1/22: No Sunday update?

Remember when your imagination was real? When the day seemed longer than it was, and tomorrow was always another game away? Remember when you were a kid and the world held magic the grown ups never knew.

1/22: No Sunday update?

Postby Azumanga1 on Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:57 pm

Usually you have a strip update every Sunday (Saturday in the US), but apparently, you don't this week, as Thursday's strip is still up on the main page.

I take it that you're having troubles with Keenspace this week -- another comic that I read that uses Keenspace (as reported here) is also having troubles uploading new material to Keenspace's servers.

With Keenspace having a few difficulties the past few months, I wonder why many still use it at all.

Just as chagrinning is that this is the first time since "School Spirit" began that you missed an update.

Hopefully, the new stuff will be up soon.
--
Read "The Mundane Circus" at
http://www.animeexpressway.com/
Azumanga1

Postby Dutch! on Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:02 pm

Hold your horses there just a moment, mate! It's still Sunday here for another six hours, so technically it's still not late! :)

Occasionally Comic Genesis' updater gets clogged, but it doesn't usually take too long to sort it out. Someone usually gives it the computer version of bicarbonate of soda and it runs smoothly again. This time it's taking a long time though, apparently.

Other than that, I don't see any reason to leave the server, because it doesn't play up anywhere near as often as its reputation would have you think.

Oh, and it won't be a missed update...I've got a buffer that will see me through to at least the beginning of March waiting in line. When it goes through, it'll put the page under the Sunday date, so it'll be there in proper order.

To be honest though, I haven't been too concerned about the late update today...I've been spending the day listening to the local radio. Bushfires are burning about thirty to fifty kilometres to the northwest...I've been listening and hoping that gets sorted out first.

I know a few people up that location...

Glad to hear you're missing the strip though! :)

Cheers!
Remember when your imagination was real? When the day seemed
longer than it was, and tomorrow was always another game away?
Dutch!
Red galah

Return to School Spirit