What would you do with a $@!% load of money?
- ColonelMCmuf
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 244
- Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:49 pm
- Location: Gulfport, MS
What would you do with a $@!% load of money?
Well the name says it all, but here is the basic Idea, You have an unlimited amount of money to do one thing. just enough to do one thing but It could be anything.
An aspiring artist i am, but a good one i am not
Captain Sam Kidd the greatest pirate in the world!
Captain Sam Kidd the greatest pirate in the world!
-
Jaded Deceit
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 488
- Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:16 am
- Location: Right behind you. Don't look...
Invent terraforming procedures that bring hostile climates to hospitable levels and master lightspeed and dark matter.
On a more "DOWN TO EARTH" idea. I would probably have the super-conducting supercollider built to advance technology and also make my fantasy world where I could spend the rest of my days happy.
On a more "DOWN TO EARTH" idea. I would probably have the super-conducting supercollider built to advance technology and also make my fantasy world where I could spend the rest of my days happy.
Hajimemashite. How do you do?
Watashi wa Furankurin desu. My name is Franklin.
Watashi wa nekononiku ga daisuki desu. I love cat meat.
Nihon no onanohito mo daisuki desuyo. I also love Japanese women I say!
Doozo yoroshiku.It is nice to meet you.
Watashi wa Furankurin desu. My name is Franklin.
Watashi wa nekononiku ga daisuki desu. I love cat meat.
Nihon no onanohito mo daisuki desuyo. I also love Japanese women I say!
Doozo yoroshiku.It is nice to meet you.
-
Dennis Kininger
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 1439
- Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:31 am
- Location: Stately Kininger Manor
- Contact:
Unlimited money to do one thing only?
That's rather confining, isn't it?
I suppose I'd probably do something helpful like fund the creation of a perfect fusion engine which runs on garbage, emits oxygen, and enables cars to fly and time travel...yes, I enjoyed those "Back to the Future" movies.
Once time travel is perfected, I'd sponsor dinosaur fights to make even more money for myself.
Dennis
That's rather confining, isn't it?
I suppose I'd probably do something helpful like fund the creation of a perfect fusion engine which runs on garbage, emits oxygen, and enables cars to fly and time travel...yes, I enjoyed those "Back to the Future" movies.
Once time travel is perfected, I'd sponsor dinosaur fights to make even more money for myself.
Dennis
"It's impossible to be neat and tidy amidst the natural majesty of mountains of books."
Michelle...Read or Dream
Michelle...Read or Dream
-
Dennis Kininger
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 1439
- Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:31 am
- Location: Stately Kininger Manor
- Contact:
- E~Man
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 749
- Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:49 am
- Location: Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
Hmmm...I'd set up a trust fund that would pay out as much $$$ as I want, when I want... 
...pulling back the foreskin of ignorance and applying the wire brush of knowledge.
Chakra: Any place where, if you hit it with a baseball bat, you'll die. Joe Bob Briggs
Chakra: Any place where, if you hit it with a baseball bat, you'll die. Joe Bob Briggs
- ColonelMCmuf
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 244
- Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:49 pm
- Location: Gulfport, MS
- ColonelMCmuf
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 244
- Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:49 pm
- Location: Gulfport, MS
I have always dreamed of opening a game store that sold games of all kind and had rent-able places for all sorts of games. I'm talkin table top, board, video, ect. and run it right next to a gamestop, those fuckers.
An aspiring artist i am, but a good one i am not
Captain Sam Kidd the greatest pirate in the world!
Captain Sam Kidd the greatest pirate in the world!
-
Dennis Kininger
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 1439
- Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:31 am
- Location: Stately Kininger Manor
- Contact:
- B4k4-chan
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 87
- Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:46 pm
- Location: My field of paper flowers
- Contact:
Something my boyfriend and have been seriously talking about for a while now... make a medieval village with experimentical archeology and use it for LARP.
Bit more detailed:
Buy some land (at least including a forest and some open areas and preferably a shallow river and a cave as well), build a small town, a camp(base) and maybe even something in the trees, all made by hand and like (we think) they made stuff like that in the middleages. Then let people (including myself, of course) live there to experience medieval life properly. And when we know enough, it'll be perfect for LARP and cultural festivals! =D
Bit more detailed:
Buy some land (at least including a forest and some open areas and preferably a shallow river and a cave as well), build a small town, a camp(base) and maybe even something in the trees, all made by hand and like (we think) they made stuff like that in the middleages. Then let people (including myself, of course) live there to experience medieval life properly. And when we know enough, it'll be perfect for LARP and cultural festivals! =D

Knowledge is Power. Power corrupts. Study hard - be Evil.
My geekiness beats your geekiness!
