An opportunity for School Spirit

Remember when your imagination was real? When the day seemed longer than it was, and tomorrow was always another game away? Remember when you were a kid and the world held magic the grown ups never knew.

Pack my bags and relocate?

Too right!
100%
Nah!
No votes

Total votes : 2

An opportunity for School Spirit

Postby Dutch! on Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:59 am

G'day.

School Spirit has just been given what I think is a fairly unique opportunity, and definitely a first for the strip. It has been invited to relocate to the Rampage Network, a fairly small and select webcomic collective. I'd be lying if I didn't say I wasn't very interested.

It offers ad-free hosting, so no more banners across the top of the page, an automated update program so it seems no extra worries for me there, a custom layout for the site (make it look like it does or get someone who knows what they're doing to tweak it better), and apparently tech support for when I break it. Also, it's a smaller group so perhaps it will appear more prominent hidden amongst less comics...

I've inquired whether the strip will 'fit in' with the collective, and the response has been a yes. I'm looking at the other strips at the moment all the same.

The concern I have at the moment though, is that the forum will need to move across there too. That's where you lot come in. You're the community, you're the readers. This may affect you lot in some way I haven't thought of. So I'm opening the floor for any suggestions, ideas and so forth.

What are your views? Run with it? Politely pass it over?

I value your contribution.

Cheers.
Dutch!
Red galah

my vote

Postby John b on Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:01 pm

i say go for it. i hope it will turn out good for you and get you more readers
John b

Postby Warofwinds on Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:47 am

Definitely, Dutch, go for it :D You could always just copy posts over into the other forum, and then change the link on the site if that's what you're worrying about. But don't pass up the opportunity!
-Kez
ImageImageImage
Warofwinds
Cartoon Hero

Postby MSFrost on Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:38 am

warofwinds wrote:Definitely, Dutch, go for it :D You could always just copy posts over into the other forum, and then change the link on the site if that's what you're worrying about. But don't pass up the opportunity!

Do it, only if feels right for you.
MSFrost

Postby Azumanga1 on Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:41 pm

I'm going to astain my vote, since I had no experience with comic server services like Rampage (I buy my own space). But, check it over carefully (including the fine print) and do what you think is best.
--
Read "The Mundane Circus" at
http://www.animeexpressway.com/
Azumanga1

Postby Warofwinds on Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:40 pm

With the author of That Guy leading it, it seems like a good deal to me. When I submitted my work to SpiderForest, Horatio/John contacted me about joining his network, but I turned him down. I liked SF too much to pass up that opportunity, but MSFrost is right--memorize the TOS before you join, and make sure it's something you want to do. I still say go for it though.
-Kez
ImageImageImage
Warofwinds
Cartoon Hero

Return to School Spirit