Lollipops Shadow

This is where you advertise your webcomic to your new audience, and get it reviewed by the community. Read the rules before pitching.

Lollipops Shadow

Postby Janos on Mon May 17, 2010 9:29 pm

Lollipop's Shadow is a film noir inspired webcomic about lost candy living below a dime store display case. The residents of Sugartown include Lollipop, a surly detective, Waxy Lips, a torch-singing femme fatale, Scotch, a down-on-his-luck butterscotch and Jawbreaker, the nefarious owner of the Cotton Candy Club as well as a host of other characters.

http://www.robertdwatkins.com/lollipop.html

Janos

Re: Lollipops Shadow

Postby meticulator on Wed May 19, 2010 4:32 am

This is awesome! I don't usually like pun-based humour, but you totally make it work. The anthropomorphic candy characters make a great juxtaposition with the faux-noir setting, if you'll forgive the wankerishness of that statement. You've definitely got yourself one more reader.
meticulator
Regular Poster

Postby Janos on Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:20 pm

Thanks for the post! I'm glad you like the comic (puns and all) . Be sure to let me know when you create your own. I tried posting on comic genesis but it is too complicated. "Lollipop's Shadow" is on drunkduck, webcomicsnation and comicspace but can also be found at http://www.robertdwatkins.com/lollipop.
Janos

Postby n2ther on Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:52 pm

You've got a really great grasp of the classic noir script. And the art is great too. I'm also on the positive side for the puns, though I love puns no matter what. Keep up the good work, and the great storytelling!

Rock.

Nate

www.illiteratebadger.com
n2ther

Postby Janos on Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:22 am

Thanks for the encouragement. The "Illiterate Badger" is hilarious!

Keep it up! (snicker)
Janos

Postby Sugar70 on Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:43 pm

Hi new here thanks by the way for the space provided.

how to deal with depression
Sugar70

Postby ravenpen on Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:08 am

As a fan of puns, alliteration and word-play in general, I highly endorse this venture.

Good stuff, keep it up!
ravenpen

Return to Comic Pitching