The Geek Fight!

The lives of two self-proclaimed geek/gamer chicks as told by themselves. Sadly, we don't have to exaggerate much from reality.

Postby Joyling on Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:32 pm

Dennis: I also have manga in Japanese. Sakiko used to read it to us for bedtime stories. :D When she got rid of her English-Japanese and Japanese-English dictionaries, I scored both on account of Moo having already finished moving out.

Oh, and I also have most of the Star Wars manga! This, however, is in English. I used to work at a comic shop in high school on the weekends (and during the week in the summer) - I think the owner just wanted to hook up with me at the time. (Poor thing didn't realize he's "not my type.") He was 23 at the time I got hired, I was 17. I threw my twin sister at him and it worked. :shifty: Anyway, it was an under-the-table job and I took my pay in comics, manga, and t-shirts. One of the best jobs ever!
Joyling
Regular Poster

Postby ColonelMCmuf on Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:32 pm

Hey Dennis we could set up a game on this forum if you truly wanted to play. I would just have to find the players hand book in digital format for ya'll to use. Anyone have one of those? I have a cool idea for a game.
An aspiring artist i am, but a good one i am not

Captain Sam Kidd the greatest pirate in the world!
ColonelMCmuf
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMG on Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:36 pm

Dennis Kininger wrote:
ZOMG wrote:-I've watched more animes than I can remember.
-I've watched 20 hours of it in one day a few times. :P
-I have the FLCL DVDs, Manga, Soundtracks, and artbook. The soundtracks and artbook are the japanese ones before they were re-released in the US. Not sure why i enjoy this anime so much.
-I can 4 star Jordan on expert in Guitar Hero 2.
-I sneak around like a ninja in public places.
-I have 120 days total play time in WoW.
-I check icanhascheezburger.com every day at school.
-I have 3 Zelda t-shirts from Nintendo World

Thats all I can think of right meow.

Twenty hours of anime in one day. :o

I've been curious to try a self-marathon just to see how far I'd get...I could start at one end of my anime collection and go to the end.

I also like FLCL way too much. :shucks:

I'm geeky enough to buy manga in Japanese even though I can't read the language...yet (I'm working on it).

Dennis

I don't know why, but I tend to not stop watching an anime until I'm finished with it. This leads into me watching something else and that leads to me not sleeping. It gets annoying if I have school the next day though. :(
ZOMG

Postby Jaded Deceit on Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:26 pm

I have most 3.5 books in pdf format if you like, as well as dice rollers and character sheets on the computer.
Hajimemashite. How do you do?
Watashi wa Furankurin desu. My name is Franklin.
Watashi wa nekononiku ga daisuki desu. I love cat meat.
Nihon no onanohito mo daisuki desuyo. I also love Japanese women I say!
Doozo yoroshiku.It is nice to meet you.
Jaded Deceit
Regular Poster

Postby Mishka on Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:18 pm

I finally got around to setting up my own Photobucket account. Why? So I could share my awesome Halo 3 screenshots. Now if that isn't geeky, I don't know what is. :P
"Good things come to those who set booby traps!" - Harold, TotW: RM
Mishka
Regular Poster

Postby ColonelMCmuf on Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:51 pm

Having a photobucket account since 2 weeks after the site went up.

ColonelMCmuf
Regular Poster

Postby The_True_Dork on Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:25 am

My one claim to super-geekdom is watching every DVD of Robotech in one sitting.
21 DVD's for the original
4 for the Macross Plus
and I torrented the rest and watched them all on computer.
Total I think it was about 4 days of energy drinks and PB&J sandwiches.
ImageImage
The_True_Dork

Postby ColonelMCmuf on Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:10 am

I am one journal and one post away from having 200 journals and 6000 posts on http://www.redvsblue.com

ColonelMCmuf
Regular Poster

Postby Jaded Deceit on Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:16 am

Good lord McMuf....

I used my geekiness to avoid dating a chick by showing her how geeky I was. I brought her over to hang out while a few of us played Halo 3. It only took 30 minutes....lol.
Jaded Deceit
Regular Poster

Postby ColonelMCmuf on Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:47 pm

I did the same thing except with D&D. plus all it took was "hey you wana hang out with me and some friends?"

"what will ya'll be doing?"

"playing some D&D!"

*gone*

also I've spent a total of 33d 10h 30m on the redvsblue site actively logged in

ColonelMCmuf
Regular Poster

Postby Dennis Kininger on Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:41 pm

*Smacks forehead*

D'oh! So, that's the secret to avoid women! :shucks:

But, what do you do if you find a geeky one?

