Dennis Kininger wrote:ZOMG wrote:-I've watched more animes than I can remember.
-I've watched 20 hours of it in one day a few times.
-I have the FLCL DVDs, Manga, Soundtracks, and artbook. The soundtracks and artbook are the japanese ones before they were re-released in the US. Not sure why i enjoy this anime so much.
-I can 4 star Jordan on expert in Guitar Hero 2.
-I sneak around like a ninja in public places.
-I have 120 days total play time in WoW.
-I check icanhascheezburger.com every day at school.
-I have 3 Zelda t-shirts from Nintendo World
Thats all I can think of right meow.
Twenty hours of anime in one day.
I've been curious to try a self-marathon just to see how far I'd get...I could start at one end of my anime collection and go to the end.
I also like FLCL way too much.
I'm geeky enough to buy manga in Japanese even though I can't read the language...yet (I'm working on it).
Jaded Deceit wrote:Bryan with a "y" ^^. Just like my little bro.
And I think I found a geeky one today :/... I am going ice skating friday with her and another couple. I don't think I want to chase her off...she has pretty eyes.
Joyling wrote:Dennis: I also have manga in Japanese. Sakiko used to read it to us for bedtime stories. When she got rid of her English-Japanese and Japanese-English dictionaries, I scored both on account of Moo having already finished moving out.
Oh, and I also have most of the Star Wars manga! This, however, is in English. I used to work at a comic shop in high school on the weekends (and during the week in the summer) - I think the owner just wanted to hook up with me at the time. (Poor thing didn't realize he's "not my type.") He was 23 at the time I got hired, I was 17. I threw my twin sister at him and it worked. Anyway, it was an under-the-table job and I took my pay in comics, manga, and t-shirts. One of the best jobs ever!
colonelMCmuf wrote:Hey Dennis we could set up a game on this forum if you truly wanted to play. I would just have to find the players hand book in digital format for ya'll to use. Anyone have one of those? I have a cool idea for a game.
Special K wrote:- I am currently going through tabletop withdrawal as I've not had an active game in a little while and my friend who's starting on one is taking forever to start it!! (btw, schedule permitting, I am totally in on an online game)
- Before I discovered D&D, I used to roleplay my characters in video games.. and still do... for example, my Pokemon trainer has a personality and I only act according to what she would do (rather than what's best/easiest in game)... hell, in elementary we used to roleplay Oregon Trail and fight over who got to be leader... and went so far as to actually make splints for characters who'd broken limbs
- Cathe forced me to stop buying wallscrolls and plushies because I have nowhere to put them (at least she hasn't outlawed action figures yet ^^)
- when I worked at GameStop, I used to be able to convince anyone to buy anything... talked a guy who swore he hated Disney to purchase Kingdom Hearts... and he later came back to thank me
- we have an entire bookcase devoted solely to comics... and another that is almost entirely art books
- I have gone to the midnight release of 3 Harry Potter books in costume (didn't make it to the 7th because I was at Otakon... but I was still in costume dammit!)
- I've been to see several movies on opening night in costume (Serenity, LotR, Hitchhicker's, etc)
- I larp and occasionally sit around and discuss my character's feelings with fellow players
- I created and ran my own original larp for 7 months before getting into a fight with the players (they wanted more pointless combat while I wanted to run my awesome story) and dropped the game
- I have this one family of characters that I keep roleplaying (playing one character here, his granddaughter there, their nephew in this game, the sister in the other). I'm currently up to nine of them.
- in fact, there's <a href="http://www.angelfire.com/alt/poowaffle/list.html">this list I made to amuse myself</a> of every character I've ever roleplayed and/or written a story about. It's slightly out of date as the last character on there is Pokemon Pearl. And yes, each of those names has a personality and a backstory. I'm teetering on the edge of schizophrenia.
- I have a BFA in sequential art and animation. Let me repeat that. I have a degree in comic books and cartoons.
- I draw a webcomic. And may soon be starting a second.
- I'm going to end this list here because my friend just came over and we're gonna play horribly translated H-games. Whoo!
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest