Page 1 of 1

Waking the House of Raeux

Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:56 am
by VIIStar
http://viistar.comicgenesis.com/archives.html

Waking the House of Raeux is celebrating its one year anniversary. 7 Chapters and 166 (154 posted) pages later I can't believe it has been that long. It's been interesting and a learning process...

Raeux is an original manga-style comic that concerns the on goings of a very small and shrinking Guild House set on a distant world; strangers visit and break their status quo. In the next two chapters (8-9) Taul goes from student and tutor to murderer in the dark streets of the lower city.

Chapters (about 22 pages) are posted about every 5-6 weeks (also archived) at http://www.viistar.com , and toned pages update on all even days at http://viistar.comicgenesis.com or mirrored at http://www.viistar.com/comic . The toned archives are located at http://viistar.comicgenesis.com/archives.html

For all 154 published, non-toned pages in two page format (the latter of better quality than the former, of course):

<a href="http://www.viistar.com/images/2d/manga/ ... eux1_0.htm">
1st Rank: The Sun Still Rises</a>

<a href="http://www.viistar.com/images/2d/manga/ ... eux2_0.htm">
2nd Rank: To Mnalhyn</a>

<a href="http://www.viistar.com/images/2d/manga/ ... eux3_0.htm">
3rd Rank: Honored Guest</a>

<a href="http://www.viistar.com/images/2d/manga/ ... eux4_0.htm">
4th Rank: Tantrum</a>

<a href="http://www.viistar.com/images/2d/manga/ ... eux5_0.htm">
5th Rank: Wind in the House of Raeux</a>

<a href="http://www.viistar.com/images/2d/manga/ ... eux6_0.htm">
6th Rank: The Thing that Destroys the Universe</a>

<a href="http://www.viistar.com/images/2d/manga/ ... eux7_0.htm">
7th Rank: Students and Guests</a>

Promo:
http://www.viistar.com/blog/raeux_promo_sml.jpg

Only one image allowed per pitch, image must be under 128kb in size. Images removed by admin, please choose one to edit back into this post. -Admin

Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:47 pm
by VIIStar
8th Rank: Work Hard!
155-176


Excessive images edited out by admin.

Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:59 am
by Guardsman
Alright I could say a lot, but I want to keep it short. In my own opinion WtHoR is incredible. Its pro level, and should be printed! I recently bought cow boy bebop book 1 and the art is no where near as awesome as yours VIIStar.

To put it simply, I reformatted my computer two weeks ago and I have two comics on my favorites at the movement. The first is my own, because I need it there, and the second is Raeux.

Keep up the hard work VIIstar, you give me some thing to aspire to!

PS: I need to work on my toneing, mind if I give a shot at a few of your untoned pages

Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:40 am
by K-Dawg
Sorry I don't want to sound like an ass but:
*Only 1 image per thread. Keep it PG Rated. Size restrictions go as follows: 550 pixels wide, 128k limit, GIF/JPG/PNG format. No BMP. STRICTLY ENFORCED. Violate these and your image gets nuked. Think of us dial-up folk.
Now then, to check out your comic.

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:09 am
by VIIStar
Thank you, guardsman, for the compliment, but i don't think i'm ready for anything professional yet, :shucks: but i'll keep working towards it.

As for nuking the images, K-dawg, it took them a month to notice, and i'm not losing any sleep over it.

Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:08 am
by VIIStar

Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:53 am
by Komiyan
I really like the detail, but I sorta wish the noses were less.. sharp?

Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:18 pm
by VIIStar
Komiyan wrote:I really like the detail, but I sorta wish the noses were less.. sharp?
and he pegs the one thing that isn't changing.. XD if they were human they'd look more human ^^;

10th Rank: Qenentra of the Dark City
199-220

and that took about a month longer than it should have...
grad apps kicked my ass.

Bluefin promo poster