The Geek Fight!

The lives of two self-proclaimed geek/gamer chicks as told by themselves. Sadly, we don't have to exaggerate much from reality.

The Geek Fight!

Postby B4k4-chan on Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:49 am

You read that right, this is the place to fight with the power of Geekiness! =D

Rules are simple;

a) you name facts about you that could be concidered 'geeky'
b) you're allowed to make fun of others (this IS a fight, after all), but play nice (duh :roll: )
c) your fellow geeks (aka the others on the NO forum) will decide wether or not said facts are geeky
d) you will be honest about the geekiness of others
e) this is an ungoing fight (probably), so feel free to post new facts when you got them (or save a few to make the fight more exiting)

Aaaaand....FIGHT!

Knowledge is Power. Power corrupts. Study hard - be Evil.

My geekiness beats your geekiness!
B4k4-chan
Regular Poster

Postby Jaded Deceit on Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:57 pm

I have two shrines to Starwars. I have a cookbook personally signed by Peter Mayhew. I bought a limited edition Grand Moff Tarkin Hologram card signed by Wayne Pygram. I Have a Pitt-con shrine. I played soo much Starwars galaxies(the MMO) when it first came out, that I could tell you the required raw materials to make any weapon and that senier fleet systems engines were top of the line for after market upgrades for a tie interceptor but Kuat still had the best over shields and usually junk found in wreckages was always better than player-made. Although I admit some of the best weapons payloads were made by players.
That is scratching the surface of that knowledge.
( I think that Redtail is my only competition in the Starwars side of the geek-fight. We will see who stands up to the challenge!)

P.S.- I have built or at least owned almost the entire set of new starwars legos series. (Looking at Jabba on his sailbarge as I type.)
Hajimemashite. How do you do?
Watashi wa Furankurin desu. My name is Franklin.
Watashi wa nekononiku ga daisuki desu. I love cat meat.
Nihon no onanohito mo daisuki desuyo. I also love Japanese women I say!
Doozo yoroshiku.It is nice to meet you.
Jaded Deceit
Regular Poster

Postby Joyling on Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:37 am

My best reply to being told I suck over XBOX Live: If you're such a badass, why don't you go play fuckin' ranked. (And he left.)

I have boxes and boxes of mint-in-box toys, including almost the entire Sailor Moon 2" collection (I am missing 2) and for some of them I have duplicate copies in the Japanese packaging.

My girlfriend and I own a Xena replica sword.

And I couldn't sleep last night because my chocobo's strength attribute has fallen to Poor. I lay awake wondering where I had gone wrong.... As soon as he learns Gallop we're going straight back to physical training with 3 Vomp carrots a day!
Joyling
Regular Poster

Postby Redtail on Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:36 am

as frank mentioned: i have a very large star wars collection. unfortunatly it's all packed away in many boxes at the moment. i've got about 30 original action figures from the 80's, lightsabers in every style and color (about 7 or 8 of them), legos, puzzles, games, books, and (of course) my autograph from peter mayhew. i used to actually have an unopened box of episode 1 cerial... but i think i finally threw that out.
then there's my lord of the rings collection. hundreds of unopened action figures, nearly every tolkien book, board games, video games, movies, posters, and very expensive busts of legolas and pippin. but to top all of that: i have a "life sized" cardboard cutout of legolas ^_^ and of course that's not all of it.
Redtail
Regular Poster

Postby Dennis Kininger on Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:28 am

SO-MUCH-GEEKINESS!... :o

Yes, I'm honored and scared to be among such great people here.

Well, I can't top the geekiness presented here so I'll just share some of my own.

Since I'm an "old" geek, I recall lots of old crap that the "young'uns" here may or may not.

*I remember when Saturday morning TV DIDN'T suck ass, like it does today, and I can still sing, from memory, most of the Schoolhouse Rock songs I first saw NEW in the 1970s (Over 30 years ago! :o ). I was a mere child, then, though. (LOL!)

*I could do Rubik's Cubes in a few minutes back in High School...I haven't touched a Rubik's Cube in over 20 years, so I've probably lost the knack.

*My actual birthdate is the day the BATMAN TV made its debut.

*I watched the Lynda Carter Wonder Woman TV show.