Dennis

PS: I am in awe of that Robotech binge, Brian.
"It's impossible to be neat and tidy amidst the natural majesty of mountains of books."

Michelle...Read or Dream
Dennis Kininger
Cartoon Hero

Postby Jaded Deceit on Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:28 pm

Bryan with a "y" ^^. Just like my little bro.

And I think I found a geeky one today :/... I am going ice skating friday with her and another couple. I don't think I want to chase her off...she has pretty eyes.
Jaded Deceit
Regular Poster

Postby Dennis Kininger on Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:54 am

Jaded Deceit wrote:Bryan with a "y" ^^. Just like my little bro.

And I think I found a geeky one today :/... I am going ice skating friday with her and another couple. I don't think I want to chase her off...she has pretty eyes.

D'oh!

Sorry, Bryan, and good luck with the geeky girl, Frank.

Dennis
"It's impossible to be neat and tidy amidst the natural majesty of mountains of books."

Michelle...Read or Dream
Dennis Kininger
Cartoon Hero

Postby Special K on Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:40 pm

- I am currently going through tabletop withdrawal as I've not had an active game in a little while and my friend who's starting on one is taking forever to start it!! (btw, schedule permitting, I am totally in on an online game)

- Before I discovered D&D, I used to roleplay my characters in video games.. and still do... for example, my Pokemon trainer has a personality and I only act according to what she would do (rather than what's best/easiest in game)... hell, in elementary we used to roleplay Oregon Trail and fight over who got to be leader... and went so far as to actually make splints for characters who'd broken limbs

- Cathe forced me to stop buying wallscrolls and plushies because I have nowhere to put them (at least she hasn't outlawed action figures yet ^^)

- when I worked at GameStop, I used to be able to convince anyone to buy anything... talked a guy who swore he hated Disney to purchase Kingdom Hearts... and he later came back to thank me

- we have an entire bookcase devoted solely to comics... and another that is almost entirely art books

- I have gone to the midnight release of 3 Harry Potter books in costume (didn't make it to the 7th because I was at Otakon... but I was still in costume dammit!)

- I've been to see several movies on opening night in costume (Serenity, LotR, Hitchhicker's, etc)

- I larp and occasionally sit around and discuss my character's feelings with fellow players

- I created and ran my own original larp for 7 months before getting into a fight with the players (they wanted more pointless combat while I wanted to run my awesome story) and dropped the game

- I have this one family of characters that I keep roleplaying (playing one character here, his granddaughter there, their nephew in this game, the sister in the other). I'm currently up to nine of them.

- in fact, there's <a href="http://www.angelfire.com/alt/poowaffle/list.html">this list I made to amuse myself</a> of every character I've ever roleplayed and/or written a story about. It's slightly out of date as the last character on there is Pokemon Pearl. And yes, each of those names has a personality and a backstory. I'm teetering on the edge of schizophrenia.

- I have a BFA in sequential art and animation. Let me repeat that. I have a degree in comic books and cartoons.

- I draw a webcomic. And may soon be starting a second.

- I'm going to end this list here because my friend just came over and we're gonna play horribly translated H-games. Whoo!
FFXI - Keahi, Haeruthien, & Airaria - Lakshmi Server

Captain I-can't-use-this-word-per-copyright-laws Bag is defiant and follows the rules!
Special K
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMG on Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:17 pm

Special K wrote:

- I'm going to end this list here because my friend just came over and we're gonna play horribly translated H-games. Whoo!

New webcomic?!?
I find H-games hilarious. :P
ZOMG

Postby ColonelMCmuf on Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:51 pm

:o

ColonelMCmuf
Regular Poster

Postby Dennis Kininger on Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:12 am

Joyling wrote:Dennis: I also have manga in Japanese. Sakiko used to read it to us for bedtime stories. :D When she got rid of her English-Japanese and Japanese-English dictionaries, I scored both on account of Moo having already finished moving out.

Oh, and I also have most of the Star Wars manga! This, however, is in English. I used to work at a comic shop in high school on the weekends (and during the week in the summer) - I think the owner just wanted to hook up with me at the time. (Poor thing didn't realize he's "not my type.") He was 23 at the time I got hired, I was 17. I threw my twin sister at him and it worked. :shifty: Anyway, it was an under-the-table job and I took my pay in comics, manga, and t-shirts. One of the best jobs ever!

Hey Joy,

Hah! Yeah I recall hearing about that job of yours back during the ORCA days when I first crossed paths with Fred and met you, Leah, Lindsey and whoever else popped in back then...I dunno if Redtail ever made a meeting or not.

