Mad Jack

This is where you advertise your webcomic to your new audience, and get it reviewed by the community. Read the rules before pitching.

Mad Jack

Postby MadTarnsman on Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:13 am

Hiya, gang!

I'm back after a very long hiatus to other parts of the interwebz and just my account all legalized....now....how in the hell do I start uploading the 70 pages I have of my comic Mad Jack, a 'golden age" hand drawn style sci fi comic with more twists than a licorice stick!!

Life comes at ya pretty fast....double tap to the head if it does that!!
MadTarnsman

Re: Mad Jack

Postby RKDS on Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:48 am

Assuming you're in "siteadmin" already:

1. Click your comic name.
2. Click the second link. It starts with "update/upload comic."
3. Upload all 70 pages. One. At. A. Time. In order too, probably, because I don't know if you can rearrange them easily.

Ignore the pog thing for now. It's a manual approval process.

Then go down to "comic data." You can probably leave everything alone here. The only thing is that you have to edit the template for your site. I don't remember how to do that...I guess it's through FTP?

http://cgwiki.comicgenesis.com/index.ph ... =Tutorials
http://cgwiki.comicgenesis.com/index.ph ... extemplate

Too bad the help link in siteadmin points to a missing subforum instead of the tutorial page. This might work or it might be outdated. I only ever got 1 page up so I have no idea how it will work for 2 let alone 70. Could ask SpacePrincess since everything works perfectly for her.

Then do your pog and your wiki entry because that is the only way your comic will be seen on CG since the listing pages are weird and both of the search functions are broken.
RKDS
Regular Poster

Return to Comic Pitching