Reflections on 2005

Remember when your imagination was real? When the day seemed longer than it was, and tomorrow was always another game away? Remember when you were a kid and the world held magic the grown ups never knew.

Reflections on 2005

Postby Dutch! on Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:36 am

G'day.

The New Year's nearly upon us...2005 is just about cactus. Time to look back on the highs and lows (but let's focus on the highs) of the year that's passed, eh? I'll go first.

2005 was a strange little year for me...I think I definitely had the most difficult grade of kids I've experienced, and this was confirmed several times throughout the year by other staff members as well, so it wasn't just me. At the same time though, it makes you cherish the good kids you get to share the year with. There were two this year who's company I'm really gonna miss but they could always make me chuckle whenever things threatened to get on top of me. Two good little friends I made this year...I was really lucky.

In regards to School Spirit, it passed both the 100 and 200 mark during the year, and celebrated its first birthday. Not too bad, but everybody has a birthday, eh?

I'm not a big one for New Year's Resolutions so I won't go into anything major here, although I do intend to finally get a driveway for the house after three years and finish the carpet and floors upstairs...that'd be good.

What about you lot? What will you look back on from 2005 with a smile?

Cheers.
Remember when your imagination was real? When the day seemed
longer than it was, and tomorrow was always another game away?
Dutch!
Red galah

Return to School Spirit