PITT-CON '08

The lives of two self-proclaimed geek/gamer chicks as told by themselves. Sadly, we don't have to exaggerate much from reality.

Re: PITT-CON '08

Postby ColonelMCmuf on Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:39 pm

have fun at pitt con. Maybe I'll make it next year.
An aspiring artist i am, but a good one i am not

Captain Sam Kidd the greatest pirate in the world!
ColonelMCmuf
Regular Poster

Postby Redtail on Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:15 pm

well, we're back from the con and i have to say it wasn't as good as i was hoping it could be. a lot of guests didn't show up, not even the guys that play anime showed (and i wanted to watch battle royale!). but i did get the autographs that i wanted and i found a few more comics to add to my collection.
i don't know if i'll go again next year. it'll all depend on what guests are supposed to show.
Redtail
Regular Poster

Postby Dennis Kininger on Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:56 am

Well...considering I've now been to this thing twelve freakin' times in a row, I wasn't expecting much...in fact, I hadn't planned to even go this year but I decided to go after Redtail decided she wanted to go again.

Oddly enough, I even managed to enjoy myself over the weekend.

My car ran fine both ways, which is always nice. The weather was warm and dry all weekend so there weren't any fiendish puddles of mud lurking about for Kristy :wink:

The crowds were sparse on Friday afternoon, when we got there, but they were surprisingly busy on Saturday and Sunday...busier than they've been in recent years. I chatted with some friends who do small press comics and a few of the web comic folks and they said they were having a good weekend.

Yeah, it sucked that the anime people never bothered to show up...It's like a tradition to watch "Battle Royale" so I was disappointed to arrive and find the room locked on Saturday. However, I dug out my copy at home and watched it last night.

I was sorry to see a few people cancel on the show but I've done my fair share of convention organizing...this stuff is going to happen.

I met a few of the other pros who DID manage to show up and they were very cool.

The fudge table wasn't there this year but the nuts table was. I still have a fudge craving but I managed to restock my supply of cinnamon almonds.

There weren't any comics I was desperately looking for but I found a few for a pal of mine (he gave me cash) and I found some old paperback books I wanted. I also got a couple DVDs.

So, I pretty much shopped, chatted with a few friends, browsed, enjoyed the costumes and I enjoyed hanging out with Redtail and getting to know her hubby better.

As to Pittcon '09?

We'll see how things go as that date gets closer...I wasn't expecting to go this year so I may end up going for a 13th time next year...or I may not, it's too early to tell yet.

I can always do something different in April (Gasp! :o ) perhaps go to that New York City Comicon, which is the weekend before Pittcon.

Oh well, I liked Pittcon '08. Yes, I've been to better Pittcons and worse Pittcons but I managed to enjoy myself and that's most important to me.

Dennis
"It's impossible to be neat and tidy amidst the natural majesty of mountains of books."

Michelle...Read or Dream
Dennis Kininger
Cartoon Hero

Postby ColonelMCmuf on Thu May 01, 2008 9:03 am

Marmalade
An aspiring artist i am, but a good one i am not

Captain Sam Kidd the greatest pirate in the world!
ColonelMCmuf
Regular Poster

Previous

Return to Noses Optional