PITT-CON '08

The lives of two self-proclaimed geek/gamer chicks as told by themselves. Sadly, we don't have to exaggerate much from reality.

PITT-CON '08

Postby Redtail on Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:41 am

the time has come to get ready for pitt-con!
*dennis, i know you had your incident with your house, but i'm sure that's not gonna stop you from going for the millionth time in a row ^_^.
i asked for the weekend off yesterday & i have some money hoarded away where rj can't get to it to buy video games. i dunno if rj can make it this year. he's getting a promotion & might have to go to boston around that time for training. but, i have a friend who says he might be interested in going (he reminds me of a young dennis, actually).
*kristy! you know you wanna go again this year! jamie's gonna be there, and you don't wanna miss out on hanging with him (and me!). maybe if bill isn't going you guys could split a booth? just a thought. TFF!
Redtail
Regular Poster

Postby Dennis Kininger on Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:04 pm

A younger me? Hmmmm...intriguing! :wink:

Yes, right now I'm still in a pissy mood over my break-in but that's not gonna stop me from going.

Right now, I DO have the weekend free but I wasn't sure if anyone else from here was going or not. This will be my 12th straight trip and, with the exception of everyone else's good company, I'd have been bored silly for the past five or six years or so.

We'd be going on Thursday and driving home on Sunday/early Monday morning and I have that Monday as a day off.

At the moment, I haven't booked any hotel room yet because I really wasn't too enthused about going if no one else was. My friend, Rick, has been talking about wanting to go after missing out for the past few years for different reasons. I'll get in touch with him and see if he definitely wants to go.

Congrats to RJ on his promotion. If he can't come, you and your friend are certainly welcome and Rick is usually good company on a long drive.

I'm also not against people crashing on the floor of my hotel room...as long as he/she can help with the room bill and doesn't snore too much, the more the merrier. :shucks:

My car's currently running fine and it'll be due for another oil change before the con trip, so that'll be ready by April. I'll also have convention money for the weekend.

So...I'm willing to go again, if someone else is.

Dennis
"It's impossible to be neat and tidy amidst the natural majesty of mountains of books."

Michelle...Read or Dream
Dennis Kininger
Cartoon Hero

Postby Special K on Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:30 pm

I don't think I'm gonna do Pittcon this year.

Last year it was financially a bust for me (even if it was awesome fun hanging out with everyone!!). It cost me quite a bit more than I made. Also, since I don't exactly have an active comic at the moment (I'm working on it I swear!!) I'm kinda wary of getting a table because I dunno if I have enough other non-comic things to sell... and I'd feel weird promoting Noses Optional at a con if I'm not actively updating it.

Anime cons seem to turn out much better for me than comic cons. I might hit up more of those instead.

AND WORK ON THIS STUPID FREAKING NEW COMIC! XDXDXDXD

*dies*
FFXI - Keahi, Haeruthien, & Airaria - Lakshmi Server

Captain I-can't-use-this-word-per-copyright-laws Bag is defiant and follows the rules!
Special K
Regular Poster

Postby Dennis Kininger on Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:59 am

I'm sorry you won't be making it, Kristy, but I can understand your POV. I know it's a long haul from Georgia and it can get expensive to sit at a table for a weekend with no guarantee of selling something.

I'd have enjoyed hanging out and visiting again but there'll always be other cons. My summer travel plans aren't set yet but I've been trying to get to Otakon for a second time for five years now (I last went with Fred in 2002 and had a blast) and I want to make a trip this year.

Nice to read that N.O. is still alive and I'll always enjoy seeing what you do next with it. I'll also look forward to your new comic, once it's ready.

*Redtail: Lemme know if you still wanna go, if not, that's fine...after 11 straight trips, I really won't be too heartbroken if I don't go this year.

Dennis
"It's impossible to be neat and tidy amidst the natural majesty of mountains of books."

Michelle...Read or Dream
Dennis Kininger
Cartoon Hero

Postby ColonelMCmuf on Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:57 pm

once again I won't be going. Gulfport, MS is really fucking far away.
An aspiring artist i am, but a good one i am not

Captain Sam Kidd the greatest pirate in the world!
ColonelMCmuf
Regular Poster

Postby Dennis Kininger on Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:28 am

Heh!

Yeah, I imagine it is.

I've only got a 7 hour haul from Upstate NY and that's nothing compared to a trek from GA or MS.

