Death By Chibi: Pixel Art Projects

This is where you advertise your webcomic to your new audience, and get it reviewed by the community. Read the rules before pitching.

Death By Chibi: Pixel Art Projects

Postby Lordthenightknight on Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:19 pm

Trying this one more time.

Anyway, Death by Chibi is a comic with an admittedly turbulent history, as you can see in the "About" page. As stated, right now it has two purposes: to hone my drawing and writing, and to hopefully entertain in the process.

Now a few things to note:
1. The archived pages don't have a banner or background picture, because of what's happening here (and any help you can give with that will be very appreciated).
2. I know some of you prefer hand drawing to pixel art (not sprites, I still had to make each drawing myself). I actually blame Mario Paint for getting me into it years ago. But I do intend to have more complex drawings as I get used to it. I even found I can trace pictures with a mouse to get used to traditional drawing methods with it (but I would be using original drawings after that, of course). I do have a scanner when I make hand drawings. I just don't want to rely on it (since I didn't even have scanner when I started this comic).
3. I also know that there is a lot of cutting and pasting. You don't need to tell me that. It's just another thing that I'm relying on as I get used to computer drawing more.

Anyway, this comic is focusing on video game parodies, some typical, some atypical. The first arc is a spoof of Shoot 'Em Up video games. In fact, one of the very first jokes that popped into my head when I thought of doing this parody, is based off of a scene from a certain 80s sci-fi movie (I'll leave you to guess which one).

After that I plan on a story that fleshes out the characters in the filler strip (since I don't want them to just be random characters as they were before the reboot).
Lordthenightknight
Regular Poster

Re: Death By Chibi: Pixel Art Projects

Postby Lordthenightknight on Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:46 pm

On the "Omake" page, parts of the sketchbook picture show I'm going to be doing some actual drawing as well.

If you've looked at some drawing books, you know what this is. The thing with this one is I didn't scan it. Not from a book, nor my own art. I drew it with a mouse, no shape or line tools (did use ctrl+Z, because it's basically a fast eraser). And I even put my signature on it.

This is the first time I've every done something like this (at least that could even get close to the shape I wanted), but this does tell me I can do some more. So this won't be one of those comics that is pixel art because I can't draw. I just didn't realize I could do it this way until recently.
Lordthenightknight
Regular Poster

Return to Comic Pitching