-
Dennis Kininger
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 1439
- Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:31 am
- Location: Stately Kininger Manor
- Contact:
- ColonelMCmuf
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 244
- Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:49 pm
- Location: Gulfport, MS
-
Dennis Kininger
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 1439
- Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:31 am
- Location: Stately Kininger Manor
- Contact:
Hmmm...yeah, that would be nice but free gaming supplies would pretty much kill any competing stores in the area.
I'm all for competition, so I'd just use my limitless wealth to charge the cheapest prices at my store.
Dennis
I'm all for competition, so I'd just use my limitless wealth to charge the cheapest prices at my store.
Dennis
"It's impossible to be neat and tidy amidst the natural majesty of mountains of books."
Michelle...Read or Dream
Michelle...Read or Dream
- Special K
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 625
- Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:03 am
- Location: La la land.
- Contact:
A couple of my buddies in Atlanta have recently acquired some land and are trying to do just this with their NERO chapter. It's gonna be awesome if/when they pull this off.b4k4-chan wrote:Something my boyfriend and have been seriously talking about for a while now... make a medieval village with experimentical archeology and use it for LARP.
Bit more detailed:
Buy some land (at least including a forest and some open areas and preferably a shallow river and a cave as well), build a small town, a camp(base) and maybe even something in the trees, all made by hand and like (we think) they made stuff like that in the middleages. Then let people (including myself, of course) live there to experience medieval life properly. And when we know enough, it'll be perfect for LARP and cultural festivals! =D
FFXI - Keahi, Haeruthien, & Airaria - Lakshmi Server
Captain I-can't-use-this-word-per-copyright-laws Bag is defiant and follows the rules!
Captain I-can't-use-this-word-per-copyright-laws Bag is defiant and follows the rules!
- ColonelMCmuf
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 244
- Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:49 pm
- Location: Gulfport, MS
- E~Man
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 749
- Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:49 am
- Location: Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
THAT would be cool.Special K wrote:A couple of my buddies in Atlanta have recently acquired some land and are trying to do just this with their NERO chapter. It's gonna be awesome if/when they pull this off.b4k4-chan wrote:Something my boyfriend and have been seriously talking about for a while now... make a medieval village with experimentical archeology and use it for LARP.
Bit more detailed:
Buy some land (at least including a forest and some open areas and preferably a shallow river and a cave as well), build a small town, a camp(base) and maybe even something in the trees, all made by hand and like (we think) they made stuff like that in the middleages. Then let people (including myself, of course) live there to experience medieval life properly. And when we know enough, it'll be perfect for LARP and cultural festivals! =D
There's a guy in France doing something similar...
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap_travel/20060 ... g_a_castle
Original site (in French)--> http://www.guedelon.fr/
BabelFish translation--> http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfis ... fr_03.html
Unfortunately, up here in this part of Canada the 'Excessive Fortification' By-laws would prohibit such a structure (at least for the private individual)).
Last edited by E~Man on Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...pulling back the foreskin of ignorance and applying the wire brush of knowledge.
Chakra: Any place where, if you hit it with a baseball bat, you'll die. Joe Bob Briggs
Chakra: Any place where, if you hit it with a baseball bat, you'll die. Joe Bob Briggs
I think the underground base is my new dream. I also think that you could run a larp in there.. and make the coolest underground book/comic/game/collectibles store ever...
I don't like the one thing restriction.
I guess the 'cheat the system and give myself near limitless funds' thing is probably the winner then.
I don't like the one thing restriction.
I guess the 'cheat the system and give myself near limitless funds' thing is probably the winner then.
- Special K
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 625
- Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:03 am
- Location: La la land.
- Contact:
FTW!E~Man wrote:There's a guy in France doing something similar...
FFXI - Keahi, Haeruthien, & Airaria - Lakshmi Server
Captain I-can't-use-this-word-per-copyright-laws Bag is defiant and follows the rules!
Captain I-can't-use-this-word-per-copyright-laws Bag is defiant and follows the rules!
- B4k4-chan
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 87
- Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:46 pm
- Location: My field of paper flowers
- Contact:
Is it just for LARP, or are they using real experimental archeology to build it?Special K wrote:A couple of my buddies in Atlanta have recently acquired some land and are trying to do just this with their NERO chapter. It's gonna be awesome if/when they pull this off.

Knowledge is Power. Power corrupts. Study hard - be Evil.
My geekiness beats your geekiness!
- Special K
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 625
- Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:03 am
- Location: La la land.
- Contact:
Just for the larp. The idea behind it being it would be a lot easier to play if you actually had prop buildings. ^^
FFXI - Keahi, Haeruthien, & Airaria - Lakshmi Server
Captain I-can't-use-this-word-per-copyright-laws Bag is defiant and follows the rules!
Captain I-can't-use-this-word-per-copyright-laws Bag is defiant and follows the rules!