Noses Optional - The Store!

The lives of two self-proclaimed geek/gamer chicks as told by themselves. Sadly, we don't have to exaggerate much from reality.

Noses Optional - The Store!

Postby Special K on Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:39 pm

ALRIGHT! The (temporary) store is complete and open for business! Ignore the fact that the page looks like crap right now. It'll look better once I have time to fix it up. But I figured it was more important to get the items up for sale first.

There will be more items later, but I have just spent like a week doing this and I'm kinda tired of working on it. ^^;

Also, according to the CafePress main page, they're running a special where you save $10 off a $50 purchase, but it's only until tomorrow (the 13th), so if you were planning on buying several things, you might want to take up that offer now!

http://nosesoptional.comicgenesis.com/store.html

W00taga - complete
W.W.Z.J.D.? - complete
Erect-o-Plasm - complete
Space Ninjas - complete
Fear My Heaving Bosom - complete
Captain Happy Face Bag - complete

Captain bonus edition copyright Bag - later
Eikiji - later
generic Noses Optional logo stuffs - later
Last edited by Special K on Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:47 pm, edited 12 times in total.
FFXI - Keahi, Haeruthien, & Airaria - Lakshmi Server

Captain I-can't-use-this-word-per-copyright-laws Bag is defiant and follows the rules!
Special K
Regular Poster

Postby Mikki_amboree on Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:30 pm

OMG! *falls over from the happiness*

I want the Captain Walmart Bag one! Or the w00tra one...

Did you know I'm a Captain Walmart Bag trainee? :lol:
You know that fine line between genius and insanity? I tripped over it.
Mikki_amboree
Regular Poster

Postby E~Man on Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:51 am

Yay!

Can we get 'em in black and super-giant-big-fat-guy size?
...pulling back the foreskin of ignorance and applying the wire brush of knowledge.

Chakra: Any place where, if you hit it with a baseball bat, you'll die. Joe Bob Briggs
E~Man
Regular Poster

Postby Special K on Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:17 am

I think the sizes are the same for all the shirts. There is a black shirt, but it's still in beta. The colors come out waaaaaaaaaay darker than intended so I was going to abstain from the black shirt for a while until I think of an appropriate design that isn't too dark.

Btw, I sadly am going to have to buy one of each of these. I don't think I could get by not owning them. Also, they'll be fun to wear to the con. ^^
Last edited by Special K on Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Captain I-can't-use-this-word-per-copyright-laws Bag is defiant and follows the rules!
Special K
Regular Poster

Postby Special K on Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:26 am

HOLY BUTT MONKIES! I think I may have figured out a way to get each image on all the different shirts! Nobody buy anything yet. I'm working on it!

Special K
Regular Poster

Postby Dennis Kininger on Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:42 am

Yay!

Good news, indeed, Kristy!

I'm currently saving my pennies for Pittcon but I'll be shopping once I get home again, home again...jiggity jig.

Dennis...preparing to clear space for his future Noses Optional swag
"It's impossible to be neat and tidy amidst the natural majesty of mountains of books."

Michelle...Read or Dream
Dennis Kininger
Cartoon Hero

Postby Redtail on Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:28 am

yay! now i don't have to make my own! okay, i'll still make my own, but that's just because i'm me.
too bad you're working on it now, so i can peek at them :cry:
Redtail
Regular Poster

Postby Special K on Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:01 am

Problem. I apparently can't use the word Walmart. CafePress emailed me and asked me to take Captain Walmart Bag down. So my options are remove the text from the shirt (which just makes it a picture of a plastic bag....) or change the word Walmart (to something like Captain Plastic Bag which is retarded or like Captain Malwart Bag which sucks just as bad). Anyone have an idea?

Special K
Regular Poster

Postby Mikki_amboree on Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:38 am

Special K wrote:Problem. I apparently can't use the word Walmart. CafePress emailed me and asked me to take Captain Walmart Bag down. So my options are remove the text from the shirt (which just makes it a picture of a plastic bag....) or change the word Walmart (to something like Captain Plastic Bag which is retarded or like Captain Malwart Bag which sucks just as bad). Anyone have an idea?

