Bye

The lives of two self-proclaimed geek/gamer chicks as told by themselves. Sadly, we don't have to exaggerate much from reality.

Bye

Postby BigMack on Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:27 am

This is offtopic and should not be left up. However if the moderators could let it stand for a day or two so people can see it first at least I would appreciate it.

I'm not allowed to post here anymore. My dad says that it's not safe for me and he is allowing me to say bye to some friends I made here and then I have to delete this place. I'll try maybe to look from school sometime but doubtful if i will get the chance.

It is all because of the person Mattdocmartin. He got banned a few weeks ago after he sent me 8 unwanted and harassing messages. I told him to stop harassing me and he claimed he wasn't and by not blocking him it was my fault he kept messaging me. I asked around and I wasn't the only girl he was bothering and I saw a bunch of PMs he had sent calling girls names and insulting their intelligence.Thankfully he got banned and things were good for a while. But he somehow figured out how to register again using another name because I signed in today for the first time in a bit and there was 3 messages from him waiting for me. He calls me a whore in one of them. I made the mistake of telling dad and that's why he says I can't post here anymore.

I want to say I never posted because I am not artistic and didn't have much to add. However I loved the comic strips and they made me laugh and I enjoyed my time here. I made a few friends I would talk with in private and I am most of all sad to lose that.

Again I know this is offtopic but if it can be left up for at least a few days so friends know I left, I would be grateful.

bye
BigMack

Re: Bye

Postby Special K on Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:03 pm

Unfortunately the internet is full of asshats that will ruin the day of anyone they come across and I'm sorry that you had to run into one here. It was nice talking with you! Just remember that there's just as many decent and friendly folks out there too. ^_~

Who knows, maybe you'll bump into some of us in another incarnation.
FFXI - Keahi, Haeruthien, & Airaria - Lakshmi Server

Captain I-can't-use-this-word-per-copyright-laws Bag is defiant and follows the rules!
Special K
Regular Poster

Postby Jrm102 on Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:56 am

Whoa, that sucks. I didn't know Mattdocmartin what causing this much trouble. It's sad seeing anyone having to leave under those conditions but go ahead and take care of yourself.
Jrm102
Regular Poster

Postby STrRedWolf on Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:44 pm

If anyone is being harassed again, please feel free to let me, Kisai, and/or Mercury Hat know. You may PM any of us, or contact the mods of General Discussion or Help Center. I don't know about Kisai and Merc, but I myself have PM's and a special hotline topic that all the Wranglers have access to flagged to email me, and I'm usually get to them within 24 hours (usually, hasn't always been the case).

I'm also a bit disgusted that MattDocMartin has IM'ed me and demanded an apology over the harassment. His request was denied, and he was reminded that he was banned from these forums for a good reason. He's now banned from IM'ing me too, and must contact me through email.
Kelly "STrRedWolf" Price
Admin, Comic Genesis
Artist/Writer, Stalag '99 (WolfSkunks and Drygers, oh my!)
I NEED MORE TIME, CAPTIN!
STrRedWolf
Confuzzled CG Admin
Confuzzled CG Admin

Postby BigMack on Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:37 pm

Thank you so much! I will for sure PM you.

I am very very sorry that you are being bothered by Matt Martin. I feel like it's my fault and I hope you are left alone now from him. You do a really great job. I don't know if you would have seen but I read Gail Simone say you are a great admin who is very fair and handles things great. That's a compliment for sure!

A. Mack
BigMack

Postby MacQuarrie on Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:34 am

BigMack wrote:It is all because of the person Mattdocmartin. He got banned a few weeks ago after he sent me 8 unwanted and harassing messages. I told him to stop harassing me and he claimed he wasn't and by not blocking him it was my fault he kept messaging me. I asked around and I wasn't the only girl he was bothering and I saw a bunch of PMs he had sent calling girls names and insulting their intelligence.Thankfully he got banned and things were good for a while. But he somehow figured out how to register again using another name because I signed in today for the first time in a bit and there was 3 messages from him waiting for me. He calls me a whore in one of them. I made the mistake of telling dad and that's why he says I can't post here anymore.

This is the reason I came to this forum.

Are you saying that these three messages were sent after Matt was banned? What is the new name the messages were sent from? Has anyone checked IP addresses to determine whether or not this new account actually belongs to Matt?

Possible scenarios:

1. Matt has circumvented his ban and created a new username with which to harass people here. I tend to doubt it.
2. Somebody pretending to be Matt is trying to stir up trouble. Highly likely.
3. BigMack is making a false claim in order to cause trouble. I hope not, I doubt it, but I can't rule it out yet.

Can you provide more information, such as the user account from which these three PMs were sent?

Thank you.
MacQuarrie

Postby Jaded Deceit on Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:44 pm

Interesting, Macquarrie. Interesting. But I believe no one any longer cares as the fact of the matter is in a non-hostile and happy environment Matt came and caused a commotion. It is not about being fair or just. It is about keeping the peace, and things were fine prior to the arrival of this "Matt" fellow. So in order to return the system to a normal functioning unit we had to remove the cancer. That is all. No more thought will be put into this matter and everyone will have to move on. You would benefit from this knowledge by heeding to it. Innocent or no, the problem has been fixed and we will all be the better for it. Go read the Watchmen graphic novel and you will see a prime example of what I am talking about( although Ozymandias is clearly evil and twisted. XD)
Goodbye Mac, sorry about the damage done and better luck in the future.
Hajimemashite. How do you do?
Watashi wa Furankurin desu. My name is Franklin.
Watashi wa nekononiku ga daisuki desu. I love cat meat.
Nihon no onanohito mo daisuki desuyo. I also love Japanese women I say!
Doozo yoroshiku.It is nice to meet you.
Jaded Deceit
Regular Poster

Postby MacQuarrie on Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:05 pm

Jaded Deceit wrote:Interesting, Macquarrie. Interesting. But I believe no one any longer cares as the fact of the matter is in a non-hostile and happy environment Matt came and caused a commotion. It is not about being fair or just. It is about keeping the peace, and things were fine prior to the arrival of this "Matt" fellow. So in order to return the system to a normal functioning unit we had to remove the cancer. That is all. No more thought will be put into this matter and everyone will have to move on. You would benefit from this knowledge by heeding to it. Innocent or no, the problem has been fixed and we will all be the better for it. Go read the Watchmen graphic novel and you will see a prime example of what I am talking about( although Ozymandias is clearly evil and twisted. XD)
Goodbye Mac, sorry about the damage done and better luck in the future.

Matt did come in and cause a problem. Because Matt has been so vocal in promoting Unscrewd, it would have been very bad for us if he had come back here to continue his harassment. It would also have been bad for us if somebody else had come in pretending to be Matt and harassed people. Since neither of those things appears to be the case, you are correct, and the problem has been fixed. And again I apologize for the disruption.
MacQuarrie

Return to Noses Optional