I'm glad your ex-boss got to hook up with your sister. I hope he caught on eventually that you weren't his type. However, some of guys need a whack upside the head sometimes to set us straight. :wink:

I would've enjoyed a job like that back in my younger days.

Dennis

Michelle...Read or Dream
Dennis Kininger
Cartoon Hero

Postby Dennis Kininger on Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:28 am

colonelMCmuf wrote:Hey Dennis we could set up a game on this forum if you truly wanted to play. I would just have to find the players hand book in digital format for ya'll to use. Anyone have one of those? I have a cool idea for a game.

Yes, I do still wish to learn this game. I've been curious to learn for 20+ years.

I don't recall anyone playing it when I was in high school and, trust me, I was a card carrying member of the geek clique back then. If anyone was playing it, I would've known about it. My high school was small...I knew everyone.

During college and grad school, I was too damn busy to do anything but work.

I've looked and apparently no one plays the game in my immediate area but I finally stumbled on a possible lead in a comic/game shop just outside my area (40 miles or so away but still easily driveable).

Dennis

Michelle...Read or Dream
Dennis Kininger
Cartoon Hero

Postby Dennis Kininger on Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:07 am

Special K wrote:- I am currently going through tabletop withdrawal as I've not had an active game in a little while and my friend who's starting on one is taking forever to start it!! (btw, schedule permitting, I am totally in on an online game)

- Before I discovered D&D, I used to roleplay my characters in video games.. and still do... for example, my Pokemon trainer has a personality and I only act according to what she would do (rather than what's best/easiest in game)... hell, in elementary we used to roleplay Oregon Trail and fight over who got to be leader... and went so far as to actually make splints for characters who'd broken limbs

- Cathe forced me to stop buying wallscrolls and plushies because I have nowhere to put them (at least she hasn't outlawed action figures yet ^^)

- when I worked at GameStop, I used to be able to convince anyone to buy anything... talked a guy who swore he hated Disney to purchase Kingdom Hearts... and he later came back to thank me

- we have an entire bookcase devoted solely to comics... and another that is almost entirely art books

- I have gone to the midnight release of 3 Harry Potter books in costume (didn't make it to the 7th because I was at Otakon... but I was still in costume dammit!)

- I've been to see several movies on opening night in costume (Serenity, LotR, Hitchhicker's, etc)

- I larp and occasionally sit around and discuss my character's feelings with fellow players

- I created and ran my own original larp for 7 months before getting into a fight with the players (they wanted more pointless combat while I wanted to run my awesome story) and dropped the game

- I have this one family of characters that I keep roleplaying (playing one character here, his granddaughter there, their nephew in this game, the sister in the other). I'm currently up to nine of them.

- in fact, there's <a href="http://www.angelfire.com/alt/poowaffle/list.html">this list I made to amuse myself</a> of every character I've ever roleplayed and/or written a story about. It's slightly out of date as the last character on there is Pokemon Pearl. And yes, each of those names has a personality and a backstory. I'm teetering on the edge of schizophrenia.

- I have a BFA in sequential art and animation. Let me repeat that. I have a degree in comic books and cartoons.

Hi Kristy,

Yes! Don't tease us like that...enlighten us about your possible second webcomic, you naughty geek, you! :shucks:

That was a stunning salute to your geekiness...thanks.

*A bookcase of comics? I own a big house and live alone...I have a comics ROOM. Plus a walk-in closet full of comics! Yes, if I ever manage to get hitched, she'd better be a fellow geek or at least a patient woman.

* I took a towel to the HITCHHIKERS movie. One of the few there who did.

*A degree in comic books and cartoons? Yeah, I'm jealous (Heh!). My lowly english degree seems plain in comparison.

*Wallscrolls/plushies/figures...I have a few of each but an entire house to spread out in.

*Roleplaying? Personally, I find this fascinating and never got into it because I never knew anyone else into it when I was younger. Also, I've never stumbled upon any LARPing in my area. Fred got me curious about it when I first got to know her but you're far more into it than she is. Anyway, I enjoy hearing about this stuff, even if I have yet to try it myself.

Dennis

Michelle...Read or Dream
Dennis Kininger
Cartoon Hero

Postby Special K on Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:28 pm

I don't know what the new webcomic will be yet.. I have a couple ideas, but I'm undecided. And of course, said ideas need quite a bit of fleshing out before I'd start drawing...
FFXI - Keahi, Haeruthien, & Airaria - Lakshmi Server

Captain I-can't-use-this-word-per-copyright-laws Bag is defiant and follows the rules!
Special K
Regular Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Noses Optional