*I have a Tom Baker Doctor Who scarf.

*I once wore "Mork and Mindy" suspenders in junior high.

*I saw STAR WARS new in 1977, EMPIRE in 1980 and JEDI in 1983...yes, I was hating Ewoks long before anyone else.

*I remember watching the one and only airing of the Star Wars Christmas Special...and I lived to tell the tale. Yes, it really did stink.

*I have a model kit of Boba Fett's ship, still in the wrapper...I never got around to building the thing.

*I have a bunch of the STAR WARS/EMPIRE/JEDI bubblegum cards.

*I still have my Burger King drinking glasses from the first three Star Wars movies.

*I still have my original STAR TREK bridge playset with figures.

*One of my favorite autographs is from June Lockhart...she played Timmy's Mom on LASSIE and Will Robinson's Mom on LOST IN SPACE...very nice lady in person.

*I've met one of the Ghostbusters (Ernie Hudson).

*I've met Margot Kidder.

*I almost met Christopher Reeve but I couldn't get out of work to see him.

*I've met many comic book writers and artists...a couple were assholes but the rest were cool.

*I've met most of the original STAR TREK actors.

*I had most of the classic TREK episodes memorized when I was a kid.

*I can read Beowulf in Old English, Chaucer in Middle English and Dante's Inferno in Italian.

Well...I hope some of this makes me geeky enough to keep hanging out here. :shucks:

Dennis
"It's impossible to be neat and tidy amidst the natural majesty of mountains of books."

Michelle...Read or Dream
Dennis Kininger
Cartoon Hero

Postby Mishka on Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:49 pm

-I have Tales figurines on top of the TV, separated by which game they are from. Sheena and Zelos (Tales of Symphonia) are on the right and Tear, Jade, Anise, and Natalia (Tales of the Abyss) are on the left.

-I have a game that is based on Frederic Chopin. :D

-There's an unopened can of Mountain Dew Game Fuel up in the closet with some of the other video game based memorabilia.

-I have a DVD boxed set of the She-Ra cartoon.

-I have entire playlists on my Zune dedicated to various video games. :D There's a Halo one, a Tales one, a Final Fantasy one, and one that has a bunch of different stuff (Castlevania and Katamari Damacy for example).

-One of my favorite songs is "C U When U Get There" by Coolio because it samples Pachelbel's "Canon." :D

There's more but that will be a start.
"Good things come to those who set booby traps!" - Harold, TotW: RM
Mishka
Regular Poster

Postby ColonelMCmuf on Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:08 pm

I suddenly feel a little bit cooler.
the best I got is
I spend 2 out of 4 weekends of most months at a larp either playing a druid named Fenrir or a rogue named Samuel.
I play Magic the gathering at least 3 hours a day every week-day.
70% of my zune is video game music.
I play guitar hero 2 hours a day after playing magic.
I am involved in 5 different campaigns of D&D.
I have read and own all of the harry potter books in hard back.
I have a GameCube interactive in my room right next to my x-box night light.
I care more about my oblivion character than I do about personal hygiene
My ideal girlfriend is some one who can kick my ass in a sword fight. XD
I'm doing a speech on the dangers of zombies.
I still get chills when I hear James earl say "I am your father."
An aspiring artist i am, but a good one i am not

Captain Sam Kidd the greatest pirate in the world!
ColonelMCmuf
Regular Poster

Postby Dennis Kininger on Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:27 am

I'm in awe of the geekiness around here. :shucks:

Must be why I enjoy it here, so much.

Dennis
"It's impossible to be neat and tidy amidst the natural majesty of mountains of books."

Michelle...Read or Dream
Dennis Kininger
Cartoon Hero

Postby Joyling on Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:18 am

Right now I am playing three campaigns of D&D, but it's the same group with different DMs. A fourth will be starting in the next couple weeks and we're actually supposed to wrap the epic campaign.

Dennis, I have an unopened Lego set of the Millennium Falcon. It ebays for anywhere from $100-$500.

