Respecting women

The lives of two self-proclaimed geek/gamer chicks as told by themselves. Sadly, we don't have to exaggerate much from reality.

Respecting women

Postby Mattdocmartin on Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:58 pm

Are their certain words that should never be used?

How about words like:

tramp?
slut?
bit#$
whor#
c%nt

etc?

There are lots of females here, so what is YOUR take?
Support UNSCREWED! help comic artists/writers get PAID!
http://www.unscrewedcomic.com

He said WHAT?!?!
http://forums.comicbookresources.com/sh ... ost4478122

Dennis Kininger calls Gail Simone cunt! See it here!
http://forums.comicbookresources.com/sh ... ount=41629
Mattdocmartin
In the Brig (Banned)
In the Brig (Banned)

Re: Respecting women

Postby Jaded Deceit on Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:30 am

I think all women should be respected but those words were created and apparently accepted to describe certain people who act a certain way. Similar to cretin,a$$hole,C@ck$uck@r, etc...
The point is, sometimes people act in a very inappropriate manner and others needed a way to describe it in a short summary depicted in a demeaning manner so as to show the distress that that other person's actions have caused without resorting to violence. While they never should be used as they are strong, sometimes it happens and one should never rest their concerns on verbal commentary other than to reflect.
I hope this helps clarify anything. But also know that while women should be respected, they should not be revered and/or placed on a pedestal(unless they are deserving of that rank). It sounds to me like you might be one of those unfortunate people who were raised either without a Father present and/or with a very dominant Mother. This sometimes leads to young men trying to be "better" than than the person there Father is/was and as such raises the female gender as a whole into a station far above his own. These young men sure end up nice guys and open and accepting, but they lack personal conviction of station in life and self-esteem. An easy solution for this is to reflect on the fact that your Mother and all the mothers of the boys raised without fathers, slept with that "Asshole" in order to conceive you and most the time married him as well. This doesn't mean be an "asshole" but it does mean not to let anyone Male or female be on an footing other than equal with yourself.

So there!
Last edited by Jaded Deceit on Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hajimemashite. How do you do?
Watashi wa Furankurin desu. My name is Franklin.
Watashi wa nekononiku ga daisuki desu. I love cat meat.
Nihon no onanohito mo daisuki desuyo. I also love Japanese women I say!
Doozo yoroshiku.It is nice to meet you.
Jaded Deceit
Regular Poster

Postby Jaded Deceit on Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:47 am

Wow, I just read your link and all I have to say is whatever it was, I am sure Dennis had to say it. If she did something to irritate him that bad, it is probably best that he vented to someone. All that anger building up is bad for the heart and the people on the wrong end of the barrel. It doesn't make it right, but a person getting angry at another person isn't wrong at all! It is human nature. In fact by all counts on morality what you are doing is way more heinous and depraved.

But my main concern is that you are apparently only tracking Dennis across the internet harassing him and that begs a lot of questions on A) what you plan to accomplish among several of Dennis's friends. and B) why your life is so miserable that you think of ways to harass a person.
I think we have all read your propaganda and still, no one here cares one way or the other. Your ilk really needs to be taken elsewhere as you are trying to involve others who come here to enjoy chat with one another. No one here is going to take sides on the matter so just stop.

I hope you find some closure elsewhere because you apparently won't find it here.

ikittekudasai
Jaded Deceit
Regular Poster

Postby Redtail on Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:14 am

all you unscrewed characters need to stop harassing us. dennis is our friend and a very gentle and quiet guy. i don't really know rick, so i'm not gonna say anything about him except that he's dennis' friend and we have to respect that. in all my years of knowing dennis, he's never ever raised his voice to anyone, male or female. if he ever said or wrote anything like the words you've posted, the bitch probably deserved it. i'm calling her a bitch because of the harassment of our group that she has caused. you are only causing us to side MORE with dennis by the way you are displaying yourself and your group. get a life and leave our forum.
Redtail
Regular Poster

Postby Darstorm on Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:29 am

I agree with Redtail. Dennis is a great guy and I may not know him as long as most of the others, but trash talking him makes you look bad.
Darstorm
Regular Poster

Postby BigMack on Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:04 pm

Hello,

Matt Martin does not have any affiliation with Unscrewedcomic.com and the hard and valuable work they do. He speaks here in this forum against the wishes of Gail Simone who has stated repeatedly she doesn't want to have any discussion causing inconvience or clutter. See this post she made in the General Discussion forum recently.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=85219#p1471822

Matt Martin clearly has anger issues and as such at times acts like a bully online. His own friends have had to repeatedly tell him to step back and not to be on attack mode all the time. His intent may be good. In this case Rick Onley certainly deserves to have his unlawful acts shown so that others do not get cheated out of payment. However the way Mr. Martin goes about this causes a black eye to the greater cause and those who do not go around bothering people who have nothing to do with Mr. Olney's actions.

