Help School Spirit in January!

Remember when your imagination was real? When the day seemed longer than it was, and tomorrow was always another game away? Remember when you were a kid and the world held magic the grown ups never knew.

Help School Spirit in January!

Postby Dutch! on Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:29 am

G'day.

Right. Here's the story. You can only plug your work so many times before you get annoying, eh? I don't want to get to the point where I'm approaching that line so I've decided the comic only gets a decent scrub with the plug brush when it reaches anniversaries or milestones (300's coming up in...July?). This is where I'd like you fellers to come in.

Through January, I'm opening it up for you lot to spread the School Spirit around the joint however you think appropriate. I'm gonna offer up a personalised School Spirit picture (addressed to whoever) to all who take part. What do you need to do?

Depends on what takes your fancy. Spread the word around the joint and I'll try to keep a decent track through website referrers where any new viewers are coming from. It'd be interesting to check at the end of January to see how effective something like this would be.

So yeah...basically...I'm thinking of having you lot advertise the strip however you think suitable (and to only minor inconveniece to yourselves at most) for the month of January and we'll have a little experiment to see how it goes, eh?

And yeah, a personalised School Spirit picture for anyone who wants to play along!

Any comments?

Cheers.
Remember when your imagination was real? When the day seemed
longer than it was, and tomorrow was always another game away?
Dutch!
Red galah

Postby Azumanga1 on Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:56 pm

I'll start -- I've taken the banner in your sig and inserted them on the main pages of my sites as "paid advertising". Find them at the top of these pages here:

http://www.animeexpressway.com/madanna/index.htm
http://www.animeexpressway.com/anime/main.htm
http://www.rugratonline.com/

They are "paid advertising", since you're "paying" participants with a picture. Of course, you're already "paying" me with entertainment value.

Of course, you're already listed on my "Mundane Circus" site on my links page (here), but I wonder how many viaitors make it that far.

Thanks again, and good luck.

P.S. -- When I revise my strip this weekend, here's what I'll write in the "News" section:

If you're wondering what that "paid advertisement" at the top was, don't worry -- I haven't succumbed to selling ad space for mortgage services that care more on the style of their charts, and those "click now and get a prize" schemes. It's just that one advertiser that me and Rafi stand by all the way -- "School Spirit" -- a webstrip about a group of Aussie schoolkids. A very delightful strip that's worth plugging for.
--
Read "The Mundane Circus" at
http://www.animeexpressway.com/
Azumanga1

Postby Dutch! on Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:05 am

Ha! You little Anzac! :)

That's great! I love the logical justification for 'paid' advertising too!

As for the link from your links page...it's yielded six visits so far...dunno how many of those are from you though. :)

I am chuffed that I seem to have a top billing link on what, according to those who run it, claims to be the biggest unofficial Rugrats site on the web...but they wouldn't lie, would they? ;)

Interesting to see how much effect that has.

At the moment I'm stoked, thanks. Looks like I'd better start thinking properly about whipping up that thank you picture, eh?

Cheers.
Dutch!
Red galah

Postby John b on Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:25 pm

cool by voting i think that helps also.
John b

Postby Dutch! on Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:37 pm

Yeah, but now it's February, eh? ;)

Aw, I'll see if I can dig up the picture too...I have noticed that you've been plugging away at that little button this month. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Dutch!
Red galah

Return to School Spirit