I have the soundtrack from the Buffy musical, autographed by Joss Whedon, Michelle Trachtenberg, and Amber Benson. I am happiest about Amber having signed it.
Joyling
Regular Poster

Postby B4k4-chan on Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:38 pm

I'm so proud of all of you! =D Almost wish I was as old as Dennis, but I'm a mere 20 years old (and Dutch; a lot of the geekiest cartoons never aired here) =P Well, here's a bit of my geekiness:

I went to The Hague (quite a bit away from my home), even though I'm chronically ill, just because the Elf Fantasy Shop had a clearance sale. I bought for over 140 euro - and paid 35 - of 'choose your own adventure' books by Ian Livingstone and Steve Jackson, part 1 and 2 of the Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy series, some leather LARP gear including a thermos flask, a shirt with the Elf Fantasy logo and 'you never dream alone' and an Elf Fantasy button. I almost geeked out as much as my boyfriend over his Transformers 3D Battle-Card Game when we put them together in Pizza Hut.

We've been watching Transformers and Disney for the past 3 days.

We've waited for and watched the sunrise in Oblivion on the PS3 together. It was very romantic^^

I bought a TV just so I could play on my pink PS2 in my room.

I'm working on the concept of a MMORPG together with a friend I met in Guild Wars. We work on it through Xfire chat...

And I probably forgot a looot, because I'm being distracted by the original Transformers series XD

Knowledge is Power. Power corrupts. Study hard - be Evil.

My geekiness beats your geekiness!
B4k4-chan
Regular Poster

Postby ColonelMCmuf on Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:54 pm

Well I just added something to my list

I am doing a speech on the dangers of zombies and the importance of having a zombie plan.
An aspiring artist i am, but a good one i am not

Captain Sam Kidd the greatest pirate in the world!
ColonelMCmuf
Regular Poster

Postby Jaded Deceit on Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:56 pm

I guess I am going to have to up it a notch...

I dropped 140 dollars on 25 Magic the gathering cards to make a super deck, then spent 19.53 cents building a deck to beat it, just to prove that money doesn't make a deck, a player who fights dirty makes a deck.

I was more excited about Boba Fett's escape from the great pit of Carkoon than Luke starting an Academy on Yavin 4. And on that note, can't figure out why he built it in the ruins of an old Sith Fortress.

I too have watched the Sunrise in oblivion and shed a tear.

I have all three Halo 3 7-11 collector's cups.

I have all 4 Starwars 7-11 collector's cups with both the Yoda lid and the Vader lid.

I almost had a heart attack when I thought Skywise died falling off the cliff because that stupis 5-finger vagabond wanted the meteorite chucnk from greymung's lair.

I have mastered the tanks minigame on wii-play.

I Taught myself how to play three dragon ante.

I will eat wasabi peanuts to entertain others...( can I get a voucher?lol)

I go on youtube just to find funny anime AMV's.

My next Girlfriend will have to know the Konami code just to date me and she will ,as Mcmuf said, have to be able to beat me in a sword fight(on Halo 3)

I think that is enough for now....
Jaded Deceit
Regular Poster

Postby Dennis Kininger on Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:04 am

*Continues enjoying the geekiness* :shucks:

**Frank: Yeah, you should charge admission to have people watch you eat wasabi peanuts (LOL!)

**Joy: I still wanna learn D&D but still haven't found anyone who plays it around here (~cries~).

I remember the Millennium Falcon lego kit but never got one (d'oh!). In 6th grade, I built a moon lander out of legos without using a kit. It was for a science report or something like that.

Congrats on having the Buffy musical autographs. My goal is to be a cool librarian like Giles, someday.

**b4k4: Yup, when you're old, you remember more old crap than anyone else. I probably watched and liked every geeky cartoon to come out of the 70s and 80s.

I'm still jealous of that Elf Fantasy Shop.

I read HITCHHIKERS GUIDE TO THE GALAXY when it was new...yeah, I was laughing my ass off in junior high when I first read it. I also have a recording of the radio show on LP.

**McMuf: A zombie speech? Cool, dude! After all the speeches I suffered through in english classes, THAT's something I would've paid attention to.

Let the geekiness continue.

Dennis

Michelle...Read or Dream
Dennis Kininger
Cartoon Hero

Postby Joyling on Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:33 pm

colonelMCmuf wrote:I am doing a speech on the dangers of zombies and the importance of having a zombie plan.