In closing as someone who enjoys the comic strips posted here, I do hope that no one else will attempt to cause problems here. It is understandable to a point. There is a lot of emotion with this issue as friends and loved ones have lost money and had threats and harassement to deal with. However that does not mean they should come here and involve people who in 99.5% of the case don't have anything at all to do with the matters at hand. I would suggest reporting any continued posts to the moderator as they have already removed early posts and I know they too don't wish to see this matter discussed here.

Thank you

A. Mack
BigMack

Postby Mattdocmartin on Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:31 pm

BigMack wrote:Hello,

Matt Martin does not have any affiliation with Unscrewedcomic.com and the hard and valuable work they do. He speaks here in this forum against the wishes of Gail Simone who has stated repeatedly she doesn't want to have any discussion causing inconvience or clutter. See this post she made in the General Discussion forum recently.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=85219#p1471822

Matt Martin clearly has anger issues and as such at times acts like a bully online. His own friends have had to repeatedly tell him to step back and not to be on attack mode all the time. His intent may be good. In this case Rick Onley certainly deserves to have his unlawful acts shown so that others do not get cheated out of payment. However the way Mr. Martin goes about this causes a black eye to the greater cause and those who do not go around bothering people who have nothing to do with Mr. Olney's actions.

In closing as someone who enjoys the comic strips posted here, I do hope that no one else will attempt to cause problems here. It is understandable to a point. There is a lot of emotion with this issue as friends and loved ones have lost money and had threats and harassement to deal with. However that does not mean they should come here and involve people who in 99.5% of the case don't have anything at all to do with the matters at hand. I would suggest reporting any continued posts to the moderator as they have already removed early posts and I know they too don't wish to see this matter discussed here.

Thank you

A. Mack

This is a Rick Olney sock puppet

He said WHAT?!?!

Mattdocmartin
In the Brig (Banned)
In the Brig (Banned)

Postby BigMack on Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:50 pm

Mattdocmartin wrote:This is a Rick Olney sock puppet

I can assure you I am not him. The fact that I can spell should be your first clue.

You neglected to comment on the rest of my post. Specifically the link to Gail Simone's post asking people to please not post here and bother people who have nothing to do with Rick Olney. The moderator asked that anything about him be put in the general discussion forum.

As I do respect Gail Simone a great deal and wish to follow the rules of this site, I'll not reply to any more discussion from you about non Noses Optional related topics. Unless that is you post to the more appropriate general discussion area.

If you have respect for Gail, I'd think you would follow her lead and not wish to bother people who have nothing to do with the problems Rick Olney has caused.

My apologizes to the regular readers of this forum for your conversations and threads again being cluttered with stuff you shouldn't have to deal with.

A. Mack
BigMack

Postby Special K on Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:01 pm

Thank you BigMack.

Attention all Noses Optional readers.

I'm asking all of you to please not reply to any flame war inducing posts. All you're doing is adding fuel to the fire and falling prey to the original poster. Just ignore them or if you feel inclined, report the poster to the admins.

Mattdocmartin is clearly acting against the wishes of other Unscrewed members. I've said, and have had a few of them agree with me, that the Noses Optional forum is not the place for arguments about Rick Olney and especially not the place for pointless flame wars.

So I better not see any of you regulars participating in them or we're gonna have a severe talking to. ^_^

-Kristy
FFXI - Keahi, Haeruthien, & Airaria - Lakshmi Server

Captain I-can't-use-this-word-per-copyright-laws Bag is defiant and follows the rules!
Special K
Regular Poster

Postby Jaded Deceit on Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:21 pm

Sorry K.

I understand and shall adhere accordingly.
Jaded Deceit
Regular Poster

Postby Mattdocmartin on Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:47 pm

Did I call anyone out?

No?

There you go then.

You are all soooo jumpy.

He said WHAT?!?!

Mattdocmartin
In the Brig (Banned)
In the Brig (Banned)

Postby STrRedWolf on Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:54 pm

That's it, Matt. When you go off the deep end, stop listening to everyone, and start acting like the loons over at alt.usenet.kooks, you get banned. And you're no Grubor.

You're banned for harrassment and trolling. Don't even come to Comic Genesis again.
Kelly "STrRedWolf" Price
Admin, Comic Genesis
Artist/Writer, Stalag '99 (WolfSkunks and Drygers, oh my!)
I NEED MORE TIME, CAPTIN!
STrRedWolf
Confuzzled CG Admin
Confuzzled CG Admin

Return to Noses Optional