Maybe you can have a picture of Kirsty with her arm in the air and a bag around her neck saying "I am defiant!" I dunno... that's probably lame. :roll:
Mikki_amboree
Regular Poster

Postby E~Man on Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:43 pm

Special K wrote:Problem. I apparently can't use the word Walmart. CafePress emailed me and asked me to take Captain Walmart Bag down. So my options are remove the text from the shirt (which just makes it a picture of a plastic bag....) or change the word Walmart (to something like Captain Plastic Bag which is retarded or like Captain Malwart Bag which sucks just as bad). Anyone have an idea?

How about Captain W*lm*rt Bag? Or maybe Captain tramlaW Bag?
...pulling back the foreskin of ignorance and applying the wire brush of knowledge.

Chakra: Any place where, if you hit it with a baseball bat, you'll die. Joe Bob Briggs
E~Man
Regular Poster

Postby Special K on Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:17 pm

I'll be editing the first post on the progress of store 2.0

Special K
Regular Poster

Postby Dennis Kininger on Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:33 am

It's amusing that a multi-million dollar company feels threatened by a web comic.

Anyway, why not just change the name to a made-up store? Call it W-Mart, S-Mart, Save-Mart, Value-Mart, etc...something like that.

Yeah, regular fans of the comic already know what you really mean. It could be like an injoke among the fans.

Just a thought.

Dennis
"It's impossible to be neat and tidy amidst the natural majesty of mountains of books."

Michelle...Read or Dream
Dennis Kininger
Cartoon Hero

Postby Special K on Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:37 pm

Right now I'm leaning towards "Captain Happy Face Bag" ('cause it sounds like a bad anime attack ^_^) or "Captain Save-mart Bag". Steve suggested "Captain I-can't-use-this-word-per-copyright-laws Bag" which I find amusing 'cause it's defiant yet follows the rules! XD Maybe I'll make an alternative version that says such.

Special K
Regular Poster

Postby Mikki_amboree on Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:56 pm

Special K wrote:Right now I'm leaning towards "Captain Happy Face Bag" ('cause it sounds like a bad anime attack ^_^) or "Captain Save-mart Bag". Steve suggested "Captain I-can't-use-this-word-per-copyright-laws Bag" which I find amusing 'cause it's defiant yet follows the rules! XD Maybe I'll make an alternative version that says such.

:lol: That would be so funny!

I love "Captain I-can't-use-this-word-per-copyright-laws Bag" :lol:
Mikki_amboree
Regular Poster

Postby Dennis Kininger on Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:28 am

Heh!

Yeah, I like that idea, too.

Dennis

Michelle...Read or Dream
Dennis Kininger
Cartoon Hero

Postby Redtail on Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:30 am

i also thought of s-mart (from army of darkness), as dennis mentioned. it would bring a whole new meaning to the shirt & i doubt sam rami would really mind. "shop smart, shop s-mart!"

hehe...boom stick.
Redtail
Regular Poster

Postby Dennis Kininger on Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:04 am

Yup, I like that movie, too.

I also worked at K-mart throughout college, some teaching and grad school (9 and a half years!), so I approve of anything which makes fun of retail.

Dennis

Michelle...Read or Dream
Dennis Kininger
Cartoon Hero

Postby Raziel on Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:39 pm

I do believe previews are in order!
I R Neenjuh. M3 Fael Ingl3sh.
Raziel
Regular Poster

Postby Special K on Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:46 am

Meeeeh.. I don't want to use S-mart just cause then everyone would think it had something to do with Army of Darkness. And CafePress might also want to take it down. That might be trademarked or something.

Special K
Regular Poster

Postby Dennis Kininger on Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:41 am

Hmmmm...yeah.

Copyrighted stuff can be tricky sometimes and also a pain. I get asked questions on this at the library every now.

To eliminate some potential hassle, I'd go with the copyright titled bag, which is actually kinda funny.

Dennis

Michelle...Read or Dream
Dennis Kininger
Cartoon Hero

Next

Return to Noses Optional