Dennis

Michelle...Read or Dream
Dennis Kininger
Cartoon Hero

Postby ColonelMCmuf on Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:53 pm

well google map says its only 13 hours away.
An aspiring artist i am, but a good one i am not

Captain Sam Kidd the greatest pirate in the world!
ColonelMCmuf
Regular Poster

Postby Dennis Kininger on Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:46 am

And it's six hours MORE driving than I'd have.

Dennis

Michelle...Read or Dream
Dennis Kininger
Cartoon Hero

Re: PITT-CON '08

Postby Jaded Deceit on Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:14 pm

I have avoided this topic intentionally but I don't think I'll be attending this year either. Althoug if you all come to San Diego...
... anyways, thought you should know.
Hajimemashite. How do you do?
Watashi wa Furankurin desu. My name is Franklin.
Watashi wa nekononiku ga daisuki desu. I love cat meat.
Nihon no onanohito mo daisuki desuyo. I also love Japanese women I say!
Doozo yoroshiku.It is nice to meet you.
Jaded Deceit
Regular Poster

Postby Dennis Kininger on Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:47 am

I'd LOVE to go to the San Diego Con, Frank...seeing you and the girls again would be great, too.

Unfortunately, I can't afford to get there (*Sigh!* :cry: )

Oh well, perhaps next year.

Dennis

Michelle...Read or Dream
Dennis Kininger
Cartoon Hero

Postby Redtail on Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:32 am

it's official, i got my requested days off, so i'm able to go again this year!
only 5 more weeks!
Redtail
Regular Poster

Postby Dennis Kininger on Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:49 am

Yay! I've thought about passing on this year's con...an event I've been to 11 straight times...now I won't have to.

Dennis

PS: Check your PM's, Redtail

Michelle...Read or Dream
Dennis Kininger
Cartoon Hero

Postby Dennis Kininger on Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:32 am

Just thought I'd share this here...

Apparently, Pittsburgh Comicon organizer, Michael George, was found guilty of murdering his first wife in 1990:

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar ... 70458/1361

I'm concerned for the welfare of his second wife, Renee (A super sweet lady), and their kids but I wonder how this affects the con, too.

Dennis

Michelle...Read or Dream
Dennis Kininger
Cartoon Hero

Postby Redtail on Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:03 am

i don't think renee is having much to do with the con this year. given the circumstances, i can see why. it seems that whoever's running it now is doing a fine job and i hope they keep up the good work
Redtail
Regular Poster

Postby Dennis Kininger on Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:53 am

Yeah, given the circumstances, I don't blame Renee for backing off a bit on this year's show.

However, in all the years I've been trekking to that con, I've never had any major difficulties going as a regular attendee and the George's staff always treated me well the few times I was a "guest" there.

Having helped organize a few small cons in the past, I know how much work they are and can only imagine the work involved for a big three day show like Pittcon.

Hopefully, whoever is the "boss" at this year's show will maintain the George's level of professionalism and I'm sure they will.

See you soon! :P

Dennis

Michelle...Read or Dream
Dennis Kininger
Cartoon Hero

Postby Joyling on Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:15 pm

Just wanted to show you guys a picture of our hoard.
Yes, it says 28 pounds. We are at $376 and the jar can't hold any more than that, so we need to go deposit it. My bank hates me whenever I do this. :D
Joyling
Regular Poster

Postby Special K on Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:36 pm

Ha.. that's AWESOME.

Er.. about the scale of coins.. not about the other stuff.. which in fact, sucks.
FFXI - Keahi, Haeruthien, & Airaria - Lakshmi Server

Captain I-can't-use-this-word-per-copyright-laws Bag is defiant and follows the rules!
Special K
Regular Poster

Postby Dennis Kininger on Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:00 am

Heh!

That's very cool, Joy. I haven't rolled my hoard yet but I'd say it's close to that amount. I'll be rolling mine a few days before I hit the road with Redtail for the con.

Dennis

Michelle...Read or Dream
Dennis Kininger
Cartoon Hero

Postby Dennis Kininger on Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:58 am

Well...Redtail and I will be trekking off to the Pittsburgh Comicon early on Friday morning.

I'm a night person so I'm not fond of getting up at retarded o'clock to drive to an event I've been to more times than I care to remember but I'll survive and will share some comments when I get back.

Dennis

Michelle...Read or Dream
Dennis Kininger
Cartoon Hero

Postby Jrm102 on Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:20 pm

That sounds awesome!!! Good luck to you guys on your trip and hopefully bring back some good stories.
Jrm102
Regular Poster

Next

Return to Noses Optional