OTAKON '08

The lives of two self-proclaimed geek/gamer chicks as told by themselves. Sadly, we don't have to exaggerate much from reality.

OTAKON '08

Postby Redtail on Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:11 pm

i think otakon might be turning into our new pitt-con. dennis & i have been e-mailing & we've got otakon weekend off. now all we need is a hotel. Kristy, what're your plans?
Redtail
Regular Poster

Re: OTAKON '08

Postby Special K on Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:34 pm

I am actually planning on stopping off at the bank on the way home tomorrow to pick up a money order for my Otakon artist alley table. ^^ So yes, I will be going and am already scheduled to share a carpool/hotel room with the bunch of SCAD friends I went with last year. But you are more than welcome to hang out with us at the con! I didn't register as a webcomic this year, mostly due to the fact that I do not currently have an updating webcomic.. XP... and though I plan on having my new comic started by Otakon, it still doesn't have a name or website with which to register it soooo.. oh well. I guess if I'm just registering under my name and not as a comic I'll be seated next to my friends I'm driving up with and not with Mara and Jamie... guess we'll have to do more wandering around then last year. XD
FFXI - Keahi, Haeruthien, & Airaria - Lakshmi Server

Captain I-can't-use-this-word-per-copyright-laws Bag is defiant and follows the rules!
Special K
Regular Poster

Postby Dennis Kininger on Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:15 am

Mmmm...wandering around Otakon!

Yeah, I've been waiting six years (Gasp! :o ) for a chance to wander around Otakon again and I've missed it.

Once we find a place to stay, it'll be great to see you again and I look forward to your new comic.

Dennis
"It's impossible to be neat and tidy amidst the natural majesty of mountains of books."

Michelle...Read or Dream
Dennis Kininger
Cartoon Hero

Postby Jrm102 on Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:42 pm

Hey guys is Otakon pretty awesome? I've only been to A-kon and Animefest and I'm curious as too how awesome some of the other cons are in the country.
Jrm102
Regular Poster

Postby Dennis Kininger on Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:41 am

I've only been to Otakon once in 2002 and I had a blast, so I'm looking forward to going again.

This is the only anime convention I've been to but there IS one in New York City and another one in Boston. If I get ambitious sometime, I may check out those shows.

I'd love to attend one of those wacky California anime cons some day.

Dennis
"It's impossible to be neat and tidy amidst the natural majesty of mountains of books."

Michelle...Read or Dream
Dennis Kininger
Cartoon Hero

Postby Jrm102 on Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:31 am

I'd love to check out more anime conventions too. I'm big fan of the whole con scene. :D
Jrm102
Regular Poster

Postby Dennis Kininger on Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:22 pm

Yeah, a good con is always a fun trip.

Dennis

Michelle...Read or Dream
Dennis Kininger
Cartoon Hero

Postby Rin204 on Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:52 am

does anyone know where and when the otakon is in NYC? i wanna go and it'll be my first time so i need the details :D
Rin204

Postby Redtail on Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:49 am

Rin204 wrote:does anyone know where and when the otakon is in NYC? i wanna go and it'll be my first time so i need the details :D

otakon is in baltimore.
here's a list of anime conventions: http://www.animecons.com/events/
Redtail
Regular Poster

Postby Special K on Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:14 pm

Otakon is huge.

Btw, I ended up not being able to go this year after all. XP
FFXI - Keahi, Haeruthien, & Airaria - Lakshmi Server

Captain I-can't-use-this-word-per-copyright-laws Bag is defiant and follows the rules!
Special K
Regular Poster

Postby Darstorm on Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:43 pm

I am going to Otakon too. Just one day. I am sorry I have not been chatting for a while. I got distracted for too long. I'll try to be more attentive.
Darstorm
Regular Poster

Postby Darstorm on Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:29 pm

Opps! Ride cancelled. It's a no go for me. :(
Darstorm
Regular Poster

Return to Noses Optional