days than sit in front of my computer in the air-conditioned apartment and cruise forums and make posts on anything and everything?
~Chuck
"If you can't annoy somebody, there's little point in writing."
~Kingsley Amis
Chaos Cricket
Regular Poster

Postby Ruxen on Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:43 pm

Woo hoo! 8)
Ruxen
Regular Poster

Return to Crow: Alicesynaege