Pinch of the Glass

This is where you advertise your webcomic to your new audience, and get it reviewed by the community. Read the rules before pitching.

Pinch of the Glass

Postby placidandy on Sun May 23, 2010 4:23 am

Hello there, citizens!

Pinch of the Glass is set in Manchester, England, which is why all the people seem to be talking strangely- just sound out the words aloud. This is actually a reboot, the original comic had been going for some years as an on-and-off project however when I came back to it I reslised that my art style had progressed in such a different direction that it was no longer hanging together as a piece, so we begin again!

The borders between this reality and the slightly less likely ones is a tenuous thing easily penetrated, the difference between one and the next can eb as slender as the pinch of an hourglass. This has absoloutely no effect on most peopel's live however, and really isn't very important. The organisation founded to provide immigration and border control in a multi-dimensional universe for modern, multicultural Britain is underfunded and ignored, which suits our heroes just fine as they would rather be down the pub anyway.

Expect humour, the occasional ribald language, violent kung-fu, running gun battles and if I get my own way robot wizards. Have an image-

I'm well aware that I'm horrible at coding. No joke, making the little fiddly arrow button thigns took me longer then some of the pages.... so if any web-sitey-codey types want to work out a deal, I'll gladly trade art for a little help here and there! The story begins, right here-

http://pinchoftheglass.comicgenesis.com/d/20100302.html

-ANDY.
placidandy

Re: Pinch of the Glass

Postby placidandy on Thu May 27, 2010 3:00 pm

Awww no comments ;-;
placidandy

Postby Quinch on Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:08 am

Holymotherlovingcrap, the Pinch is back!

Edit: Not the same Pinch, though... different storyline? Alternate beginning? What happened to the stuff from the original site - no longer canon? On a semirelated note, what happened to Lalupe and Black and White project?
I'll sing you one, O
Green grow the rushes, O
Where is your one O?
One is One, and all alone,
And ever more it shall be so.
Quinch
Regular Poster

Postby placidandy on Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:56 pm

Ahahahaha its a reboot- I wanted to carry on, but my art style had changed too much and it would have been too jarring so I'm doing a do-over! As for B+W and Lalupe, I will come back to them as I'm able to... might end up on here too, depends.
placidandy

Postby Quinch on Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:24 pm

Ah, pity - I rather liked the original characters and setting, the borderline sociopaths the lot of them were. The early early art was... yeah, kinda crap, but the story was solid enough {if ultimately unfinished}.

Still, interested in how the new one goes.
I'll sing you one, O
Green grow the rushes, O
Where is your one O?
Quinch
Regular Poster

Postby n2ther on Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:56 pm

I'm not familiar with the original story or art, but I have to say that this reboot is stellar. The art is great, and the action well framed and visualized. Your dialogue is great too, and the dialectical style isn't at all distracting, just builds into the characters nicely. Great work! Thanks for posting this!

Nate

www.illiteratebadger.com
n2ther

Postby Quinch on Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:47 am

Well, if you want to take a look, the original is {for the time being, anyway, the author might take it down eventually} here. The art gets much better, though.
I'll sing you one, O
Green grow the rushes, O
Where is your one O?
Quinch
Regular Poster

Return to Comic Pitching