One day I was over in sporting goods to give them some products that had wound up in my area. I engaged the department manager in conversation about how we'd be totally screwed in the event of zombies, since we have only airsoft guns and machettes out. She told me she would try and get into the gun room in the back to make her stand there, but when I pointed out we'd need a member of management to open the door to the gun room, she looked a bit upset with this flaw in the plan. Our managers can be reliably depended on to take up to six hours to meet an unlock request. D:
Joyling
Regular Poster

Postby Mishka on Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:16 pm

-I just spent about $6.50 buying two bottles of Mountain Dew Game Fuel and I'm only going to actually drink one of them. I'm keeping one unopened because these bottles are truly kickass. I <3 Master Chief.
"Good things come to those who set booby traps!" - Harold, TotW: RM
Mishka
Regular Poster

Postby Dennis Kininger on Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:41 pm

I still need to try this new Mountain Dew flavor...I'm a diehard fan of the original glowing green flavor. The other flavors don't do anything for me but I'll try anything once.

*I think I'd be doomed if zombies attacked my library:

1) No guns or big weapons of any kind.

2) Too many doors and large windows to defend.

However, the library DOES have a roof hatch and it may be possible to escape from there.

If I still worked at Kmart? Screw the managers! The ones I worked with were dinks. I'd be bashing open the shotgun case on my own in minutes and loading up as fast as possible.

I used to work in the Home Improvement Department, there were TONS of things there, I'd make weapons out of.

Dennis

Michelle...Read or Dream
Dennis Kininger
Cartoon Hero

Postby ZOMG on Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:34 pm

-I've watched more animes than I can remember.
-I've watched 20 hours of it in one day a few times. :P
-I have the FLCL DVDs, Manga, Soundtracks, and artbook. The soundtracks and artbook are the japanese ones before they were re-released in the US. Not sure why i enjoy this anime so much.
-I can 4 star Jordan on expert in Guitar Hero 2.
-I sneak around like a ninja in public places.
-I have 120 days total play time in WoW.
-I check icanhascheezburger.com every day at school.
-I have 3 Zelda t-shirts from Nintendo World

Thats all I can think of right meow.
ZOMG

Postby Jaded Deceit on Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:32 pm

In regards to when Zombies attack:

I am a construction worker. If things really got hairy, I could turn a piece of 1/2 CTS poly pipe into a never ending blow tourch of death. Not to mention our trucks come equipped standard with hatchets sledge hammers, hand axes, grease oil and other flammables, a dump dank with 100 gallons of petrol( for continued running away fuel) and best of all...

...a digital one step polaroid camera with two packs of film to catch the carnage and mayhem for scrapbooking.

In regards to geekiness: I stayed up 15-18 hours a day 7 days a week for a year and a half playing starwars galaxies the only stops were the restroom, the 7-11, and the couch in the livingroom to sleep.
Jaded Deceit
Regular Poster

Postby Darstorm on Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:04 pm

Ok. I have almost all the Godzilla movies out there. I have listen to most of the Star Wars radio drama. I have a good amout of Pokemon and Yugioh cards. I have almost all the pokemon video games. I have an Indiana Jones Hat. I have a large collection of Forgotten Realms and Dragon Lance books.
Darstorm
Regular Poster

Postby Dennis Kininger on Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:56 am

ZOMG wrote:-I've watched more animes than I can remember.
-I've watched 20 hours of it in one day a few times. :P
-I have the FLCL DVDs, Manga, Soundtracks, and artbook. The soundtracks and artbook are the japanese ones before they were re-released in the US. Not sure why i enjoy this anime so much.
-I can 4 star Jordan on expert in Guitar Hero 2.
-I sneak around like a ninja in public places.
-I have 120 days total play time in WoW.
-I check icanhascheezburger.com every day at school.
-I have 3 Zelda t-shirts from Nintendo World

Thats all I can think of right meow.

Twenty hours of anime in one day. :o

I've been curious to try a self-marathon just to see how far I'd get...I could start at one end of my anime collection and go to the end.

I also like FLCL way too much. :shucks:

I'm geeky enough to buy manga in Japanese even though I can't read the language...yet (I'm working on it).

Dennis

Michelle...Read or Dream
Dennis Kininger
Cartoon Hero

Next

Return to Noses Optional